Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Welcome to new MyBB Forum for AlienBabelTech
is there anything to put on the main page, other than a contest from 2009.

We can do news feeds and such.

heck, why not some satire articles by steelcrysis. He can reinvent the real story behind news and articles. I mean, anything is better than a contest from 2009 on the main page. ANYTHING!!!!!
I will review stuff if I get to keep the hardware. LMK Dave. I will accept mod powers as well. That was great last time. Smile
(03-08-2015, 04:38 AM)ocre Wrote: is there anything to put on the main page, other than a contest from 2009.

heck, why not some satire articles by steelcrysis. He can reinvent the real story behind news and articles. I mean, anything is better than a contest from 2009 on the main page. ANYTHING!!!!!

Where do you see a contest from 2009 on the main page? The back up was from August 2014 not 2009.
(03-08-2015, 04:58 AM)SickBeast Wrote: I will review stuff if I get to keep the hardware. LMK Dave. I will accept mod powers as well. That was great last time. Smile

It is up to the Manufacturer or Vendor supplying the hardware for review whether it is kept or has to be returned.
(03-08-2015, 05:24 AM)dmcowen674 Wrote:
(03-08-2015, 04:58 AM)SickBeast Wrote: I will review stuff if I get to keep the hardware. LMK Dave. I will accept mod powers as well. That was great last time. Smile

It is up to the Manufacturer or Vendor supplying the hardware for review whether it is kept or has to be returned.
Oh ok. I thought that you always got to keep it, or at least most of the time.
(03-08-2015, 05:21 AM)dmcowen674 Wrote:
(03-08-2015, 04:38 AM)ocre Wrote: is there anything to put on the main page, other than a contest from 2009.  

heck, why not some satire articles by steelcrysis.  He can reinvent the real story behind news and articles.  I mean, anything is better than a contest from 2009 on the main page.  ANYTHING!!!!!

Where do you see a contest from 2009 on the main page? The back up was from August 2014 not 2009.

the main page redirect, ( http://alienbabeltech.com/abt/ ) goes here for me:

http://alienbabeltech.com/main/abt-annou...hw-prizes/

also the ALIENBABEL tech:.com logo at the top of the forum redirects you back to the forum instead of the main page. It used to take us to the main page.

Thanks dave
Oh, that is strange on the re-direct. I'll delete it altogether.

The logo at the top will go to the Forum index.

Down at the bottom left you will see a link to AlienBabelTech.com down there that works next to contact us.

Edit: See where it goes now. Should just go to main page.
Can't post a new topic in General Hardware, I get a 403 forbidden error.

Edit: Here's what I'm trying to post: SSDs Aren't Catching On With PC OEMs
http://www.tomshardware.com/news/ssd-hdd...32153.html
This is short-sighted of them.
Valve hater, Nintendo hater, Microsoft defender, AMD hater, Google Fiber hater, 4K lover, net neutrality lover.
Tried to post another new topic in General Hardware, got the same 403 forbidden error.
Valve hater, Nintendo hater, Microsoft defender, AMD hater, Google Fiber hater, 4K lover, net neutrality lover.
Surprised you guys never noticed you can't copy and paste embedded links.
Was able to post the 2nd topic, the 1st topic still throws 403 forbidden errors at me whenever I try to post it. Strangely, David had no problem posting the link that I'm trying to post in the 1st topic. Even copying his link doesn't work.
Now I can't even post a new topic with this link: http://www.polygon.com/2016/6/23/1202015...kins-valve
I can't post in the Console gaming thread.
Tried again, figured out that it has something to do with the links I'm trying to post.
(09-05-2016, 11:16 PM)SteelCrysis Wrote: Tried again, figured out that it has something to do with the links I'm trying to post.

I copy and paste articles into Notepad and then copy and paste again into the forum.

It is a protection against embedded links which can harbor malware and trojans so it's a good protection.
Oh, OK. But why am I having this issue now?
You must just be running into articles with deep embedded links foe the first time. Change what websites you are getting your source?
Both links are from Neowin.
I cannot preview or post a new topic in Hot Deals & Bargains without getting a 403 Forbidden error.
(06-20-2017, 09:39 PM)SteelCrysis Wrote: I cannot preview or post a new topic in Hot Deals & Bargains without getting a 403 Forbidden error.

Do you have an embedded link in the post?