They buy more online.
They make more transactions.
They spend more.
This is true regardless of the internet or not. Women love to shop period. They buy more junk than men do, period (thats why retailers love them). How does this somehow make them more savvy than men?
According to “She’s Connected,” they were busy:
- Viewing social network profiles – 92%
- Creating a social network profile – 91%
- Watching online videos – 88%
- Reading blogs – 84%
- Uploading pictures to sites – 82%
- Leaving comments on sites – 78%
- Starting blogs – 52%
- Subscribing to RSS feeds – 48%
- Downloading podcasts 48%
- Sending private messages to friends (not on LinkedIn) – 34.6%
- Getting product info including coupons – 8.7%
- Playing games – 6.4%
- Writing product reviews – 5%
Gossiping and time wasting in other words, another thing besides shopping that women have always outperformed men in. Once again how does this make women more savvy than men.
Bottom line men tend to use the internet (and most things) for more serious purposes, women for more trivial purposes. Those corporations who peddle triviality love women as a result.