ABT Forum

It is currently Thu Nov 27, 2014 7:22 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 949 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 64  Next
PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 5:17 pm 

I am thinking they went for another respin to squeeze out a little more performance per watt, and that is why we haven't gotten any substantial leaks. I'm "hoping" for a mid-march launch in similar fashion to how gtx480/580 launched, product reviews followed by retail availability a few days later. So I am going with March 19th for reviews, and availability either the Friday of that week (March 23rd) or sometime during the week after (March 26th though March 30th). I'd happily take a paper launch sooner like what AMD did with Tahiti. Lets get the information out!

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 6:52 pm 

I'll say nvidia will demo Kepler at CeBIT in march and reviews will go up the week after. March 14 is my guess.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 1:54 am 

I suspect the AiB's have been told that if they don't want to end up like BFG there had better not be any premature leaking or they might find it rather difficult to restock with chips once their initial allocation runs out......

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 2:08 am 

grstanford wrote:
I suspect the AiB's have been told that if they don't want to end up like BFG there had better not be any premature leaking or they might find it rather difficult to restock with chips once their initial allocation runs out......

There is something Nvidia can do that you guys are just not thinking about. The reason that the AiBs have been the dark until now.
:)

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 2:14 am 

I'm not in the dark. The cards themselves are likely being mass manufactured my one or two manufacturers, like Plantronics. All the other "AiB"'s just get to design the box art and the sticker, maybe remove the reference heatsink and put their own on, if they are lucky.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 2:19 am 

So when would the AiBs actually get the cards? When would they first actually see them? How long before launch?

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 2:22 am 

Not totally sure on that, but lets say they need a week to relabel and pack the card from when they get them, then they need to freight them to market.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 2:25 am 

So a couple of weeks?

Look at it this way .. from first silicon to launch is doable in 8 weeks according to what Nvidia planned for the GF100.

All that Nvidia would be waiting on is what AMD did not wait on ... building a good inventory up. Having enough usable chips to cover projected demand.

i believe that Nvidia is not Late; AMD was early and it shows

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 2:34 am 

Yes AMD madly rushed Tahiti to market, for two reasons. (1) To beat nvidia with Kepler. (2) Because Eric Demers was leaving.

Just don't mention AMD rushing Tahiti over on the other forum. keysplayer already got his head bitten off over it, seems to be a bit of a sore point among certain posters :lol: Can't imagine why..... (ROFLMAO)

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 2:49 am 

If you really want to get them rabid

Just say it looks like their new CEO is prepping the company for sale
:grin:

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 4:11 am 

All this beef over video cards makes me want to chuck my computer out the window at times.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 4:33 am 

What beef? Not here
:)

Where's the beef?
:D
Watch on youtube.com

Watch on youtube.com

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 5:14 am 

Everywhere. And not just at Wendy's.

So many negative vibes these days. I guess it was always like that though. I preferred when the internet sucked. And most of my knowledge came from PC Gamer.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 5:16 am 

apoppin wrote:
If you really want to get them rabid

Just say it looks like their new CEO is prepping the company for sale
:grin:

What thread/sub-forum did that happen in? haven't seen it yet.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 5:29 am 

Probably ATF, or just in general.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 949 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 64  Next