AlienBabelTech Forums
Mod powers - Printable Version

+- AlienBabelTech Forums (http://alienbabeltech.com/forum)
+-- Forum: AlienBabelTech (http://alienbabeltech.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Everything AlienBabelTech (http://alienbabeltech.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=2)
+--- Thread: Mod powers (/showthread.php?tid=839)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

Mod powers - SickBeast - 10-11-2015

Hey Dave I'm wondering what the limitations are on the mod powers you have given us. I did delete a spam post today from the forum. Do you want us to pwn the spammers with a snarky mod edit? I'm also wondering if we can move posts from threads to create a new thread. For example, in the "hmmm...what's going on at AMD" thread, the discussion has completely sidetracked into a discussion about 3DFX. Can we create a new 3DFX thread and then move the relevant posts over there?

Also, can I have a free pass to moderate Rollo just one time?

Thanks for the mod powers Dave it really makes me feel special and like I'm a big part of ABT! Smile

Angel

RE: Mod powers - dmcowen674 - 10-11-2015

No need to do anything with the spammers as 99.9% of the time it's bots or drones.

If posts are moved they mess with the latest posts plugin.

Best thing is to just change the name of the thread to reflect what it mainly contains.

Just let Rollo be. It's part of the open forum I'm trying to leave running as long as I can.

Every member is a voice in an open forum unlike the Dictatorship Corporate run sites.

Still have to do something for a main page.

RE: Mod powers - SickBeast - 10-11-2015

OK Dave. Smile

For the main page, would there be a way for us all to log into it and post news articles, or even just links to articles with a caption, similar to HardOCP? Also, I think you should bring back the old main page somehow for the repository of articles. It might even be worth taking the time to fix the broken images and such.

I think if you told people that they would get to keep the review samples if they wrote good articles for ABT, you would find that you would have a bunch of people lining up to do it, myself included. We have a group of knowledgeable enthusiasts on here. We just need to get some hardware to review. I don't know if you still have connections in the industry.

RE: Mod powers - dmcowen674 - 10-12-2015

I'll look and see what software OCP is running.

Mark was the one that got the review samples.

RE: Mod powers - BoFox - 10-13-2015

(10-11-2015, 10:15 PM)SickBeast Wrote: OK Dave. Smile

For the main page, would there be a way for us all to log into it and post news articles, or even just links to articles with a caption, similar to HardOCP?  Also, I think you should bring back the old main page somehow for the repository of articles.  It might even be worth taking the time to fix the broken images and such.

I think if you told people that they would get to keep the review samples if they wrote good articles for ABT, you would find that you would have a bunch of people lining up to do it, myself included.  We have a group of knowledgeable enthusiasts on here.  We just need to get some hardware to review.  I don't know if you still have connections in the industry.

Love ya, man, for the spirit of keeping ABT alive.  Yeah, that would be great - or people could just review the stuff that they buy, all at one awesome site that is all-come, free-for-all. 

About editing the title of a thread, just put [EDIT] before the title, if you do edit it.  That way, we'll know.  The forum isn't that serious of an issue to worry about, with so few participants now, but it's cool how you want to rename the title.  I'll do it if you didn't yet.

RE: Mod powers - SickBeast - 11-27-2015

Dave it really doesn't seem fair to me that you took away my mod powers when all I did was complain about Rollo.

RE: Mod powers - SteelCrysis - 11-27-2015

I have no objections to SickBeast being a mod again.

RE: Mod powers - BoFox - 11-27-2015

(11-27-2015, 08:44 AM)SickBeast Wrote: Dave it really doesn't seem fair to me that you took away my mod powers when all I did was complain about Rollo.

Hey, what's the big deal here?   You want to ban Rollo or what?  Delete all of his posts when Rollo accidentally causes you to go on a 'sick' rage?

RE: Mod powers - SickBeast - 11-27-2015

(11-27-2015, 01:29 PM)BoFox Wrote:
(11-27-2015, 08:44 AM)SickBeast Wrote: Dave it really doesn't seem fair to me that you took away my mod powers when all I did was complain about Rollo.

Hey, what's the big deal here?   You want to ban Rollo or what?  Delete all of his posts when Rollo accidentally causes you to go on a 'sick' rage?
How would you feel if Dave took away your mod powers just because you don't like someone?

gstanford should get his mod powers back as well.

