ABT Forum

It is currently Sun Sep 21, 2014 6:05 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 78 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2011 6:23 pm 

See through high resolution 3D HDTV/display glasses. Great idea but at a weight of 240g it is far too heavy to wear as eye-wear.
http://techcrunch.com/2011/11/09/moveri ... d-display/

Perhaps this is a better pic
:hello:

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2011 8:22 pm 

i gotta say there is a concerted negative campaign against 3D Vision. You guys are cool here and quote articles and reviews that give opinions on S3D future - but no outright lies like at the other forum

http://forums.anandtech.com/showthread. ... 510&page=2

Why is it that AMD's viral asset is making up complete BS about 3D Vision? It is clear from his posts that he has never even tried it - look at his post
Quote:
I've used it; 3D vision, and was not impressed. It's cool in some games, but is not comfortable for long stretches. It's worthless for any competitive online multiplayer games as it's a hindrance in those games.

The image looks dark and washed out, in many titles the 3D is way overdone.

Well that got me suspicious but then here follows a total made up fantasy:
Quote:
There really isn't much fiddling you can do. You can basically adjust the depth, which either dramatizes or diminishes the effect of jump-out. The other issue is in some games the effect is way over-done, like it is in some movies, every bloody thing is jumping out of the screen - overkill.

What a BS post. If he lies about his 3D Vision, do you really think he has 3x480 SLI.

i smell a viral rat. Hopefully he was cut off along with the bad PR.
:)

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2011 8:46 pm 

Personally, just point out what I feel is inaccurate and keep the high road, for the most part. IF I know someone pretty well, I may offer a dig though with colorful wording.

The key for me is when I see someone offer negatives about stereo 3d and don't mention ghosting or CrossTalk, translates into not testing or investigating stereo3d for a lengthy time. The key is keep plugging away, share views, fairness, word of mouth and be consistent -- gamers notice this and believe they respect this.

I was glad to see nVidia try to improve upon the limitations.

A rat will eventually hang themselve and one that is fair -- their past posts speak for themselves.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2011 9:27 pm 

i am so sick of that place. It offends me to see the deliberate lies - especially since it is viral marketing
- and that particular goof has never seen 3D Vision. His posts about it are a complete fabrication.

i don't think i care to post there any longer. Let them live in their ignorance. i think i will work with you guys to build this forum into a much better discussion place than any forum that has existed before.\

BtW, that is a nice review of the 27" ASUS that you posted a link to at the other forum.
http://3dvision-blog.com/review-of-the- ... d-monitor/
- i should be getting my Light Boost 3D Vision 2 glasses pretty soon; hopefully i can do some Batman Arkham City testing.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2011 9:58 pm 

At least the viral asset is finally doing his 3D Vision research now:
Quote:
World of Warcraft was one of the games I found to be the best suited and a game I thought really benefited from 3D. Even the UI worked well with it, something I found was often a problem in other games under 3D.

What a liar; what a comedy show over there.
(TandJ)

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2011 10:09 pm 

i forgot to mention; his buddy Nigel jumped in to defend him.
- i guess they got to circle their wagons, Austin style
:grin:

Unless i am mistaken, that is the same guy who posts AMD PR notices on their forum at the exact moment that i also get them from AMD; he just never gives credit to his source

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2011 11:44 pm 

Well, it seems NigelG is reading these posts; along with a few other guests. Please stop in and say 'hi' - we can have a real discussion about marketing over here. It is taboo over there. If i mixed you up with someone else, my apologies .. and i can always search.

Quote:
You flagrantly promote your site here that you market on this forum then you talk about marketing?

Flagrantly? i post a link that ATF allows in my sig to whatever ABT article that is current - just as ANY other poster is allowed. i also post useful information without linking to my site in my posts there - ever. There is nothing hidden and nothing that is not completely transparent - unlike some of the deceitful posters over there who get AMD HW (for example) in exchange for their posts without disclosing it.

You ask what is wrong. i get to expose lies and viral marketing every now and again - just as in the past. Some posters are finally figuring out for themselves what a lying white viral rat looks and smells like.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2011 12:04 am 

SirPauly wrote:
Personally, just point out what I feel is inaccurate and keep the high road, for the most part. IF I know someone pretty well, I may offer a dig though with colorful wording.

The key for me is when I see someone offer negatives about stereo 3d and don't mention ghosting or CrossTalk, translates into not testing or investigating stereo3d for a lengthy time. The key is keep plugging away, share views, fairness, word of mouth and be consistent -- gamers notice this and believe they respect this.

I was glad to see nVidia try to improve upon the limitations.

