Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Beware of shilling on Newegg reviews!
Shilling running rampant on Newegg now:

Quote:About Me: I'm a Newegg EggXpert, we aren't paid for these reviews but we do get free review units although in this case it only applied the motherboard, I purchased all of the other components. I'm an engineer who has been designing computers since the 1970s. I specialize in networking and high performance computing.

(from B.R. , a reviewer of this product here:  http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.as...1N83UD9877  - just browse the earliest reviews and see how many of them are "Newegg EggXpert" reviewers)

Way to go, skewing the overall review star ratings of products on Newegg! 

EggXpert reviews are almost ALWAYS 5-star, and reeking of "political-corporate" PR promotion.  Very rarely are they 4-star, and never less than 4-star.

So, Newegg is supporting the whole shilling crapfest, since it actually benefits Newegg's sales. 
Quote:Through the Newegg EggXpert Review Program, Newegg invites its best reviewers, known as EggXperts, to post opinions about new and pre-release products to help their fellow customers make informed buying decisions...

Oh please, Newegg.
What's for sure is that "EggXpert" reviewers do more harm to customers than good.