ABT Forum

It is currently Wed Jul 30, 2014 9:14 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2010 2:03 pm 

Just got an email this morning from Charter.
http://connect.charter.com/freefast/

Depending on what package you had previously, upgrades go as follows.......
Express-- 5mbps to 8
Plus-- 10mbps to 16
Max-- 20mbps to 25 (upload went from 2mbps to 3 in this tier)

In less than a year, I've gone from 3mbps to 16mbps without paying anything extra. It may not seem like much for most people, but hell, I was on dial up about 2 years back!

I'm now averaging anywhere from 15 to 22+mbps with SpeakEasy (beer2)

Win7--Intel DH77KC---Intel i7 3770---Evga 670ftw---EVGA 650G SuperNova psu---Mushkin Blackline ddr3/1600/8gb #997043---WD Velociraptor 500gb--- Kaspersky Internet Security '14

PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2010 11:56 pm 

You should put all that extra new speed to good use and do faster searches for the truth.

You have a long way to go with your head filled with so much misinformation from Republicans.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2010 12:07 am 

??? I haven't posted anything politics in a while. I'm out of that arena.

And the Copy/Paste bs you plaster all over the front page here is good? (blwass)
Gets pretty depressing really. It definitely isn't helping the forum, that's for sure.

EDIT--- I see you're trying to inject politcs into almost everything you post. Too bad I cannot ignore you and wipe out all the sh!t you post. Doubt there's an App for that! (ROFLMAO)

Win7--Intel DH77KC---Intel i7 3770---Evga 670ftw---EVGA 650G SuperNova psu---Mushkin Blackline ddr3/1600/8gb #997043---WD Velociraptor 500gb--- Kaspersky Internet Security '14

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2010 12:07 pm 

CorCentral wrote:
EDIT--- I see you're trying to inject politics into almost everything you post.

Too bad I cannot ignore you and wipe out all the sh!t you post. Doubt there's an App for that! (ROFLMAO)

We live in one of the most highly charged Politics times in modern history driven in large part what is being called the Great Recession.

Hell up until Dems got back in we had Bush and McCain still proclaiming the "Economy is strong" right up to Election day.

I know for a fact the foe list or ignore list works like a champ not only here but also at AT.

Here is the list on that other site:

Don't let this happen to you, post responsibly:
This message is hidden because amdhunter, Fear No Evil, Medellon, Patranus, spidey07 is on your ignore list.

Self Moderation is just as powerful as Censorship and brainwashing. Both work equally as well.

I sincerely hope your path to the truth is realized using the tools we have in this Internet age because those that control our Governments will soon be in here like flies on fly paper.

It will be interesting that is for sure.

Good luck and God speed to us all.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2010 2:30 pm 

dmcowen674 wrote:
I know for a fact the foe list or ignore list works like a champ not only here but also at AT.

Really wish it were true.......

Foes are users which will be ignored by default. Posts by these users will not be fully visible. Personal messages from foes are still permitted. Please note that you cannot ignore moderators or administrators.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2010 2:37 pm 
So, has Dave been sending you unsolicited PM's even after you (presumably) asked him not to, that don't concern administering this forum?

If not, then what is your problem?

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2010 3:13 pm 

gstanford wrote:
So, has Dave been sending you unsolicited PM's even after you (presumably) asked him not to, that don't concern administering this forum?

If not, then what is your problem?

I'd rather not see all the copy/paste political banter he plasters all over the front page is all. Would love to add him as Foe just for that.
Nothing to do with PM's. He said that the FOE list works great. To which I replied...... not with Mods and Admins.

Nothing personal (ROFLMAO)

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2010 3:36 pm 

CorCentral wrote:
He said that the FOE list works great. To which I replied...... not with Mods and Admins.

Do you mean that if you put Dave on your ignore list, you still see his posts?
:scratch:

i *know* they come up on the main page :P
- we are going to put in a new "rumor" news section that will shorten the Forum posts section on the front page

What i really hate is that damn web news taking all the forum posts when it refreshes
:-q

Dave's politics should be easy to ignore. i ignore most of them myself
:hello:

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2010 3:49 pm 
I just tried and you can't add administrators/moderators to your foe list is the message that comes back (perhaps its different if you are admin yourself)

Frankly though until corcentral becomes an administrator of this site I don't think his opinion of what a (senior) admin here should and should not post counts for very much. Perhaps he should start his own politics free (or right wing loving) forum - he can then issue all the edicts he likes.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2010 3:56 pm 

gstanford wrote:
I just tried and you can't add administrators/moderators to your foe list is the message that comes back (perhaps its different if you are admin yourself)

Frankly though until corcentral becomes an administrator of this site I don't think his opinion of what a (senior) admin here should and should not post counts for very much. Perhaps he should start his own politics free (or right wing loving) forum - he can then issue all the edicts he likes.

OZ HAS SPOKEN!!! (ROFLMAO)

I don't care what he posts. Did you actually read before posting?

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2010 3:59 pm 
I've never had any reason to try and put a forum member on a foe list until I tried to do so with dave (to see if I could help you out).

Mind you, I'm sorely tempted to put you on my foe list....

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2010 4:03 pm 

gstanford wrote:
I've never had any reason to try and put a forum member on a foe list until I tried to do so with dave (to see if I could help you out).

Mind you, I'm sorely tempted to put you on my foe list....

You wouldn't hurt my feelings (group-hug)

I don't have anyone on my Foe list either, but I did "test" it lastnight with iRollo. Just tested mind you.
He posts some interesting stuff.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2010 4:06 pm 

Well, this is what a forum is .. for now
(F)

i can('t) imagine what will go on when we become a 3D virtual forum
:rolleyes:

But i am looking forward to it
:good:

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2010 4:12 pm 

apoppin wrote:
(F)

What will this entail? This 3d forum? Can you describe it?
Is anyone else currently doing this?

Is it going to be like an MMO type forum with actual 3d characters?

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2010 4:27 pm 

CorCentral wrote:
apoppin wrote:
(F)

What will this entail? This 3d forum? Can you describe it?
Is anyone else currently doing this?

Is it going to be like an MMO type forum with actual 3d characters?

Yes

i imagine others with vision are going to attempt this also. We are looking to transform our forum into a 3D virtual world powered by a game engine. It will start with our avatars interacting in a forum setting in Ancient Greece - basically in an open-air classroom .. and it will expand to where imagination takes it