i can't imagine that anyone would buy a card on the chance that it overclocks well, but the best of luck to you. Give us your impressions of the card when you get it, please.
The overclocking played a factor, but really the main reasons why I chose this card over the GTX 560 Ti 448:
- 2gb of vram vs 1280mb on the Ti 448
- the 7850 is cooler, quieter, and more energy efficient
- apparently this card overclocks 30% which is a big deal to me; I do overclock and I'm comfortable flashing the bios if I need to
- its performance is quite good and it goes toe-to-toe with the Ti 448
- there are no mail-in rebates involved
- the card is newer and there is a good chance that I will be able to get another one brand new in a year or so for a badass crossfire setup
Hey if I had more time right now and didn't have two screaming babies at me I would offer to review this card for ABT. I have an excellent testing rig now with my 2500k at 4.8ghz. If you guys want I can do it in early July when I'm off work for a bit.