• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Welcome to new MyBB Forum for AlienBabelTech
Welcome to new MyBB Forum for AlienBabelTech

New install from scratch.
Registration worked for me.
I'm in.
okay. I am signed up

Hurray!!!!!!!!
What's nice about this MyBB so far is no spammers.
Hmmmm...

And the fact that it doesnt appear broken.

That is a plus
(02-10-2015, 12:47 PM)ocre Wrote: Hmmmm...

And the fact that it doesnt appear broken.

That is a plus

This is true.

Did I put enough of the Forum Categories?
yes, i think.

We need the old forum URL to link to this new forum though, dont you think?

Also, is there anyway to have the most recent post list (kinda like the old forum) without having the extra step of having a forum search?
(02-11-2015, 09:54 AM)ocre Wrote: yes, i think.

Also, is there anyway to have the most recent post list (kinda like the old forum) without having the extra step of having a forum search?

I put on the main page Old Forum and New Forum

I'll look and see of there is a Plug in for latest activity for MyBB. Bottom left is a link to Main page. The ABT Logo up top goes back the Index of this Forum.
Ask apoppin about that plugin, he's got it working on BTR.
Valve hater, Nintendo hater, Microsoft defender, AMD hater, Google Fiber hater, 4K lover, net neutrality lover.
(02-11-2015, 10:08 AM)dmcowen674 Wrote:
(02-11-2015, 09:54 AM)ocre Wrote: yes, i think.

I put on the main page Old Forum and New Forum

I'll look and see of there is a Plug in for latest activity for MyBB. Bottom left is a link to Main page. The ABT Logo up top goes back the Index of this Forum.

yeah
but if people go to ABT forum to see if its back up, they will only end up on the broken forum. They will have to go to the front page and notice the new forum. When i go to type in the URL, my browser autofills to the old broken forum. I just think it should redirect to the new forum. Anyone who used to come here will have to search around before the see that their is a new forum and its working. Instead, i think it would be better to just have the orginal URL either link to the new forum or have a message explaining that there is a new forum and how to access it.

old broke forum should be for archive purposes only. People should have to go through the extra step in finding it instead. See, there will be people who go to the abts old forum and think the abt is still broken. They will just leave
[/quote]
if people go to ABT forum to see if its back up, they will only end up on the broken forum. They will have to go to the front page and notice the new forum. When i go to type in the URL, my browser autofills to the old broken forum. I just think it should redirect to the new forum. Anyone who used to come here will have to search around before the see that their is a new forum and its working. Instead, i think it would be better to just have the orginal URL either link to the new forum or have a message explaining that there is a new forum and how to access it.

old broke forum should be for archive purposes only. People should have to go through the extra step in finding it instead. See, there will be people who go to the abts old forum and think the abt is still broken. They will just leave
[/quote]

OK I added a re-direct. Can you tell if it's working?
Is this working?
I've arrived on the new forum (once I learned of its existence).
Adam knew he should have bought a PC but Eve fell for the marketing hype.

Homeopathy is what happened when snake oil salesmen discovered that water is cheaper than snake oil.

The reason they call it the American Dream is because you have to be asleep to believe it. -- George Carlin
(02-14-2015, 08:45 PM)gstanford Wrote: I've arrived on the new forum (once I learned of its existence).

Is the re-direct to this MyBB Forum instead of the old PHP Forum not working?
Can't be. my old bookmark reads

http://alienbabeltech.com/abt/index.php

the new one is

http://alienbabeltech.com/forum/

Homeopathy is what happened when snake oil salesmen discovered that water is cheaper than snake oil.