RE: Mod powers - RolloTheGreat - 11-27-2015

(11-27-2015, 07:12 PM)SickBeast Wrote:

How would you feel if Dave took away your mod powers just because you don't like someone?

I certainly don't care if those guys are mods and think they should be if they want to be. With Dave as site admin they can't really edit posts or ban anyone, so it's not like they can do anything evil with their mod powers back.

For that matter, I don't even really care much if they do ban me.

I'm loving life, if some guy I've never met (and never will) gets his rocks off banning me from an internet forum it just seems pathetic to me. Kind of like trolling taken to a new level.

If that is how a person needs to feel important/powerful, their life in the real world must be pretty lame.

RE: Mod powers - BoFox - 11-29-2015

That's because you didn't behave as a mod.  Tongue

Mods here aren't really supposed to do anything but purge spammers.   Alien20

RE: Mod powers - SickBeast - 12-01-2015

(11-29-2015, 08:40 AM)BoFox Wrote:

That's because you didn't behave as a mod.  Tongue

Mods here aren't really supposed to do anything but purge spammers.   Alien20

I did my time for that. I lost my mod powers for months. I moderated gstanford *once*.

RE: Mod powers - BoFox - 12-01-2015

Months? Oh please, you were hardly active here for months (like maybe 2 months)! So, that doesn't count! Haha!

RE: Mod powers - SickBeast - 12-02-2015

Dave can we moderate bofox please. He does not know how to behave. Actually if you want, just give me mod powers so I can moderate him one time. Just one time. And then you can take my powers away and I will accept it and move on. I don't even want to moderate Rollo. Only bofox. Please Dave just one time!

RE: Mod powers - ocre - 12-02-2015

I will for ya!!!

Whatcha want me to do to him?

/joking

RE: Mod powers - RolloTheGreat - 12-02-2015

(12-02-2015, 10:25 AM)ocre Wrote: I will for ya!!!

/joking

Sick Beast and GStan seem to have some great desire to win arguments with mod powers.

RE: Mod powers - gstanford - 12-03-2015

(12-02-2015, 05:57 PM)RolloTheGreat Wrote:

/joking

Sick Beast and GStan seem to have some great desire to win arguments with mod powers.

What the hell are you crapping on about, Trollo?!

Does my profile indicate that I have any mod powers?!

Do you see me posting here (or anywhere else) asking for them or the return of them?!

Go smoke your crack-pipe elsewhere!

RE: Mod powers - SickBeast - 12-03-2015

/joking

Ok so here's what I want you to do:

1. Edit his posts and replace them with a picture of a turkey.

2. Change his name to "NoFox".

3. Take away his mod powers.

4. Give him a mod warning and tell him to be nice to SickBeast or he will face further moderation.

5. Take away Dave's mod powers so you can do it again if necessary.

Angel

RE: Mod powers - BoFox - 12-03-2015

[Image: a9c981d7-2c0c-4a43-8568-9469eb8d7c9c.jpg]

[Image: 58987494.jpg]

**runs away back to BTR!!!**

[Image: SICK_STEEN_The_Altered_Beast_Mixtape-front-large.jpg]

Is that really you??

:cry_smile:

RE: Mod powers - RolloTheGreat - 12-03-2015

(12-03-2015, 04:58 AM)gstanford Wrote:

/joking

Do you see me posting here (or anywhere else) asking for them or the return of them?!

You used to say you wanted to ban me a lot when you were a mod, so I think my post is reasonable.

(12-03-2015, 06:22 AM)BoFox Wrote: [Image: SICK_STEEN_The_Altered_Beast_Mixtape-front-large.jpg]

Is that really you??

That beast has been altered.

RE: Mod powers - gstanford - 12-03-2015

(12-03-2015, 07:15 AM)RolloTheGreat Wrote:
(12-03-2015, 04:58 AM)gstanford Wrote:

/joking

You used to say you wanted to ban me a lot when you were a mod, so I think my post is reasonable.

I never actually did, though, did I? (though I happily would have if Dave had allowed me to). There is a difference between words and actions.

RE: Mod powers - SickBeast - 12-06-2015

Unfortunately Dave does not have words or actions on this matter. :(

RE: Mod powers - BoFox - 12-06-2015

Sickbeast, I think you need to first promise to not EVER moderate anybody!!!!!! It's only for purging spammers, and if you aren't active enough here, then what's the point?

