Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
1-18-2017 Upgraded Forum Software to 1.8.10

1-4-2017 Upgraded Forum Software to 1.8.9

12-13-2016 Upgraded Forum Software to 1.8.8

3-20-2016 Upgraded Forum Software to 1.8.7

Upgraded to 1.87 which came out last week 3-11-2016.

Let me know if you guys see anything not quite right.
I wondered why the forum errored out twice today, as I checked on my way past. Might want to add "forum software" to the thread title so people know what this thread is about.
Adam knew he should have bought a PC but Eve fell for the marketing hype.

Homeopathy is what happened when snake oil salesmen discovered that water is cheaper than snake oil.

The reason they call it the American Dream is because you have to be asleep to believe it. -- George Carlin
Upgrade is quicker than complete full install so I didn't shut the site off which is why you got the error message instead of down for maintenance message.
Old issue with new posts is still persisting, sorry for not mentioning it sooner. When you click on the green arrow to go to the first unread post in a thread, it does that, then drops you down to the bottom of the page.
Valve hater, Nintendo hater, Microsoft defender, AMD hater, Google Fiber hater, 4K lover, net neutrality lover.
(03-20-2016, 09:31 PM)SteelCrysis Wrote: Old issue with new posts is still persisting, sorry for not mentioning it sooner. When you click on the green arrow to go to the first unread post in a thread, it does that, then drops you down to the bottom of the page.

What green arrow?
The green arrows that appear next to threads that have new posts in them.
Valve hater, Nintendo hater, Microsoft defender, AMD hater, Google Fiber hater, 4K lover, net neutrality lover.
I don't see that arrow on my page.
Go to the subforums. They appear to the left of thread titles when those threads have new posts.
I see it now, never noticed it before.

It seems to be more like a go to end of the thread tool.
12-13-2016 Upgraded Forum Software to 1.8.8

Upgraded to 1.8.8 which came out recently.

Let me know if you guys see anything not quite right.
You guys didn't notice anything?
Nothing bad has happened yet.
No one noticed the Google Adsense banner going at the top?

PapaJohns scrolled a Promo code for $8 Pizza we used and it worked Smile
I haven't noticed it. Ghostery isn't even detecting Google Adsense.
Wow, apparently Ghostery works very well.
This doesn't make any sense. Ghostery should be detecting it.
The upgrade seems fine to me. The ad is fine, no issues.

Perhaps after xmas/New year everyone will have more time and start posting again.
I was planning on adding a CMS back to the front end during end of the year vacation but our car broke down in Florida. We are back in Indiana and I am trying to fix it. Lost AC/Heat, lost turn signals, exhaust came apart. While trying to fix the turn signal issue I now l have Air Bag light on and Seat Belt light on with constant bell dinging.

Basically went from everything working to nothing working.
They must have found a bunch of bugs with the 1.8.8 that was released just recently because now 1.8.9 is available.

3 upgrades within 3 weeks

Not sure what is going on but let me know if you see anything up.

What’s added/changed in this version?

This release fixes 22 reported issues causing incorrect functionality of MyBB. Please be aware that not all issues have been fixed in this version in order to provide easy to manage updates.
We’ve decided to publish MyBB 1.8.10 only 3 weeks after the previous release to fix an issue breaking some Javascript-based features that was introduced with MyBB 1.8.9. Please view the 1.8.10 changes on the Docs site for more information about the changes in this version.