It is currently Wed Apr 23, 2014 6:32 pm

Depending on where you work.... NSFW

View active topics

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

#11) 
 PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2010 12:48 am   

For being a free game, it's perfect!

(thy) EVGA!

Win7--Intel DH77KC---Intel i7 3770---Evga 670ftw---EVGA 650G SuperNova psu---Mushkin Blackline ddr3/1600/8gb #997043---WD Velociraptor 500gb--- Kaspersky Internet Security '14

#12) 
 PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2010 5:48 am   
You can clearly see where large sections of the game are MEANT to be and some of those gaping holes will be filled in by DLC (at extra cost, naturally).

What rankles me is the console excuse though "oh, it had to be dumbed down so the consoles could handle it" that gets trotted out time and again. The original Mafia game was also released on console - PS2 and they didn't dumb it down to nothing in order to acheive that. either.

#13) 
 PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2010 8:51 am   

All of the comments over at http://ve3d.ign.com/articles/news/57133 ... Bomb-Drops about Kingpin seem to agree with me, that Kingpin still rules the roost when it comes to the grittiest profanity!!!

To be forgiven by Jesus, He rose us from the sinful dead with bonding love.

______

Dear GOD, My GOD, I Will Live With YOU In YOUR BONDING LOVE and YOUR Heavenly Faith And Love Forever And Forever, Amen.

#14) 
 PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2010 8:53 am   

Also, have you tried out "Jimmy's Vendetta" DLC for Mafia 2? There's another one announced: "Joe's Adventures"
http://ve3d.ign.com/articles/news/57154 ... -Announced

To be forgiven by Jesus, He rose us from the sinful dead with bonding love.

______

Dear GOD, My GOD, I Will Live With YOU In YOUR BONDING LOVE and YOUR Heavenly Faith And Love Forever And Forever, Amen.

#15) 
 PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2010 11:11 pm   
Downloaded it, but frankly, feeling ripped off at $13 for something that should have been in the game all along (and there is more DLC coming at more cost). I'm willing to bet that even if you add the time it takes to complete Jimmy's Vendetta to the original missions you still won't have the same play time as the original (probably not with Joe's adventures" either), not to mention the main story for Mafia II just flat out isn't as good as Mafia 1's was.

#16) 
 PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2010 11:56 pm   

BoFox wrote:
Also, have you tried out "Jimmy's Vendetta" DLC for Mafia 2? There's another one announced: "Joe's Adventures"
http://ve3d.ign.com/articles/news/57154 ... -Announced

I saw the vendetta dlc just today, so I'm going to hold off on a Steam special 2 for 1 deal.

If someone sees a deal on the DLC, post it. I'll do the same.

Win7--Intel DH77KC---Intel i7 3770---Evga 670ftw---EVGA 650G SuperNova psu---Mushkin Blackline ddr3/1600/8gb #997043---WD Velociraptor 500gb--- Kaspersky Internet Security '14