Just tell Poppin to pop over here and then we'll prove to him that we're not moderating him in any way at all. Can he be as brave as we are, when we were all at his mercy lying within point-blank range for his trigger ban-finger to accidentally itch itself and blow us to smithereens?

RE: Mod powers - RolloTheGreat - 12-06-2015

(12-06-2015, 09:11 AM)BoFox Wrote: Sickbeast, I think you need to first promise to not EVER moderate anybody!!!!!!  It's only for purging spammers, and if you aren't active enough here, then what's the point?

Just tell Poppin to pop over here and then we'll prove to him that we're not moderating him in any way at all.  Can he be as brave as we are, when we were all at his mercy lying within point-blank range for his trigger ban-finger to accidentally itch itself and blow us to smithereens?

Poppin banned me for saying he should work for health insurance like everyone else instead of stealing Obamacare from honest, hard working folk. :(

He hates people who work for a living.

RE: Mod powers - gstanford - 12-07-2015

(12-06-2015, 07:45 PM)RolloTheGreat Wrote:
(12-06-2015, 09:11 AM)BoFox Wrote: Sickbeast, I think you need to first promise to not EVER moderate anybody!!!!!!  It's only for purging spammers, and if you aren't active enough here, then what's the point?

Just tell Poppin to pop over here and then we'll prove to him that we're not moderating him in any way at all.  Can he be as brave as we are, when we were all at his mercy lying within point-blank range for his trigger ban-finger to accidentally itch itself and blow us to smithereens?

Poppin banned me for saying he should work for health insurance like everyone else instead of stealing Obamacare from honest, hard working folk. :(

You can't steal a service the government provides for you.....

RE: Mod powers - RolloTheGreat - 12-07-2015

(12-07-2015, 08:20 AM)gstanford Wrote:
(12-06-2015, 07:45 PM)RolloTheGreat Wrote:

You can't steal a service the government provides for you.....
Sure you can.

Our country is full of losers collecting government benefits who don't really need them. I met Apoppin three years ago-he was a healthy, articulate individual.

He could easily have gone to work to get health coverage like the rest of us do, but he chose to hang around pretending to be unemployed and collect the government benefit.

RE: Mod powers - RolloTheGreat - 12-07-2015

Note: Apoppin is probably old enough to be on Medicare now, and as such I don't really care what he collects. The safety nets were made for the very old, the very young, and the disabled.

My only problem is people like Apoppin who take advantage of the safety nets like this to avoid going to a traditional job.

RE: Mod powers - gstanford - 12-07-2015

(12-07-2015, 06:34 PM)RolloTheGreat Wrote: Note: Apoppin is probably old enough to be on Medicare now, and as such I don't really care what he collects. The safety nets were made for the very old, the very young, and the disabled.

My only problem is people like Apoppin who take advantage of the safety nets like this to avoid going to a traditional job.

You aren't the government, you don't get to decide their policies. Governments must govern for everyone in a society, not just the privileged and able-bodied.

You aren't a doctor and you don't know what apoppin's state of health was when you met him. You have no right to judge.

RE: Mod powers - SickBeast - 12-07-2015

Well I would post more frequently here but I find the experience...frustrating. You guys know why. There's no point in going into it any more. I have said my piece. Clearly things are not going to change. Unfortunately the troll on here is well fed, you guys are taking really good care of him. It's almost like you worship him even though he's a troll.

RE: Mod powers - RolloTheGreat - 12-08-2015

(12-07-2015, 09:29 PM)SickBeast Wrote:

Well I would post more frequently here but I find the experience...frustrating.  You guys know why.  There's no point in going into it any more.  I have said my piece.  Clearly things are not going to change.  Unfortunately the troll on here is well fed, you guys are taking really good care of him.  It's almost like you worship him even though he's a troll.

I see.

I'm a "troll" because I object to an able bodied guy choosing to have other people support him?

Yeah, it's some weird mystery as to why I wouldn't be on board with that. Dude, polls showed more than half the country didn't want Obamacare to pass, and this is the main reason why.

I know up there in Canada you guys are used laughing it up and saying, "I don't mind paying these high taxes so guys like Apoppin can hang around benchmarking video cards!" but down here, we expect everyone to pay their own way. (unless they have a good reason like old, young, disabled)

We're more like,"Lets see- I earned this working. I can take my family on a skiing weekend, or I can give it to the government and let them give it to a guy pretending to be a journalist. What to do? What to do? I know- I'll go skiing and the guy play acting can go get a real job, and if he feels like sending me some money, I'll go skiing again!".

