ABT Forum

It is currently Sat Jul 26, 2014 3:10 pm

All times are UTC




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2226 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45 ... 149  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2012 1:54 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jul 04, 2008 5:26 am
Posts: 25227
Location: 404 - Not Found!
There are no "bad" video cards. Just overpriced ones. At $400 the HD 7950 is irrelevant; at $350 it is decent


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2012 5:58 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Mar 25, 2009 11:58 am
Posts: 812
Location: New York
Two posters in particular are pushing very hard for AMD over at VC&G. Can you pick them out? :D

_________________
Member of Nvidia Focus Group
NVIDIA Focus Group Members receive free software and/or hardware from NVIDIA from time to time
to facilitate the evaluation of NVIDIA products. However, the opinions expressed are solely those of the Members.

i5 2500K @ 4.4GHz. Titan Black SLI. ASUS P-Z68-V/Gen3


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2012 6:57 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jul 04, 2008 5:26 am
Posts: 25227
Location: 404 - Not Found!
It's been 3 weeks. Do you think Chris Hook is going to get back with ABT?

or is he on vacation .. a long lunch break .. not feeling well ..

any more excuses you want me to make for them for blacklisting ABT?
:scratch:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2012 7:08 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Mar 25, 2009 11:58 am
Posts: 812
Location: New York
apoppin wrote:
It's been 3 weeks. Do you think Chris Hook is going to get back with ABT?

or is he on vacation .. a long lunch break .. not feeling well ..

any more excuses you want me to make for them for blacklisting ABT?
:scratch:


I didn't want you to make any excuses. I wanted you to be sure.
That's all. As much as I'd like to see AMD's viral stealth marketers collapse under their own weight and supernova, a little
caution never hurts.

I think you're safe. Chris Hook led you on, made you believe he was going to be investigating the whole situation. I think that is apparent now.

Front page time? Just inquiring, not suggesting. And I wonder how long before the consumerist contacts you.

_________________
Member of Nvidia Focus Group
NVIDIA Focus Group Members receive free software and/or hardware from NVIDIA from time to time
to facilitate the evaluation of NVIDIA products. However, the opinions expressed are solely those of the Members.

i5 2500K @ 4.4GHz. Titan Black SLI. ASUS P-Z68-V/Gen3


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2012 7:40 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jul 04, 2008 5:26 am
Posts: 25227
Location: 404 - Not Found!
Well, i am a little busy with a Sapphire review; at least ten other product reviews and i am leaving Monday for the GTC . . . So we can give him 4 weeks
:)


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2012 1:01 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Nov 22, 2010 9:22 am
Posts: 3343
apoppin wrote:
:scratch:

And i am unsure about Steam. It is asking me for data regularly now. On my notebook and on my desktop when i make major changes.




http://store.steampowered.com/news/2099/

link wrote:

The new version of the Steam Hardware Survey tracks hardware adoption behavior by collecting data on a monthly basis directly from computers running Steam.


it collects data monthly. you can opt out of the survey and no data will ever be collect. They may be asking you trying to get your data. In a lot of ways its works just like the TV stations and TV show data is collected. If you dont know, they really cant tell what everyone is watching. Insteads they survey a large sample of ppl and calculate it. This is how they come up with the figures. Like when they say 3million ppl tuned in to a show. Its done by data samples collected. Its good enough that networks base everything on this kind of system. Shows are cancelled or signed up for new seasons based on these samples. Preliminary election results are sampled in almost the same way. While no one can say they are 100% accurate, they are accepted as very useful. Its the way we collect data in the modern age!

anyway, steam is very large and these numbers are not meaningless. we can conclude charlie is no where close to correct. Its just not possible.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2012 1:46 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jul 04, 2008 5:26 am
Posts: 25227
Location: 404 - Not Found!
The Nielsen ratings. don't get me started. it is not terribly accurate but that is what is used.

