Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Apoppin takes credit for TechPowerUp
http://www.babeltechreviews.com/communit...8#pid14388

Apoppin Wrote:TPU reviewed an aftermarket ASUS GTX 1080 Ti.
https://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/ASUS...i_Strix_OC

BTR has definitely had an effect on the way video cards are reviewed. We used to be very lucky to get ten games as a benchmark suite.
--TPU is using 22 games

A problem with that might be:

https://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/NVID...e_GTX_580/

Way back in 2010, long before BTR existed, TPU was benching a lot of games.

Probably a "bit" more accurate to say, "TPU definitely had an effect on the way Apoppin decided to review video cards" as they were known for benching more than most.
(03-16-2017, 12:03 AM)RolloTheGreat Wrote: http://www.babeltechreviews.com/communit...8#pid14388

BTR has definitely had an effect on the way video cards are reviewed. We used to be very lucky to get ten games as a benchmark suite.
--TPU is using 22 games

Probably a "bit" more accurate to say, "TPU definitely had an effect on the way Apoppin decided to review video cards" as they were known for benching more than most.

At the time apoppin was testing at least 25 game titles (cannot show you the exact ABT review since Dave still hasn't repaired the site after all this time), the review you linked only has 13 game titles and the GTX 580 review most certainly wasn't apoppin's first.

You are full of shit, like a clogged toilet as per usual.
Adam knew he should have bought a PC but Eve fell for the marketing hype.

Homeopathy is what happened when snake oil salesmen discovered that water is cheaper than snake oil.

The reason they call it the American Dream is because you have to be asleep to believe it. -- George Carlin
Thanks to the magic of the wayback machine site, I can actually bring you apoppin's GTX 580 review.  No thanks to Dave here.

https://web.archive.org/web/201011122107...n/?p=21778

23 games plus synthetics in that review vs 13 games for TPU.

Homeopathy is what happened when snake oil salesmen discovered that water is cheaper than snake oil.

The reason they call it the American Dream is because you have to be asleep to believe it. -- George Carlin
(03-16-2017, 05:02 AM)gstanford Wrote: At the time apoppin was testing at least 25 game titles (cannot show you the exact ABT review since Dave still hasn't repaired the site after all this time), the review you linked only has 13 game titles and the GTX 580 review most certainly wasn't apoppin's first.

Well speaking of spouting shit.

There was nothing to repair. The host that was insisted on not by me lost their hard drive and didn't have a back up.

The guy that was doing the webmastering and who was supposed to be taking back ups did not do any back ups.

That would be the guy that has copied ABT now exactly that you can't tell the two apart.
I know that Apoppin still has all the images and word press code for all his reviews. He backed up all that he produced. My understanding is that web site backups were your responsibility, not his and the same for choosing servers. I recall a discussion on the old forum about the server changes.

(03-16-2017, 05:31 AM)gstanford Wrote: I know that Apoppin still has all the images and word press code for all his reviews.  He backed up all that he produced.  My understanding is that web site backups were your responsibility, not his and the same for choosing servers.  I recall a discussion on the old forum about the server changes.

Well you understand wrong.

The discussion you are recalling is all one-sided and full of shit.
Blame games aside, broken content isn't generating ABT any traffic. One would think you would want to fix that.

(03-16-2017, 05:39 AM)gstanford Wrote: Blame games aside, broken content isn't generating ABT any traffic.  One would think you would want to fix that.

Like I said that data was lost and the person that made the content flew the coop so what is there to fix?

I am not an editor.
Well, if it were me I'd be paying somebody who knows wordpress to patch the old articles and look into finding a new reviewer, but I'm not webmaster/admin here, you are.

Wow Rollo successfully stirred the pot. Who'da thunk it? Rolleyes
(03-16-2017, 05:46 AM)gstanford Wrote: Well, if it were me I'd be paying somebody who knows wordpress to patch the old articles and look into finding a new reviewer, but I'm not webmaster/admin here, you are.

