Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Finally Got Banned From BTR
Shame.  The site would have been fine if not for apoppin.
Valve hater, Nintendo hater, Microsoft defender, AMD hater, Google Fiber hater, 4K lover, net neutrality lover.
Perhaps you can learn from this.
You'll learn to not troll ABT when David runs out of patience with you.
Valve hater, Nintendo hater, Microsoft defender, AMD hater, Google Fiber hater, 4K lover, net neutrality lover.
I'm not trolling. You are the troll. Dave will know what to do about you.
Of course he will. I know all about that.
is the btr forum even active? It had like 4 members and apoppin banned one of them. Thats kind of why i didnt join there. first off, he was trying to pretend there was a neutral mod he couldnt name, i felt like he was lying about that. I dont even know if i was right but.........

is apoppin the secret mod himself?

you think that a guy that made such a fuss about AMD having secret stealth force would be one of superior honer and integrity. That he of all people wouldnt try to misled members by being the secret mod himself.

If my assumption was wrong, i apologize.

But if i am right then why would anyone want to be over there when he dictates and controls with such a high and mighty stance? He is extremely opinionated and full of ego. That would be fine if he wasnt in total control. Cause no one stands a chance there unless they 100% praise and agree with 100% of every single thing he says. Pretty much worship him or your not welcome.

Its a shame cause i like his work. Just dont ever disagree with him
(03-07-2015, 09:15 AM)ocre Wrote: is the btr forum even active?  It had like 4 members and apoppin banned one of them.  Thats kind of why i didnt join there.  first off, he was trying to pretend there was a neutral mod he couldnt name, i felt like he was lying about that.  I dont even know if i was right but.........

is apoppin the secret mod himself?  

you think that a guy that made such a fuss about AMD having secret stealth force would be one of superior honer and integrity.  That he of all people wouldnt try to misled members by being the secret mod himself.

If my assumption was wrong, i apologize.

But if i am right then why would anyone want to be over there when he dictates and controls with such a high and mighty stance? He is extremely opinionated and full of ego.  That would be fine if he wasnt in total control.  Cause no one stands a chance there unless they 100% praise and agree with 100% of every single thing he says.  Pretty much worship him or your not welcome.

Its a shame cause i like his work.  Just dont ever disagree with him
1) Only if you compare it to this site, and that will change with my posting rate here.  Technically, there have been 2 banned members of BTR, myself and Rollo.
2) Yep, he slipped up and revealed something about the mod's personality that only the secret mod should have known.
3) Yep, so much integrity that when I offered to let him give me the benefit of the doubt on the Fractal Design/TechReport issue and edit them myself if he could give an alternative explanation, he fucking turned me down, edited my posts, and called me a libeler.
4) That describes BTR perfectly.  Suck up to apoppin, or get purged.
Apoppin has his idiosyncrasies, we all do. I find him reasonably easy to get along with and yet still have my say.

Anyway ABT and BTR really need to forget the recent past and focus on recapturing the success that ABT was beginning to enjoy.

I don't see either site prospering while separated, the founders need to sit down and hammer out a new agreement that works for all and allows ABT to succeed again.

just my 2 cents.
Adam knew he should have bought a PC but Eve fell for the marketing hype.

Homeopathy is what happened when snake oil salesmen discovered that water is cheaper than snake oil.

The reason they call it the American Dream is because you have to be asleep to believe it. -- George Carlin
he encourages different points of view and say he is starting the forums of the future. The truth is your POV is only accepted if it is his too and the forums of the future.....well it must be completely under his control.

You might get away with saying something he doesnt agree with but he will have the last word, that is for sure. Cause in the end, he has to feel like he was right and you bow down. If you dont, or even worse..........prove him wrong, he goes all out war path rage on you. If he has total contol over the forum, then all it can be is an echo chamber for his beliefs. And one where everyone must praise him unconditionally. That is all it can ever be.

So yeah, grstan. As long as you two are in agreement, like perhaps the 970 ram issue, its all good.

As long as you let him bully your ideas when he dont agree with you........you must give him the last word when you are not in alignment. Things will be smooth.