i would say that steam is more accurate. Steam started asking me about HW a few weeks ago. There was a long gap where there was no pop-up. i always assumed that the survey was taken automatically from each PC whose user agreed to it; but evidently they repeat their request sometimes. i always say yes.
That is why my GT 8200M/dual core mobile Athlon brings down the average.
:)


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2012 2:52 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jul 04, 2008 5:26 am
Posts: 25227
Location: 404 - Not Found!
Keysplayr wrote:
Two posters in particular are pushing very hard for AMD over at VC&G. Can you pick them out? :D

You mean a dull tool that claims to be a sword? Like Evolucion8 died and was reincarnated in India
(ROFLMAO)

http://forums.anandtech.com/showpost.ph ... stcount=69
Quote:
I have posted an analysis of one of the only reviews online where both cards are above 1200mhz, 680 was 1340 MHz and 7970 was around 1250 MHz. It is an article by overclock3d and I posted the analysis here. Despite being clocked 100mhz less the 7970 was 5% faster asan index at 1080p 8x aa

i cannot imagine a GTX 680 at 1340MHz .. it would eat the HD 7970 for a snack and belch it out in radioactive dust.
:D
Here's a review with a 7970 at 1200/1575MHz and the GTX 680 at 1186/3604MHz. I didn't get a "golden sample" from AMD that would do 1250MHz. Even at 1200MHz and drawing well over 100W more than the OC'd/overvolted GTX 680, the HD 7970 is still slower. You would need approximately 1250-1300MHz on the HD 7970 just for PARITY with the GTX 680 at 1200MHz. That would not happen as a stock clock until HD 7980; a complete reworking of it at the transistor level - and evidently AMD blew it in their arrogance thinking that Nvidia would be 6-8 months late and that Southern Islands would be shortly after. AMD did not get a "Respin Insurance Policy" as i suggested they might need, last December.


Image
Image
The charts don't lie. Without a respin, AMD has lost this round. They are using too much power to make overclocking further than 1050MHz practical so as to catch the *stock* GTX 680. Which means when translated (analysis), their pricing on the HD 7970 needs to drop further. They have lost much goodwill from their customers by being overly aggressive.
:hello:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2012 5:28 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Mar 26, 2012 3:32 pm
Posts: 2423
Location: India
apoppin wrote:
Keysplayr wrote:
Two posters in particular are pushing very hard for AMD over at VC&G. Can you pick them out? :D

You mean a dull tool that claims to be a sword? Like Evolucion8 died and was reincarnated in India
(ROFLMAO)

http://forums.anandtech.com/showpost.ph ... stcount=69
Quote:
I have posted an analysis of one of the only reviews online where both cards are above 1200mhz, 680 was 1340 MHz and 7970 was around 1250 MHz. It is an article by overclock3d and I posted the analysis here. Despite being clocked 100mhz less the 7970 was 5% faster asan index at 1080p 8x aa

i cannot imagine a GTX 680 at 1340MHz .. it would eat the HD 7970 for a snack and belch it out in radioactive dust.
:D
Here's a review with a 7970 at 1200/1575MHz and the GTX 680 at 1186/3604MHz. I didn't get a "golden sample" from AMD that would do 1250MHz. Even at 1200MHz and drawing well over 100W more than the OC'd/overvolted GTX 680, the HD 7970 is still slower. You would need approximately 1250-1300MHz on the HD 7970 just for PARITY with the GTX 680 at 1200MHz. That would not happen as a stock clock until HD 7980; a complete reworking of it at the transistor level - and evidently AMD blew it in their arrogance thinking that Nvidia would be 6-8 months late and that Southern Islands would be shortly after. AMD did not get a "Respin Insurance Policy" as i suggested they might need, last December.


Image
Image
The charts don't lie. Without a respin, AMD has lost this round. They are using too much power to make overclocking further than 1050MHz practical so as to catch the *stock* GTX 680. Which means when translated (analysis), their pricing on the HD 7970 needs to drop further. They have lost much goodwill from their customers by being overly aggressive.
:hello:


He is extremely obsessive with the 7970.I won't be surprised if he gets a infraction for thread crapping.Many people will bait him and they will watch the Rome burn.I think he is very young and naive.