The past is the past.

I see no reason to dig up old technology.

I am not a Warren Buffet, I spend enough just keeping the web host I have now that has been ironically rock solid since put the site on it.

Do you know someone that is an aspiring reviewer/editor?

If not I'd appreciate it if you don't shit stir especially alternative facts. Thank you
Okay, but I will point out that the server that the website is currently on has never seen the volume of traffic that the old server did pre-crash when ABT is in its hey-day, so, the solidity has yet to be determined (under comparable loads that is) IMO.

And one last thing.  I would be have been taking backups of the site no matter if it were my responsibility or not.  Those reviews and the forums were what made ABT popular and it was foolish to lose it all over a lack of backups let alone arguing about who should have done the backups.

You could possibly try BFG10K for reviews. I don't know that he aspires to be a full-time reviewer/editor like apoppin was, but he is capable of the reviewing. He used to be here and spends time at ArsTechnica now. Here is some of his forum published work from there.

https://arstechnica.com/civis/viewtopic....&t=1359851

Possibilities are out there, you just have to look for them.

(03-16-2017, 05:02 AM)gstanford Wrote:
(03-16-2017, 12:03 AM)RolloTheGreat Wrote: http://www.babeltechreviews.com/communit...8#pid14388

--TPU is using 22 games

At the time apoppin was testing at least 25 game titles (cannot show you the exact ABT review since Dave still hasn't repaired the site after all this time), the review you linked only has 13 game titles and the GTX 580 review most certainly wasn't apoppin's first.

LOL

Sure.

TPU was saying, "Lets copy ABT, this site no one has heard of". Rolleyes

Obviously Apoppin sent you over to fight this battle, armed with the tale of the lost reviews.
Nope, I don't even know if apoppin is even aware of your latest bit of stupidity or not.

Simple fact, apoppin reviews more titles than almost anyone else out there, and has done since he started.

You've got egg on your face as per usual.

This is a sad story all around. ABT had a good advertising contract in place when it went down with no backup. BTR still has not reached the level ABT was at, even after some time and a lot of hard work. I feel really bad for both apoppin and Dave. And I don't think either one of them appreciates people bringing this back up time and time again, like it's some kind of game. I do appreciate finally hearing Dave's side of this. I just really think if you guys have any type of decency you should let sleeping dogs lie. It's bad enough to live though something once, let alone to have to re-live it and think about it again.

With a new editor, ABT does have a chance. Things have been stable. I would also invest in paying someone to restore all the lost articles. There has got to be a way to do it. Even if someone has to copy and paste the text, and re-insert all the images, I'm sure it's possible. It's a heck of a lot faster than writing them from scratch. The hard part is finding the right person to do both jobs. With Dave working full time I can totally understand not being willing or able to take that stuff on. I know how it is. I'm just thankful Dave has maintained the forum here at least. I have been taking time off from ABT because Rollo drives me absolutely crazy, and now ocre is just piling it on whenever Rollo spouts his BS. I have better things to do with my time than to be some creep's punching bag.
(03-16-2017, 06:09 AM)gstanford Wrote: Nope, I don't even know if apoppin is even aware of your latest bit of stupidity or not.

Simple fact, apoppin reviews more titles than almost anyone else out there, and has done since he started.

You've got egg on your face as per usual.
Simple fact: Apoppin has literally else to do but the site.

It is his whole life.

So obviously he can benchmark more games, it is his only job.

That said, I'm actually glad he does and I read his benches. His writing isn't the best, but the benchmarks are top notch and relevant.
At his age I hope to be lucky enough for my hobbies to be my entire life too.

Once again, you have no point (other than acknowledging his benchmarks are top notch).

Maybe you need a hobby other than trying to slander/tear down others online (and failing miserably at it).....

