PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2011 1:33 am 

Re: Women Are More Savvy than “The Rest” Want to Admit

NO BLEEPIN' WAY..... (group-hug)

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2011 2:12 am 

Quote:
They buy more online.

They make more transactions.

They spend more.

This is true regardless of the internet or not. Women love to shop period. They buy more junk than men do, period (thats why retailers love them). How does this somehow make them more savvy than men?

Quote:
According to “She’s Connected,” they were busy:

- Viewing social network profiles – 92%

- Creating a social network profile – 91%

- Watching online videos – 88%

- Reading blogs – 84%

- Uploading pictures to sites – 82%

- Leaving comments on sites – 78%

- Starting blogs – 52%

- Subscribing to RSS feeds – 48%

- Downloading podcasts 48%

- Sending private messages to friends (not on LinkedIn) – 34.6%

- Getting product info including coupons – 8.7%

- Playing games – 6.4%

- Writing product reviews – 5%

Gossiping and time wasting in other words, another thing besides shopping that women have always outperformed men in. Once again how does this make women more savvy than men.

Bottom line men tend to use the internet (and most things) for more serious purposes, women for more trivial purposes. Those corporations who peddle triviality love women as a result.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2011 2:32 am 

If i may offer my opinion

Women overall use the Internet more for social networking already - they hold their family's purse strings. They are tech savvy but the men who run the sites aren't making their sites particularly appealing to them.

ABT mostly appeals to men. It's not what what i want, but all of our writer are men (so far)
- if we had more women writing our articles, we would have a larger audience and it would be far closer to 50-50 instead of 90-10 (men to women).
:hello:

Women don't particularly do a lot of formal product reviews from what i can see .. it is their own loss imo and a field a female writer/blogger could do well in.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2011 3:12 pm 

Woman love to shop and socialize -- this isn't surprising.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2011 3:46 pm 

The *point* of the article is that they control the purse strings.
--That IS pretty damn savvy; most of the "rest" of us don't even think about it - never mind admit it
:)

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2011 4:20 pm 

My wife doesn't control my wallet, she earns her own money and we both put in toward normal living expenses. It has been like that since before we married, neither sees the other as a money tree to be exploited.

When women do spend money online though, they tend to spend it on more frivolous things than a man would (great if you are a seller of frivolous things).

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2011 4:32 pm 

You cannot generalize from your one atypical personal example.
:think:

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2011 4:58 pm 

Yeah, some women are gold diggers, some aren't. Almost all have more shoes than they can possibly ever wear though :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2011 5:14 pm 

What's up with all the shoes? That needs to be studied with a think tank! I loathe shopping and one time was stuck behind some woman talking about designer purses; it was a frigg'n nightmare let me tell ya!:)

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2011 4:50 am 

grstanford wrote:
My wife doesn't control my wallet, she earns her own money and we both put in toward normal living expenses. It has been like that since before we married, neither sees the other as a money tree to be exploited.

When women do spend money online though, they tend to spend it on more frivolous things than a man would (great if you are a seller of frivolous things).

Wow, after more than 1 year of interacting with you here on the forums, you finally mention your wife (and I finally know that you're married)! :hello: :)

To be forgiven by Jesus, He rose us from the sinful dead with bonding love.

______

Dear GOD, My GOD, I Will Live With YOU In YOUR BONDING LOVE and YOUR Heavenly Faith And Love Forever And Forever, Amen.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2011 4:59 am 

I don't see the value in talking about it most of the time, my private life is mostly just that - private.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2011 7:05 am 

Private.. oh come on, haha! You talk about the games that you play and the hardware that you own, but think that it's private to talk about your wife?

Just kidding, man! Yeah, it's a tech forum and yeah it's not a place to talk about wifey stuff, I concede.. Oh well, back to topic, I guess.. about (private) women.

:tease:
grstanford wrote:
Yeah, some women are gold diggers, some aren't. Almost all have more shoes than they can possibly ever wear though :lol:

Same here, my wife has more shoes than she wears in 5 years. I almost have to force her by my seductive magic powers to downsize the closet inventory once every few years.

But I do have more control of the finances than she does.. (shhh..).. well, she spends it away a bit sometimes, but I buy the bigger stuff. :D

______

Dear GOD, My GOD, I Will Live With YOU In YOUR BONDING LOVE and YOUR Heavenly Faith And Love Forever And Forever, Amen.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2011 8:38 am 

Some people value their privacy more than others. I am one of those who values it. That is why I have no facebook page etc. The world in general does not need to know how I live my life, or how many times I scratched my butt today. Social networking for me means going for a night out with friends, not blabbing nonsense online so advertisers can mine my habits and market to me.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2011 3:20 am 

Yeah, with a certain degree of privacy, I feel that I have more freedom to be the "unfettered" self. If everybody knows who I am, and if I want to hold a position of high authority in the future, everything I said in the past could be used against me. Like, for example, if Sarah Palin had a vulgar history of prostitution, and openly commented about it on the internet, she can very well forget about ever *running* for presidency, let alone governorship or any other positions in the state government. That's my own main concern about privacy.. I like to be able to say "f**k" once in a while! Sometimes it just feels like the most appropriate word to say at the moment!

But then again.. privacy can mean a limitation upon expressing the true self (true origins, etc..)! Oh well, that's just for me.. :rolleyes:

______