Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Microsoft Is Bringing Xbox Live to Windows 10
http://www.maximumpc.com/gdc_2015_xbox_l...windows_10
Don't expect a repeat of Games for Windows Live. Unlike that, Xbox Live managed to establish itself in the console space when it had no competition, and has had any issues worked out. It's not going to be dislodged by Steam. What's more, this opens up the path for Halo to return to the PC, so Steam fanboys wishing for Halo on Steam are going to be disappointed.
Valve hater, Nintendo hater, Microsoft defender, AMD hater, Google Fiber hater, 4K lover, net neutrality lover.
will it be cross platform?
If you mean "will it come to Windows 7 or 8.1?" no. If you mean "will it be a port of code?" no, it will be original code.
Valve hater, Nintendo hater, Microsoft defender, AMD hater, Google Fiber hater, 4K lover, net neutrality lover.
i mean, can windows game owners play online games with xbox ONE gamers in a cross platform multiplayer. If not, why is it being called xbox live?
I doubt it, as the few times this has been tried, PC gamers enjoyed a big advantage due to the precision of the mouse. But the good news is that for the first year after launch, Windows 10 will be a free upgrade for those using Windows 7 and above.
I think all that was a myth. Not the real reason why.
See, take two the devolpers of borderlands (take two) put a strong effort in making their games cross platform multiplayer. And they met much resistance.

M$ wanted to force people to buy the xbox copy just to play with their xbox friends and not be able to get away with buying another version. It was to lock them in.
Xbox Live for Windows 10 will be free, console peasants are outraged: http://www.pcworld.com/article/2893767/p...rious.html
Just imagine how enraged they'd be if they learned that Valve gave Debian devs every Steam game and in the future for free.