I think that there are enough things you two do agree on that you will be fine for awhile. I hope you guys get along perfectly for as long as you can. Me, though. I dont have a problem with his ideas at all. I just am not gonna be treated like he treated me. Thats all there is to it.

I dont want to be in his world cause deep down he is very bitter and quick to lash out. I have a love for technology, that we all share. But i am not his dog, nor was in his home. The ABT was our place, not his. The BTR, it is all him. And i already know how he thinks. I actually find the fact that he lied about a secret mod pathetic and completely unacceptable. This is borderline psycho, i mean...........who does that?
Apoppin wants BTR to be "serious" and doesn't want to tolerate nonsense in the forums.

imo he is walking down the wrong path there and he knows it is a flawed path, he (like me) has criticised Beyond3D for this sort of forum control in the past.

But, lack of growth of BTR is probably what it will take for him to see/admit the approach is wrong.

Homeopathy is what happened when snake oil salesmen discovered that water is cheaper than snake oil.

The reason they call it the American Dream is because you have to be asleep to believe it. -- George Carlin
Well apparently the traffic at btr is way up.
Not wanting to be rude to apoppin or BTR, but, you could have fooled me.

BTR's traffic is a pale shadow of ABT's and ABT's traffic isn't exactly setting the world on fire at the moment.

Maybe apoppin needs to close the BTR forums and just concentrate on the reviews with a commenting system attached to them, he doesn't appear to want the distraction and ABT's forum would begin to grow again without uncertainty on the part of potential posters as to which site to post on.

Either way I do agree with apoppin about SteelCrysis and the way he distorts news and imposes his own agenda upon it.

Perhaps Dave could create an "Opinionated news" subforum and posts/threads purporting to be news that don't accurately reflect what the linked article is reporting can be placed there for people to look at should they choose to do so.

(03-07-2015, 08:53 PM)gstanford Wrote: Not wanting to be rude to apoppin or BTR, but, you could have fooled me.

BTR's traffic is a pale shadow of ABT's and ABT's traffic isn't exactly setting the world on fire at the moment.

Maybe apoppin needs to close the BTR forums and just concentrate on the reviews with a commenting system attached to them, he doesn't appear to want the distraction and ABT's forum would begin to grow again without uncertainty on the part of potential posters as to which site to post on.

Either way I do agree with apoppin about SteelCrysis and the way he distorts news and imposes his own agenda upon it.

Perhaps Dave could create an "Opinionated news" subforum and posts/threads purporting to be news that don't accurately reflect what the linked article is reporting can be placed there fir people to look at should they choose to do so.

BTR is just starting up. The traffic doubling from one month to the next is a very good sign IMO.

I hope Mark does not close the forum over there. I think he's done a great job so far. It's a shame that more of you guys didn't make it over there.
Well you can't blame me for not supporting him at BTR, I've done my bit and more.

I just wish that bofox and Ocre would make amends with apoppin.
sickbeast, you cant so much as disagree with him without him getting vicious. He loves to be the one to set the record straight and is very very prideful. Those traits are not bad and actually make for great entertainment but when he is the complete dictator at a site he totally and completely controls. A site censored to his personal taste and views, who would want to be part of that?

Besides, just look it how his overbearing nature has effected you guys. So much that gstanford even post over here with fear something he says might rub apoppin the wrong way

(03-07-2015, 08:53 PM)gstanford Wrote: Not wanting to be rude to apoppin or BTR, but, you could have fooled me.

the level of suppression is sad really.

Everything i have said is how i feel, if you want to know, re read the old forum. I never posted out of hate and i dont have strong negative feelings towards apoppin personally. I actually believe he is in a dark hole he dug for himself and i would love to see him find his way out. The things he said towards us are a reflection, i am sure. But as long as he is so bitter and ready to pounce, why go to his place where your are completely handcuffed. Not only that, you have to smile and laugh at all his jokes, you cannot disagree with him unless your willing to get slapped down and take it like a whimpering dog.