The reason they call it the American Dream is because you have to be asleep to believe it. -- George Carlin
(02-14-2015, 09:02 PM)gstanford Wrote: Can't be. my old bookmark reads

http://alienbabeltech.com/abt/index.php

the new one is

http://alienbabeltech.com/forum/

OK, I'll delete both re-directs and start fresh.
The new one is nice and simple and logical, don't know that it needs to change, the old one was more convoluted.

yeah, redirect didnt work for me either
Hi guys I'm back! The new forum looks great and it seems to be loading quickly and nicely. Great job, Dave! Hopefully we can get this place going again with some good discussions.
(02-17-2015, 05:21 AM)SickBeast Wrote: Hi guys I'm back! The new forum looks great and it seems to be loading quickly and nicely. Great job, Dave! Hopefully we can get this place going again with some good discussions.

I'm sure hoping this MyBB is more reliable than the PHP was. That PHP was always more complicated and they really made it worse by making incompatible revisions. Also looking for more diverse content.
(02-17-2015, 05:21 AM)SickBeast Wrote: Hopefully we can get this place going again with some good discussions.

Should we keep off topic???
(02-17-2015, 05:38 AM)dmcowen674 Wrote:
(02-17-2015, 05:21 AM)SickBeast Wrote: Hopefully we can get this place going again with some good discussions.

Should we keep off topic???

Yes I think so.

(02-17-2015, 05:30 AM)dmcowen674 Wrote:
(02-17-2015, 05:21 AM)SickBeast Wrote: Hi guys I'm back!  The new forum looks great and it seems to be loading quickly and nicely.  Great job, Dave!  Hopefully we can get this place going again with some good discussions.

I'm sure hoping this MyBB is more reliable than the PHP was. That PHP was always more complicated and they really made it worse by making incompatible revisions. Also looking for more diverse content.

So far this forum software seems much better. We have had a much better experience with it at BTR as well. So far so good. Smile

Hey what about Tapatalk? It would be great if we could have it working with the new forum.
[/quote]

Hey what about Tapatalk? It would be great if we could have it working with the new forum.
[/quote]

See if Tapatalk is working now
Hey what about Tapatalk?  It would be great if we could have it working with the new forum.
[/quote]

[/quote]

Still not working
(02-17-2015, 07:22 AM)SickBeast Wrote: Hey what about Tapatalk?  It would be great if we could have it working with the new forum.

[/quote]

Still not working
[/quote]

What does it do?
========================
I went through the steps and got this:

AlienBabelTech Forums
Let your members know your community is now on Tapatalk
This is a post using tapatalk on my phone.

Sent from my SGH-T399 using Tapatalk 2
It's still not working for me. It won't let me sign in.
Maybe it's trying to go to the old alienbabeltech/abt put in alienbabeltech.com/forum manually.
Ok thanks I will try it tomorrow. My phone is charging.

Also, would you be able to reduce the time that we need to wait between posts? It seems to be 1 minute now but that's way too long IMO.
Changed to 10 seconds
Thanks for reducing the time between posts.
Valve hater, Nintendo hater, Microsoft defender, AMD hater, Google Fiber hater, 4K lover, net neutrality lover.
(02-17-2015, 11:21 AM)SteelCrysis Wrote: Thanks for reducing the time between posts.

The default was 60 seconds.
Tapatalk is working perfectly now. Thanks Dave!
This forum is way faster and works great.

Are there any themes? Has anyone tried them?
Very few themes listed which is fine because less chance of something to break.
Please don't let anyone f up the forum with stupid themes or useless mods.
(02-20-2015, 06:37 AM)SickBeast Wrote: Please don't let anyone f up the forum with stupid themes or useless mods.

The only two Mods live now is the latest post and TapaTalk.
(02-20-2015, 06:51 AM)dmcowen674 Wrote:
(02-20-2015, 06:37 AM)SickBeast Wrote: Please don't let anyone f up the forum with stupid themes or useless mods.

The only two Mods live now is the latest post and TapaTalk.
Very good. This software just seems really buggy. It seems like the less you do to it the better.
[/quote]
Very good. This software just seems really buggy. It seems like the less you do to it the better.
[/quote]

Actually I think less buggy than PHP because a lot is built in that required plugins with PHP.