A rat will eventually hang themselve and one that is fair -- their past posts speak for themselves.

i think he hung himself with his own words.

It is clear to anyone that has tried 3D Vision that he hasn't. Is there any defense to that "pop out" nonsense post he made?

Quote:
The other issue is in some games the effect is way over-done, like it is in some movies, every bloody thing is jumping out of the screen - overkill

He is watching movies. i'd like to see a PC game that uses pop-outs for a friggin change for something other than cutscenes or maybe an occasional attempt at making me flinch.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2011 12:19 am 

Tend to look at it this way, there was a positive there about Stereo3d. For me, really enjoy sharing views with others and can handle extremists, biased, viral, marketeers, fud and outright BS --- but what shines are posters with tangible passion for gaming; it shines right through the clouds of negativity.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2011 12:29 am 

SirPauly wrote:
Tend to look at it this way, there was a positive there about Stereo3d. For me, really enjoy sharing views with others and can handle extremists, biased, viral, marketeers, fud and outright BS --- but what shines are posters with tangible passion for gaming; it shines right through the clouds of negativity.

You are really annoying in the best possible way.

Thank-you for that reminder. Yes it is about our passion for gaming. It doesn't matter what PC you have; the passion for gaming shines brightly in contrast to the negative and dark attitude of the look-down-their-nose-at-everything HW elitists. i think that is what got me irritated in the first place.

Just curious. Do you have your own blog?

EDIT: And next time you talk to Nigel, give him my apologies for snapping back and accusing him. He is welcome here anytime

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2011 12:50 am 

I post at Rage3d and my hangout! I release my technology passion through posting. When I try to discuss technology in the actual work place -- odd things happen -- potential clients fall asleep! When I try at home -- lights out, instantly catatonic-- or it's like they can't actually hear me! Very strange and realize there has to be others out there with similar passion -- thankfully, there are forums were there is a multitude of passionate mind-sets arguing about everything technology, springled with personal shots and negativity, too, hehe!:) Embrace the points, and at times, one learns as well!

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2011 2:46 am 

That is why i wondered if you blogged. For some of us, it is the next step after forum posting. i like posting on forums too (obviously) but there are times when you can collect your thoughts and put it all in one place.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2011 4:04 am 

How can you stand it except as a very dark comedy with piss poor performers?

Send in the clowns:

After admitting no interest in 3D and not playing a single game with it, you get the longest post full of nothing imaginable - the crux being lack of imagination
Quote:
I can't imagine I want to play hours and hours of a videogame with glasses on my head. Heck, having a headset, with a wire, while I play multi-player games, is already irritating.

Yeah, i can imagine anything too .. however, properly made 3D glasses are already proven a non issue for consumers. Glasses free tech for large screen is a myth. At least not any time soon.
:P

Another ridiculous post gives Frys as an example. Frys?
Quote:
Really? Is that why the NV 3D Vision stand in Fry's Electronics sucks as well? It's not even properly setup either?

3D sucks because it's garbage, not because we don't have it setup right. If NV/Frys aren't having their own displays setup properly to "impress" me, then I guess that's a MASSIVE fail on Nvidia's part.

Sure .. the Nvidia inspectors aren't doing their job. i thought ATF had a rule about (impersonating) 12 year old kids.
:grin:

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2011 4:08 am 

It will only get worse and not better in the video forum. After all Intel has left AMD for dead in the CPU arena, they only have GPU to try and sell now.

"At NVIDIA we know that all shredders are green." --Jensen Huang
Adam knew he should have bought a PC, but Eve fell for the marketing hype. >:)
Having a lot of people buy your product doesn't do you much good if they subsequently decide they don't like it. There's a reason snake oil salesmen moved from town to town every few days. ;)

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2011 4:17 am 

It is getting painful to even watch. i am amazed that Sir Pauly deals with it so well.
- but then if he puts his friends to sleep in RL discussing tech . . . he must have patience

i looked this morning at that thread and i do have to say the level of stupidity is rising over at ATF. And it's still hard for me to believe that a supposedly intelligent poster would make up a fantasy based upon 3D *advertising* and claim that they actually tried 3D Vision.
-- this is a signature worthy quote demonstrating ignorant BS about 3D Vision; something NOT found in gaming at all:
Quote:
The other issue is in some games the effect is way over-done, like it is in some movies, every bloody thing is jumping out of the screen - overkill.

And it is all based on advertising like this. This is the 3D Vision that their viral poster has "evaluated"
:tease:

But that is the impression one gets from all of the ads. Only the movies look like that and Nvidia is guilty also of portraying gaming as "pop-out" ... i wish it was. Larger screens would allow for it and the devs should have the option to experiment much more.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 78 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next