ABT Forum

It is currently Wed Jul 30, 2014 9:14 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2012 7:20 am 

So I have bitten the bullet and have decided that I'm going to sell my 11 inch Laptop (no not a Netbook) and see if I can experience what is the tremendous hype behind these Tablets so with the Prime and Ipad 2 being USD500 dollars and upwards it has pushed the prices of some of the Honeycomb Tablets in the regions of mid 300s in early to mid 400s. I would like to know which Tablets you guys have been using and what have your experiences been like?

For in much wisdom is much grief, and increase of knowledge is increase of sorrow

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2012 5:28 pm 

I've used a couple, and the ones I recommend the most are the Asus transformer and the galaxy tab. I personally prefer the original transformer its perfect for what you need. If you really want to show off get the prime. The original with the keyboard just feels perfect. It is a little heavier than the iPad but its works reallly good. The battery life is incredible,its speedy, there's always the application you need, and after awhile I missed using it over my laptop. The usual problems you get loading a page or anything is gone and ive always found myself trying to use a touchscreen on my laptop. Now I've used others like the kindle fire,while they are good just spend the money and get something that will last you and have plenty of stoarge space.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2012 6:19 am 

I have a distinctive purpose for my Desktop (leisure and productivity), laptop (productivity) I'm interested in a Tablet for more leisure than anything else so I wouldn't even think of comparing it to my Laptop or even the Netbooks I have used in the past.

Question how does the first iPad stand up against the current line of Honeycomb Tablets? I noticed they are usually compared to the iPad 2.

For in much wisdom is much grief, and increase of knowledge is increase of sorrow

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2012 1:10 pm 

OP, a tablet can by no means replace your laptop. Things like word processing will be much much better on your laptop.

Look at the tablet as a way to surf the web from your couch. If it does anything on top of that it's a bonus IMO.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 4:05 pm 

There is no camera on the ipad one.. And it's specs don't match that of the transformer personally its just old now and new applications for the ipad will forget it eventually.
The ipad has the ecosystem and itunes support behind it. I I think it just all depends on the experience you want.. The cheap tablets are not good at all.. You can 100% do word processing on a tablet.. There are many office applications in the market. I personally love tablets that can attach to a keyboard.. Laptops seems dull after using a tablet. The transformer allows you to expends its memory through its keyboard dock and an sd card on the device as well as internal memory. Things like that you'll never find on an ipad..

It all comes down to personal choice.if it 100 percent is for leisure then get an ipad, transformer, galaxy tab, and hell even tablets like the kindle fire or nook are good just to watch movies and play games.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 7:34 pm 

ZeroEnigma wrote:
There is no camera on the ipad one.. And it's specs don't match that of the transformer personally its just old now and new applications for the ipad will forget it eventually.
The ipad has the ecosystem and itunes support behind it. I I think it just all depends on the experience you want.. The cheap tablets are not good at all.. You can 100% do word processing on a tablet.. There are many office applications in the market. I personally love tablets that can attach to a keyboard.. Laptops seems dull after using a tablet. The transformer allows you to expends its memory through its keyboard dock and an sd card on the device as well as internal memory. Things like that you'll never find on an ipad..

It all comes down to personal choice.if it 100 percent is for leisure then get an ipad, transformer, galaxy tab, and hell even tablets like the kindle fire or nook are good just to watch movies and play games.

What is your take on the Playbook? I know it lacks 3G/4G, but can it attach to a keyboard, memory card, etc..? SB is saying that it's great..

To be forgiven by Jesus, He rose us from the sinful dead with bonding love.

______

Dear GOD, My GOD, I Will Live With YOU In YOUR BONDING LOVE and YOUR Heavenly Faith And Love Forever And Forever, Amen.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 8:56 pm 

Actually I'm messing with a Playbook now and I'm not impressed, I'm here trying to do things that I normally do for leisure on a Netbook or Laptop on it and so far the fact that the web browser is so bad I have already lost interest in it. My manager has an iPad 2 which I tinker with when I can and he brought in the Playbook that his wife uses for me for me to see the difference between the two products and so far the difference is crystal clear, so far I'm not impressed with the Playbook.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 9:28 pm 

Good luck rendering flash on the ipad. For 1/3 the price, the Playbook is easily the better purchase IMO.

What didn't you like about the browser?

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 9:38 pm 

Just as a reference, you should read this:

http://www.techdigest.tv/2011/06/blackberry_play_8.html

According to them, browsing on the Playbook is better than browsing on the ipad.

It's a good comparison and I agree with it.

For the same price would I take an ipad? Yes. It's probably a little better overall. It's certainly not 2-3 times better though, and it should be seeing as you're paying that much more for it.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 9:44 pm 

ZeroEnigma wrote:

The camera is not an issue for me I have a dedicated camera I dabble a bit in photography but I'm really like the Apple Store and if I had to sacrifice a generation since I don't intend on spending iPad 2 money then if the advantages of the iPad 2 are slightly or in acceptable parameters I would get it.

SickBeast wrote:
Good luck rendering flash on the ipad. For 1/3 the price, the Playbook is easily the better purchase IMO.

What didn't you like about the browser?

Just overall browsing Beast I'm here going on my manga sites, loading the FB app etc..... and it either browse slowly and or fails all together in the middle of browsing and I'm here with the iPad 2 and my Laptop on the same connection and not having any browsing issues.

SickBeast wrote:
Just as a reference, you should read this:

http://www.techdigest.tv/2011/06/blackberry_play_8.html

According to them, browsing on the Playbook is better than browsing on the ipad.

It's a good comparison and I agree with it.

For the same price would I take an ipad? Yes. It's probably a little better overall. It's certainly not 2-3 times better though, and it should be seeing as you're paying that much more for it.

I also saw a good review of it on youtube but no review is going to over write my own experiences its not like I'm going from site and reading reviews about it to come to a conclusion I have a Playbook right in front of me now so that is what I'm basing my views from.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 9:58 pm 

I'm quite surprised you're having issues browsing on the Playbook. I haven't had any issues with it.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 10:03 pm 

SickBeast wrote:
I'm quite surprised you're having issues browsing on the Playbook. I haven't had any issues with it.

I'm kinda lost myself because no other wireless device in the office seems to be giving any issues when browsing.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 10:07 pm 

Do you know if the Playbook had the 2.0 update installed?

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 10:31 pm 

No it does not its not mine, the owner didn't install it so I didn't bother to run the update. But didn't 2.0 just release? I would rather not like to think that it was out that long with that issue and its just getting attended to now with the new OS release.

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2012 11:45 pm 

Laptop sold, iPad 2 ordered.