Register
It is currently Fri Apr 18, 2014 11:38 am

When will Kepler Launch? What's the "hold up"?

View active topics

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 949 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 95  Next
#31) 
 PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 1:47 am   

grstanford wrote:
apoppin wrote:
If you really want to get them rabid

Just say it looks like their new CEO is prepping the company for sale
:grin:

What thread/sub-forum did that happen in? haven't seen it yet.

i am suggesting it
>:)

Profile WWW  
#32) 
 PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 1:54 am   

I thought it might already have happened over there and I missed out on comedy hour or something!

Having a lot of people buy your product doesn't do you much good if they subsequently decide they don't like it. There's a reason snake oil salesmen moved from town to town every few days. ;)

#33) 
 PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 2:01 am   

Maybe it did and i am not paying attention; i really don't look there much anymore. We have better discussions here with less ridiculous flights of fantasy and fanboyism.

But if you want to really irritate them, a good argument can be made for the CEO making big cuts, shifting their marketing to Edelman, changing their direction and generating quick cash, so the company looks good on the books as simply preparation to sell it.

Profile WWW  
#34) 
 PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 3:50 am   

Btw. I wasn't specifically referencing to this site earlier.

Okay. That's all. LOL.

#35) 
 PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 9:01 am   

apoppin wrote:
Maybe it did and i am not paying attention; i really don't look there much anymore. We have better discussions here with less ridiculous flights of fantasy and fanboyism.

But if you want to really irritate them, a good argument can be made for the CEO making big cuts, shifting their marketing to Edelman, changing their direction and generating quick cash, so the company looks good on the books as simply preparation to sell it.

I was thinking the very same and have stated so when Rory Read fired so many. Looked like it "might" be an exit strategy to reduce outgoing cash flow (employees) and boost up the books a bit. Now fast tracking the 7970 at extreme premiums which is unlike AMD has done over the last several launches, could also boost the books over a short period of time. Rory "might" be prepping the company for sale and trying to get the most money possible for it's shareholders. I could be totally wrong about all this, but I feel that Rory Read could be an exit CEO. Pretty thin I know, but I've seen this behavior before, albeit on a smaller scale.

i5 2500K @ 4.4GHz. Titan Black SLI. ASUS P-Z68-V/Gen3

#36) 
 PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 11:45 am   

oh no pop! its another gk104 launching first mid march:

http://translate.google.com/translate?s ... rs&act=url

This is supposed to be coming from an AIB and supports what i first thought. I am really sure the gk104 will beat the 7950, i was also into thinking it could be first to launch. I was hearing this possibility way a long time ago before i seen any articles saying such. Once these articles came saying the it, i was taking that as almost like a confirmation it must be true. Anyway, the name wasnt beinfg debated and by the looks of these articles, it still is. The 570ti really makes me think there is something to this. I heard they were really debating hard on what to call the gk104. Its interesting

#37) 
 PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 12:11 pm   

Why not have them all launch together as some other sources have suggested. All the SKUs within a month or so?

Maybe what you heard is accurate but just one small part of the picture. Here is the GK107
http://vr-zone.com/articles/nvidia-gk10 ... 14953.html

Profile WWW  
#38) 
 PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 2:34 pm   

The gk107 was built primarily for notebooks. It will need to be at least 50% more than what Intel's Ivy bridge and AMD APU's for it to be a viable desktop part worth spending money on.

#39) 
 PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 7:36 pm   

apoppin wrote:
Keysplayr wrote:
What's the prize? And can I play? Muhwaahahahaaaa......... ;)

Of course, and if you do play, also please state if you are under-NDA with Nvidia on Kepler, or not. :P
>:)

As to the prize ... i am asking if we should make it a formal ABT contest. :?:
- i can always find something nice
:hello:

Quote:
It will be here when it gets here. Likely early to mid April.

i am actually asking for a very specific date. "Closest" guess wins
--remember that Nvidia appears to like certain days of the week and certain times of the day to launch
(Are they superstitious or is this based on research?)

My guess is March 23. :duel:

To be forgiven by Jesus, He rose us from the sinful dead with bonding love.

______

Dear GOD, My GOD, I Will Live With YOU In YOUR BONDING LOVE and YOUR Heavenly Faith And Love Forever And Forever, Amen.

Last edited by BoFox on Tue Feb 21, 2012 11:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

#40) 
 PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 8:05 pm   

Quote:
Keysplayr shouldnt be eligible...

Then he would have to declare if he us under NDA with Nvidia on Kepler .. IF there is an NDA on Kepler
:grin:

i would say that Focus Group is by definition under NDA with Nvidia and .. and it wouldn't be fair - nor allowable by Nvidia for him to give out that information
:hello:

Profile WWW  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 949 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 95  Next