(03-16-2017, 06:21 AM)SickBeast Wrote: This is a sad story all around.  ABT had a good advertising contract in place when it went down with no backup.  BTR still has not reached the level ABT was at, even after some time and a lot of hard work.  I feel really bad for both apoppin and Dave.  And I don't think either one of them appreciates people bringing this back up time and time again, like it's some kind of game.  I do appreciate finally hearing Dave's side of this.  I just really think if you guys have any type of decency you should let sleeping dogs lie.  It's bad enough to live though something once, let alone to have to re-live it and think about it again.

With a new editor, ABT does have a chance.  Things have been stable.  I would also invest in paying someone to restore all the lost articles.  There has got to be a way to do it.  Even if someone has to copy and paste the text, and re-insert all the images, I'm sure it's possible.  It's a heck of a lot faster than writing them from scratch.  The hard part is finding the right person to do both jobs.  With Dave working full time I can totally understand not being willing or able to take that stuff on.  I know how it is.  I'm just thankful Dave has maintained the forum here at least.  I have been taking time off from ABT because Rollo drives me absolutely crazy, and now ocre is just piling it on whenever Rollo spouts his BS.  I have better things to do with my time than to be some creep's punching bag.

Ah. So you're just a great guy unfairly persecuted.

Rolleyes
(03-16-2017, 07:09 AM)gstanford Wrote: At his age I hope to be lucky enough for my hobbies to be my entire life too.

Once again, you have no point (other than acknowledging his benchmarks are top notch).

Maybe you need a hobby other than trying to slander/tear down others online (and failing miserably at it).....

My point is that the other reviewers probably have family responsibilities at least, and jobs more often than not.

I just finished Wolfenstein and Doom, and I fish 2-3 times a week most of the year. That's on top of working full time, tending two properties, parenting. I'm busy enough.
(03-16-2017, 07:09 AM)gstanford Wrote: At his age I hope to be lucky enough for my hobbies to be my entire life too.

BTW, Xbitlabs used to test a lot of games in their reviews back in the day.

Apoppin didn't invent, or even influence, video card reviewing.
(03-16-2017, 06:21 AM)SickBeast Wrote: This is a sad story all around.  ABT had a good advertising contract in place when it went down with no backup.  BTR still has not reached the level ABT was at, even after some time and a lot of hard work.  I feel really bad for both apoppin and Dave.  And I don't think either one of them appreciates people bringing this back up time and time again, like it's some kind of game.  I do appreciate finally hearing Dave's side of this.  I just really think if you guys have any type of decency you should let sleeping dogs lie.  It's bad enough to live though something once, let alone to have to re-live it and think about it again.

With a new editor, ABT does have a chance.  Things have been stable.  I would also invest in paying someone to restore all the lost articles.  There has got to be a way to do it.  Even if someone has to copy and paste the text, and re-insert all the images, I'm sure it's possible.  It's a heck of a lot faster than writing them from scratch.  The hard part is finding the right person to do both jobs.  With Dave working full time I can totally understand not being willing or able to take that stuff on.  I know how it is.  I'm just thankful Dave has maintained the forum here at least.  I have been taking time off from ABT because Rollo drives me absolutely crazy, and now ocre is just piling it on whenever Rollo spouts his BS.  I have better things to do with my time than to be some creep's punching bag.

You do realize this is the key to all of the ABT betrayal, right?

Apoppin was a few years from being able to collect on social security and unemployed. He realized that he could make it to social security and retirement if he had all the ad money instead of half.

Dave's story about Apoppin being the one responsible for the backups and supposedly not doing them is the "reason" for Apoppin's betrayal:

"I was supposed to do the back ups? No -YOU were supposed to do the backups! I have no choice but to leave and take all of the ad contract with me!"

Rolleyes

It's the world's smallest partnership dissolution, all done so Apoppin could work full time for less than minimum wage and no benefits.

His "retirement" may look great to you GStan, but I've done what he is doing (minus the paraphrasing the press kits) and it is no less work than what you do at the service center.