Nobody would have cared at all about Obamacare if it only helped the people who need it. We all cared because it just increased the ranks of moochers.

RE: Mod powers - SickBeast - 12-08-2015

(12-08-2015, 12:02 AM)RolloTheGreat Wrote:
(12-07-2015, 09:29 PM)SickBeast Wrote:

Well I would post more frequently here but I find the experience...frustrating.  You guys know why.  There's no point in going into it any more.  I have said my piece.  Clearly things are not going to change.  Unfortunately the troll on here is well fed, you guys are taking really good care of him.  It's almost like you worship him even though he's a troll.

I see.

I'm a "troll" because I object to an able bodied guy choosing to have other people support him?

Yeah, it's some weird mystery as to why I wouldn't be on board with that. Dude, polls showed more than half the country didn't want Obamacare to pass, and this is the main reason why.

I know up there in Canada you guys are used laughing it up and saying, "I don't mind paying these high taxes so guys like Apoppin can hang around benchmarking video cards!" but down here, we expect everyone to pay their own way. (unless they have a good reason like old, young, disabled)

We're more like,"Lets see- I earned this working. I can take my family on a skiing weekend, or I can give it to the government and let them give it to a guy pretending to be a journalist. What to do? What to do? I know- I'll go skiing and the guy play acting can go get a real job, and if he feels like sending me some money, I'll go skiing again!".

Nobody would have cared at all about Obamacare if it only helped the people who need it. We all cared because it just increased the ranks of moochers.
You are a troll because you continually pick on one of the nicest people out there.

You are a troll because you have no compassion for people who are less fortunate than you.

You are a troll because you edit people's quotes to make them look like an idiot when in reality they have never said what you have construed.

You are a troll because you give people "fake names" like amoppin or gstifford.

You are a troll because you argue to no end trying to convince everyone that a clearly inferior product is somehow better than everything else.

I'm not sure if I missed anything. That is the gist of it though.

BTW I'm sorry, Rollo, I know that was quite harsh. It's just that there are reasons why we find you to be a big pain on here.

(12-08-2015, 05:31 AM)SickBeast Wrote: You are a troll because you continually pick on one of the nicest people out there.
Apoppin is NOT "nice". He banned all of us, and called us "no life losers". (which is pretty ironic considering the source)

(12-08-2015, 05:31 AM)SickBeast Wrote: You are a troll because you have no compassion for people who are less fortunate than you.
Plenty of compassion for those less fortunate. Don't mind sending in a middle class family income in taxes to do my part. No compassion for the able bodied who scam the system and waste money should have went to the truly needy.

(12-08-2015, 05:31 AM)SickBeast Wrote: You are a troll because you edit people's quotes to make them look like an idiot when in reality they have never said what you have construed.

(12-08-2015, 05:31 AM)SickBeast Wrote: You are a troll because you give people "fake names" like amoppin or gstifford.
Only in response to similar.

(12-08-2015, 05:31 AM)SickBeast Wrote: You are a troll because you argue to no end trying to convince everyone that a clearly inferior product is somehow better than everything else.
If you're talking about XBones, there are some things they are just better at.

(12-08-2015, 05:31 AM)SickBeast Wrote: I'm not sure if I missed anything.  That is the gist of it though.

BTW I'm sorry, Rollo, I know that was quite harsh.  It's just that there are reasons why we find you to be a big pain on here.
That list doesn't exactly make me public enemy number 1......

RE: Mod powers - SickBeast - 12-08-2015

No, not public enemy #1. Just a big pain.

(12-08-2015, 07:00 AM)SickBeast Wrote: No, not public enemy #1.  Just a big pain.

I like your avatar, but that is not where I got the Rollo:

RE: Mod powers - gstanford - 12-08-2015

(12-08-2015, 12:02 AM)RolloTheGreat Wrote: A bunch of crap

Once again, you do not know and did not know the state of apoppin's health when you met him (you can't tell just by looking at somebody). The government does, they assessed him for assistance (through doctors) and granted him assistance.

Your attitude is why crime and violence flourish in the USA. Treat people harshly the way you want to and they resort to crime to get by. That more than anything else is why other countries put decent welfare systems in place, it prevents a lot of crime caused by needless hardship.