Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fox News Fires Bill O'Reilly
Fox News Fires Bill O'Reilly
[url=https://www.yahoo.com/tv/fox-news-fires-bill-oreilly-amid-sexual-harassment-storm-183851947.html][/url]
4-19-2017

Fox News Fires Bill O’Reilly Amid Sexual Harassment Storm

The decision to turn O’Reilly loose appears to have been made between Tuesday and Wednesday by the Murdochs, the family who control the operations of Fox News parent 21st Century Fox.

O’Reilly has been enmeshed in controversy since the start of this month after The New York Times reported that five women have received payments coming to about $13 million in exchange for agreeing not to pursue litigation or speak about accusations.

The anchor’s departure may solve one problem, but it will raise another. “The O’Reilly Factor” is the linchpin of the Fox News primetime lineup, and has delivered between 3 million and 4 million viewers each night. A new anchor might not generate that type of viewership, leaving Fox News to find new ways to meet ratings guarantees it has made to advertisers. The network will also want to determine how to maintain audience consistency for the rest of its lineup, which includes Tucker Carlson and Sean Hannity.
Missed emotions for me, Bill and his brother came to my rescue back in 2002 when I was politically attacked.
While I'm glad he helped you, I have to say I welcome anything that undermines the Murdoch's. They act like they are royalty or rulers of various countries and I can't wait for the day when Rupert is dead and buried.
Adam knew he should have bought a PC but Eve fell for the marketing hype.

Homeopathy is what happened when snake oil salesmen discovered that water is cheaper than snake oil.

The reason they call it the American Dream is because you have to be asleep to believe it. -- George Carlin
Bill was the first to call it a "Witch Hunt".