Do you honestly think Apoppin likes running benchmarks on 25 games with 4 video cards at multiple resolutions? ROFLMAO

If that's my "retirement" I'll weep daily. I used to run benches for 6-7 games with one card and it isn't all that much fun. What he does would be monotony on the order of flipping burgers at Mickey Ds.

It is a lot of fun to get the inside track on parts and get the parts early, and it's even fun to go to the first few trade shows and launches. After that it's a job like any other, but the difference is Apoppin barely makes grocery money for it.

The guys with big sites that sell out for millions, I get it. Apoppin will never be one of those, he's just a guy grinding out a ton of work and calling it his "hobby" and the business trips his "vacations". It's not life to be envied GStan, retirement should be about relaxing.
https://www.grapheine.com/bombaytv/illus...1e0b6.html

ROFLMAO
Ah nice, I can no longer watch Rollo's videos because I need to install the flash player. Not doing it! Rolleyes
(03-16-2017, 05:49 PM)RolloTheGreat Wrote:

You do realize this is the key to all of the ABT betrayal, right?

Apoppin was a few years from being able to collect on social security and unemployed. He realized that he could make it to social security and retirement if he had all the ad money instead of half.

Dave's story about Apoppin being the one responsible for the backups and supposedly not doing them is the "reason" for Apoppin's betrayal:

"I was supposed to do the back ups? No -YOU were supposed to do the backups! I have no choice but to leave and take all of the ad contract with me!"

Rolleyes

It's the world's smallest partnership dissolution, all done so Apoppin could work full time for less than minimum wage and no benefits.

His "retirement" may look great to you GStan, but I've done what he is doing (minus the paraphrasing the press kits) and it is no less work than what you do at the service center.

Do you honestly think Apoppin likes running benchmarks on 25 games with 4 video cards at multiple resolutions? ROFLMAO

If that's my "retirement" I'll weep daily. I used to run benches for 6-7 games with one card and it isn't all that much fun. What he does would be monotony on the order of flipping burgers at Mickey Ds.

It is a lot of fun to get the inside track on parts and get the parts early, and it's even fun to go to the first few trade shows and launches. After that it's a job like any other, but the difference is Apoppin barely makes grocery money for it.

The guys with big sites that sell out for millions, I get it. Apoppin will never be one of those, he's just a guy grinding out a ton of work and calling it his "hobby" and the business trips his "vacations". It's not  life to be envied GStan, retirement should be about relaxing.

You're a fucking idiot! Since when did I say that apoppin's hobbies were my hobbies?! I said that when I get to his age that I hope ***MY**** hobbies are my life also.

(03-17-2017, 05:31 AM)gstanford Wrote: You're a fucking idiot!  Since when did I say that apoppin's hobbies were my hobbies?!  I said that when I get to his age that I hope ***MY**** hobbies are my life also.

So Albert GStein,  where exactly in what you quoted did I say Apoppin's hobbies were your hobbies?

Oh yeah I didn't. Not at all.

You said that you hope you have time for your hobbies like Apoppin when you retire. I said Apoppin's "hobby" is more a "job" and as such you shouldn't be hoping for an Apoppin like retirement. (working)

Now do you understand Albert GStein? Cruise_zaps_oprah
If apoppin is happy to work even at retirement age at a task he likes who the fuck are you to criticize his decision?!

Some people like to work past regular retirement age. heck look at the fossils that present the Jim Lehrer News Hour and the washinton press reporter lady who is well into her 80's!

We can't all lie on the beach in Hawaii all day long wiping our arse with $100 bills you know.

Next up we will see Rollo slandering Mick jagger and other musicians of his era for daring to keep working and enjoy it instead of going and enjoying their retirement like they ought to!

ROFLMAO  Hit_head Joint

https://www.grapheine.com/bombaytv/illus...e131b.html

Honestly sickbeast, you seem confused. The difference in me, I am not a person who falls naturally into group/mob mentality. I am completely resistant to the pressure from others that try desperately to force their way of thinking to no end. I dont consistently need confirmation or approval to feel like I am somebody. And I dont need to adopt the opinions of others, I have my own free thinking brain. Free from fear of rejections and insecurities which are precursors to hate.