_________________
My Avatar is Retard cat approved :)


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2012 6:42 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Apr 23, 2009 1:54 am
Posts: 2531
Every time I see that name I think Skywalker..... as in Luke Skywalker (ROFLMAO)
Should be more of a tainted RED Vader!

I'm not going to jump in on this shite. I will enjoy my 670 when it arrives. You guys deal with it.


EDIT-- Damn, just noticed I had my Heatware name in RED below. Will change it now ;)

_________________
Heatware is listed under CorCentral

Win7--Intel DH77KC---Intel i7 3770---Evga 670ftw---EVGA 650G SuperNova psu---Mushkin Blackline ddr3/1600/8gb #997043---WD Velociraptor 500gb--- Kaspersky Internet Security '14


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2012 6:50 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Mar 25, 2009 11:58 am
Posts: 812
Location: New York
CorCentral wrote:
Every time I see that name I think Skywalker..... as in Luke Skywalker (ROFLMAO)
Should be more of a tainted RED Vader!

I'm not going to jump in on this shite. I will enjoy my 670 when it arrives. You guys deal with it.


EDIT-- Damn, just noticed I had my Heatware name in RED below. Will change it now ;)


Wasn't it spelled Aalderan? The planet the death star pwned?

_________________
Member of Nvidia Focus Group
NVIDIA Focus Group Members receive free software and/or hardware from NVIDIA from time to time
to facilitate the evaluation of NVIDIA products. However, the opinions expressed are solely those of the Members.

i5 2500K @ 4.4GHz. Titan Black SLI. ASUS P-Z68-V/Gen3


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2012 7:01 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Apr 23, 2009 1:54 am
Posts: 2531
You mean Alderaan :good:

I was talking about aaksheytalwar in the "other" forum.

_________________
Heatware is listed under CorCentral

Win7--Intel DH77KC---Intel i7 3770---Evga 670ftw---EVGA 650G SuperNova psu---Mushkin Blackline ddr3/1600/8gb #997043---WD Velociraptor 500gb--- Kaspersky Internet Security '14


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2012 7:32 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Mar 25, 2009 11:58 am
Posts: 812
Location: New York
CorCentral wrote:
You mean Alderaan :good:

I was talking about aaksheytalwar in the "other" forum.


Yes I know, I just remembered the double "A" in the name and thought maybe that is why aaksheytalwar re..... Oh nevermind. LOL

_________________
Member of Nvidia Focus Group
NVIDIA Focus Group Members receive free software and/or hardware from NVIDIA from time to time
to facilitate the evaluation of NVIDIA products. However, the opinions expressed are solely those of the Members.

i5 2500K @ 4.4GHz. Titan Black SLI. ASUS P-Z68-V/Gen3


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2012 1:17 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jul 04, 2008 5:26 am
Posts: 25227
Location: 404 - Not Found!
i heard back from Nvidia this morning:

Quote:
the info on that link is correct, although no one knew about it. I just received this from our social media director:





"Our official stance is that employees are allowed to speak about our technologies and partners as long as they disclose they work for NVIDIA, and that their opinions are their own, not necessarily those of the company. Employees must disclose their relationship to NVIDIA whenever they talk about topics related to us. Also, we do not condone mudslinging against competitors.



Separately, if someone is an official spokesperson (as designated by marketing/their manager) they may speak on behalf of the company."



This is a change from about 3 years ago when employees were not allowed to post about NVIDIA.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 3:09 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jul 04, 2008 5:26 am
Posts: 25227
Location: 404 - Not Found!
A good example of how not to do things at ATF - this time in CPU forum with a thread created by Idontcare out of the accusations:

http://forums.anandtech.com/showthread.php?t=2251290


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2226 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45 ... 149  Next

All times are UTC


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group