Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Corona Virus Pandemic of 2020
Corona Virus Pandemic of 2020
<p>3-6-2020 Now surrounded by confirmed Corona Virus patients here in Indianapolis.</p><p><br></p><p>People that traveled to places with outbreaks such as Seattle and Italy.</p><p><br></p><p>Just great<br></p>
<p>Students have tested positive for Corona Virus here in the schools so now they are shutting down the schools.<br></p>
<p>Oil $30 and falling still. <br></p>
<p>How is everyone doing? <br></p>
We are healthy and happy, though getting around at the moment is a pain and the Online Access Centre has been forced to shut temporarily. Fortunately the staff are eligible for a JobKeeper subsidy that covers 80% of their wages while we are closed.
Adam knew he should have bought a PC but Eve fell for the marketing hype.

Homeopathy is what happened when snake oil salesmen discovered that water is cheaper than snake oil.

The reason they call it the American Dream is because you have to be asleep to believe it. -- George Carlin
<p>On full lock down here since middle of March and was extended to April 30th. I have papers to travel to work. Busier than ever since took over Sprint now officially.<br></p>
All well here, staying home a lot more.

I've worked from home for years, business as usual for me.
<p>Everyone good here.</p><p><br></p><p>I work in distribution and the wife works IT so she's extra busy working with abnormally high remote workforce and my work is........ the zombie apocalypse. It is utterly insane right now. There are only so many loading docks on warehouses- we simply can't move enough product fast enough. Got to the point where they just gave my department a literal blank check for labor and told me everyone is now allowed to work 168 hours a week(even salaried positions are currently being paid "time and a half" over 40 hours and getting an extra couple hundred bucks a week bonus)- but it doesn't change the physical realities of our dimension(we are up ~100-140% YoY so nobody is angry with us).</p><p><br></p><p>Stores that are closed should be raring to go when they reopen which I hope is near, maybe they can stop spending all their money at my locations(all of which are essential so still open).</p><p><br></p><p>Also, those that can, try and do what you can to keep the local businesses and their employees out of the poor house. Ordering out way more than normal to try and make sure these people aren't starving. A lot of people who normally do this can't afford to right now, so those of us that can please try and help those that can still work but may be facing dire financial straits anyway. Also, building a chunk of cash to go blow at some places of business when they reopen as well.</p>
https://www.techpowerup.com/266043/nvidi...f-covid-19
Quote:In a letter addressed to employees, NVIDIA CEO Jen Hsun Huang promised that the COVID-19 crisis will not cause job-losses anywhere along the company's regular payroll. Instead, the company will expedite pay-raises, the CEO's letter reads. Jen Hsun stressed the importance for NVIDIA's 13,775-strong workforce to remain home and safe. The letter comes in the wake of industry-wide fears of job losses, which NVIDIA's workforce isn't immune from.
You know where the pay raises really came from, right?

Not from Jensen's generosity but from price gouging consumers with Pascal and Turing video cards, that where!

Little wonder Jensen can afford pay raises for all employees!

Finger
Adam knew he should have bought a PC but Eve fell for the marketing hype.

Homeopathy is what happened when snake oil salesmen discovered that water is cheaper than snake oil.

The reason they call it the American Dream is because you have to be asleep to believe it. -- George Carlin
Wow, a lot more employees than I thought.
Slowly re-opening here in Indiana, most of the state opening May 4th. Indianapolis lock down extended till May 14th, hopefully that will be the end of that then.
https://www.tomshardware.com/news/comput...me-in-2021
Quote:As the Coronavirus spread and started to clearly become a pandemic, many tech shows were being canceled. However, TAITRA wasn't giving much clarity about Computex, and with the proposed date edging ever closer many vendors were left asking for clarity. The show was consequently moved to September the next day. However, Computex 2020 has now been canceled.
(05-02-2020, 01:54 AM)dmcowen674 Wrote: Slowly re-opening here in Indiana, most of the state opening May 4th. Indianapolis lock down extended till May 14th, hopefully that will be the end of that then.

Republican Governor Holcomb opened the state this past Friday June 12th but the Democrat Mayor Hogsett is keeping the City of Indianapolis locked down till at least next Friday June 19th.
We're open in WI with some stores making people wear masks.

I'm supposed to be at Niagara Falls at the Sheraton right in front of the Falls this week, but the Canadian border is closed to non essential travel.

So I'm in Northern WI at a cabin on a lake.

Pretty tired of the Covid.