Everyone has flaws and no one is perfect. Something I am sure you could say yourself. But if you truly understand that, the ramifications would be forefront and natural.

Why is it a problem that I have my own opinion? Now wait wait..
I am asking you this question and want you to think of about it, outside of this rollo box you have put me in.

Isnt it natural now for you to lump me in that box? Do you understand why that is natural for you? I mean, you would have to really think about this. This is a trait most people have learned and adopted so deeply that it comes natural to many. Heck, probably should say most. Its actually wide spread, this terrible and destructive trait we have been passing down from generation to generation. Maybe you will get it, maybe you wont. Most people arent able to see deep into what drives them and where it comes from, so dont take it personally.

Sickbeast, I am not a backer of anyone. I join in conversations with my opinion and my view. When people go after another, non stop, they are often looking for things to fuss and argue about. Usually when a person is looking for trouble, they can find something..often times its not logical or right.

When I post actual evidence and studies of something, that is just facts. If they line up wit what rollo is saying, they line up. Perhaps facts should be relevant, even if you choose to hate or despise rollo.

A lot of the arguments are petty. I am not in rollo's box, I will disagree without hesitation and have many times. But I dont get emotional or feel hurt if someone disagrees with me. I talk about the subject, no matter who is posting. I focus on what is said not who says it.

I have no problem disagreeing with you, rollo, gstanford, dave or anyone. Likewise, I have no problem or reluctance to agree with you, rollo, gstanford, dave or anyone. When I post, it is how I feel about that subject. Not how I feel about the person who wrote the post.

And I am telling you sickbeast, I feel like you are so bitter towards rollo that you could never post or agree with anything he says. It's either you are that blinded by emotions or that your adoption of group/mob mentality is so strong that you cant agree out loud with anything he says.

It's truly mind blowing to me, how mankind has grown such huge brains but poses the ability to throw away independent thinking and become totally unaware.

Sickbeast, you put me in a rollo box because I didnt join your bash rollo club
(03-19-2017, 01:08 AM)ocre Wrote:

Honestly sickbeast, you seem confused.  The difference in me, I am not a person who falls naturally into group/mob mentality. I am completely resistant to the pressure from others that try desperately to force their way of thinking to no end.  I dont consistently need confirmation or approval to feel like I am somebody.  And I dont need to adopt the opinions of others, I have my own free thinking brain.  Free from fear of rejections and insecurities which are precursors to hate.

Everyone has flaws and no one is perfect. Something I am sure you could say yourself.  But if you truly understand that, the ramifications would be forefront and natural.  

Why is it a problem that I have my own opinion? Now wait wait..
I am asking you this question and want you to think of about it, outside of this rollo box you have put me in.

Isnt it natural now for you to lump me in that box?  Do you understand why that is natural for you? I mean, you would have to really think about this. This is a trait most people have learned and adopted so deeply that it comes natural to many.   Heck, probably should say most. Its actually wide spread, this terrible and destructive trait we have been passing down from generation to generation. Maybe you will get it, maybe you wont.  Most people arent able to see deep into what drives them and where it comes from, so dont take it personally.

Sickbeast, I am not a backer of anyone.  I join in conversations with my opinion and my view.  When people go after another, non stop, they are often looking for things to fuss and argue about.  Usually when a person is looking for trouble, they can find something..often times its not logical or right.

When I post actual evidence and studies of something, that is just facts.  If they line up wit what rollo is saying, they line up.  Perhaps facts should be relevant, even if you choose to hate or despise rollo.

A lot of the arguments are petty.  I am not in rollo's box, I will disagree without hesitation and have many times.  But I dont get emotional or feel hurt if someone disagrees with me.  I talk about the subject, no matter who is posting.  I focus on what is said not who says it.  

I have no problem disagreeing with you, rollo, gstanford, dave or anyone.  Likewise, I have no problem or reluctance to agree with you, rollo, gstanford, dave or anyone.  When I post, it is how I feel about that subject.  Not how I feel about the person who wrote the post.

And I am telling you sickbeast, I feel like you are so bitter towards rollo that you could never post or agree with anything he says.  It's either you are that blinded by emotions or that your adoption of group/mob mentality is so strong that you cant agree out loud with anything he says.

It's truly mind blowing to me, how mankind has grown such huge brains but poses the ability to throw away independent thinking and become totally unaware.  

Sickbeast, you put me in a rollo box because I didnt join your bash rollo club

You know what, ocre, I appreciate your post. You are correct in stating that I am bitter about Rollo. Perhaps you fail to realize all the harm he has caused. He pretty much non stop personally attacks me on here, often unprovoked. He also continuously goes after apoppin because he has some sort of grudge against him that goes back for years and years, probably since their days at the ATF forum. Then there is the constant bickering with gstanford and the chronic manipulation.

So please excuse me if I have chosen to remove myself from that source of constant abuse that quite frankly I don't have the time for in my life. I choose to surround myself people that are good, honest, kind, caring, respectful, and compassionate. Unfortunately for me when it comes to Rollo, he has rarely shown those qualities. From him I tend to see a lot of hate and negativity. Like I said, I really don't have time for it. It's not just me, either, he has been banned from pretty much every forum out there and he's only able to access those forums now because he's on some sort of VPN and he's posting under different aliases. He has even admitted that he currently posts on ATF.

There is also the fact that I did receive a death threat some time ago, which quite possibly could have come from Rollo. That's really where I draw the line. I come on here for fun and to have interesting discussions with you guys. Not for stuff like that. Then there are the comments about my profession and whatnot. The comments about apoppin's education level. The constant "shit disturbing", whether it's about a PS4 or about Dave and ABT. I just don't have time for it.

So that's it in a nutshell. You can say that I'm following the herd mentality or being manipulated or whatever. But at the end of the day I'm doing what's right for me and what's going to be the best thing for me. I will miss chatting with you guys on here but I left ABT for the most part some time ago and I don't regret it. I may pop in from time to time. But I'm just letting you know that I am largely leaving this forum.
ROFLMAO

LOL The Sickbeast rises to the occasion to spew some hate, and make Ocre's point.

SB, you and GStan love to talk about how I used to get banned a lot. You conveniently "forget" the sites had rival advertisers pressuring them to ban me, paid attack people baiting me and pressuring mods to ban me, run of the mill fanboys trying to help them, and some of the sites themselves saying I couldn't post there if I didn't pay advertiser fees.

Me getting banned as a NVIDIA associate is a very different situation than you have ever faced.

Was never banned before I was in the NVIDIA Focus Group, haven't been banned since. (except by Apoppin) Rolleyes

You also conveniently "forget" that if I re-registered as Rollo that in and of itself is a ban worthy offense.

I've never made a "death threat" against you or anyone else.

Ocre pretty much nailed it, your hatred blinds you to see anyone else's position but your own.
Where did Keysplayr ever get banned from? He was also in the focus group. I seem to remember you making Nazi references when you were on ATF at one point. IMO it's more that type of behavior that got you into trouble and it continues to this day. Sure, the fact that you were some type of covert marketing agent that didn't disclose their affiliation didn't help matters for you. At the end of the day, however, that's not the only reason all those places banned you.
(03-20-2017, 03:49 AM)SickBeast Wrote: Where did Keysplayr ever get banned from?  He was also in the focus group.  I seem to remember you making Nazi references when you were on ATF at one point.  IMO it's more that type of behavior that got you into trouble and it continues to this day.  Sure, the fact that you were some type of covert marketing agent that didn't disclose their affiliation didn't help matters for you.  At the end of the day, however, that's not the only reason all those places banned you.

A. Keysplayr only posted on AT. I posted EVERYWHERE, recruited members, and pretty much used my insider knowledge to win arguments with everyone. (not to mention my own skills)

B. I was not only never banned before or since I was in the NVIDIA Focus Group, I was also never banned when I was in it covertly.

You just don't get it, but I suppose you have no way to get it, sort of outside your reality.

Like I said, I've always posted on tech, automotive, hunting, fishing, and sports forums. Did before NVIDIA, still do now. Didn't get banned then, don't now.

Your argument of "It's not just me, these websites banned him too!" is a logical fallacy as well. (argumentum ad populum) I'd think as a teacher with a masters degree you might have some knowledge of such things, or even if not, an intuitive understanding of the concept.

Yet here you are: Defending your fallacious argument by doubling down on it.

It's OK with me. I don't particularly care what you think of me. I'm pretty happy with how life turned out. Smile
So Rollo explain it then. Why did all those places ban you? Did they not give you a reason?
I managed to find this at ATF:

Quote: If I'm not mistaken, Rollo wasn't just banned for being AEG, but for his personality - which seems to be what some people have a love/hate relationship with.

That's what I'm talking about. The Nazi references. The relentless personal attacks. The mockery. The belittlement of others you don't agree with. It's just too much. You're not going to change though, I realize that much. Which is why I have chosen to more or less stay away from you.

It's too bad because when you are calm you can actually be quite reasonable to discuss things with. When you go off the rails though it's like hell in a handbasket, though. And I just don't have time for it.
(03-20-2017, 06:11 AM)SickBeast Wrote: So Rollo explain it then.  Why did all those places ban you?  Did they not give you a reason?

Depended on the place.

Some due to pressure from AMD/ATi directly. (I was friends with mods and admins on a lot of sites, have it straight from them)

Some due to pressure the AMD Advocates and fan boys put on the mods, relentlessly. I had them follow me all over the net, because it served their employer.

Some banned me when I said I wouldn't pay advertiser fees. (not like I had an expense account to do so)

I'll grant you I mocked and ridiculed some of the fan boys and attack dogs, but only in response to personal attacks. Not my fault they weren't intellectually equipped to deal with someone like me. They probably shouldn't have engaged me if they didn't want their feelings hurt.
I have to say it's interesting to hear your side of it, Rollo. And I do appreciate what ocre said. I will say it again to you, when you're calm you are actually a lot of fun to discuss things with. You're like a freight train on poorly maintained tracks, that's the best way I can describe it for you. A shiny, powerful, and fast freight train. Super intelligent. Very knowledgeable. Great to discuss things with. However when you hit a rough spot on the tracks you derail and then we see your dark side. We all have a dark side. I'm not claiming to be perfect and I know I have definitely said some things that I could have put differently. My custom title at ABT is an example. It was done as a joke. Anyhow that's the point I'm making. And I don't want to flog a dead horse. I'm not trying to act like I'm up on my high horse, either. I know I'm not perfect. I don't expect others to be perfect, either, far from it. My big thing with people and mistakes is that mistakes are fine so long as you learn from them. So in your case I'm going to try to handle you differently on here. Perhaps you can look inward and do the same.
Hey guys remember the reason I started ABT long before Apoppin came along?

Free speech reigns here was the Motto

Freespeech

People (ie Mods) banning people all over the place and telling people what they can and can't say or write.

I got banned for something stupid on AT.

So for 3 weeks I worked on setting up my own site and ABT was born.
Trollo - "super intelligent", "very knowlegable", "great to discuss things with"

ROFLMAO

(03-20-2017, 08:52 AM)dmcowen674 Wrote: Hey guys remember the reason I stated ABT long before Apoppin came along?

Free speech reigns here was the Motto

People (ie Mods) banning people all over the place and telling people what they can and can't say or write.

I got banned for something stupid on AT.

So for 3 weeks I worked on setting up my own site and ABT was born.

I had never heard of ABT prior to apoppin asking me to come here. Free speech is good.