I am just a little too opinionated for that tar pit trap. I have my own views and dont want to be in some crazy debate that empowers him when he bans me or edits what i say. I just dont have time for that.

grstanford, you are exactly right when you said this,

Quote:imo he is walking down the wrong path there and he knows it is a flawed path, he (like me) has criticised Beyond3D for this sort of forum control in the past.

and maybe you havent really paid much attention but he didnt just start this with the BTR. His desire to rule as the supreme is what cursed the ABT forums as well. There are several members that he ran off or banned just because they didnt agree with him. See, they wouldnt bow down before him and would stick with the opinion they had. This was unacceptable to apoppin so they had to go. Worse were the times he was actually proved wrong, those guys he hated the most. And there were quite a few. The numbers start adding up if you just go back through the years and see. And some of these were daily posters, ran off cause apoppin only wants to hear himself and have cheerleaders. That is his idea of the word class forums of the future.

The problem is........he dont have many cheerleaders. And the ones that do appreciate his work, they get ran off when they dont agree with every single one of his ideas.

Apoppin is bitter and he has to feel superior by crushing others. the BTR forum is nothing more than a mouse trap for those dumb enough to step into it. Sooner or later........snap, there goes another member.
Ocre I disagree with you. I have known Mark for years now and I haven't had any issues with him. I did however have quite a few problems with the mods at AnandTech. Mark is a very nice person and he's very good at running a forum imo. I actually think that you were right about your hexacore rig but you both could have handled your arguments better. You both got upset which makes no sense. I still think you both should make amends and move on. You're both great members of the community, as fragmented as it is now.
I know how apoppin is, trust me I know. He was VC&G moderator when I got banned there. He banned me once from ABT also.

He's prone to fits of anger and definitely doesn't like being proved wrong, but I think he can also recognise when someone is worth persevering with. Some don't have the patience I do with him for sure.

I know he doesn't want to come back here, still sore with Dave, but if he did I think it would be better as just a reviewer editor and no forum admin powers (except perhaps over subforums that discuss reviews/articles he writes).

I trusted apoppin. Right up until the Fractal Design bribing TechReport issue. I offered to edit myself if he could come up with an alternative explanation to bribery. You know I'll correct myself if I'm proven wrong. I'll do that gladly. He didn't give me that chance. Instead, he just used his mod powers to edit for me and called me a libeler. At that moment, my respect for him was destroyed.
You have a well established track record of being willfully wrong with what you post and what the article you are posting about actually claims. I imagine apoppin got tired of it.

(03-08-2015, 06:28 AM)gstanford Wrote: You have a well established track record of being willfully wrong with what you post and what the article you are posting about actually claims. I imagine apoppin got tired of it.
Don't forget the fact that he never responds when someone proves him wrong and he becomes hostile when angry, resorting to name calling. He floods the forum with useless posts and misinformation.
Wrong again.
(03-08-2015, 06:47 AM)SteelCrysis Wrote: Wrong again.
How so?
Both you and stanford are wrong. I don't have a track record of being willfully wrong, and I don't resort to name calling.
(03-08-2015, 06:54 AM)SteelCrysis Wrote: Both you and stanford are wrong. I don't have a track record of being willfully wrong, and I don't resort to name calling.
Umm... You've called me several names over the past few days. You do post misinformation. I don't have the time or patience to prove it to you right now.
(03-08-2015, 06:54 AM)SteelCrysis Wrote: Both you and stanford are wrong.  I don't have a track record of being willfully wrong, and I don't resort to name calling.

[Image: ROFLMAO.gif] [Image: joint.gif]

When you're dead, you don't know it. It is only difficult for others. It's the same when you're stupid.
It is true Mark would not let me register on his forum. I was not overly shocked, my thoughts on ACA seemed to enrage him.
What's aca ?
Affordable Care Act AKA Obamacare.
Rollo my biggest issue with you is that you are a self confessed liar.
Errr....how so?
You said that you constantly come on here and pretend to like certain products and you try to win unwinable arguments as a game that you play with yourself. It will be interesting to see what Dave will do with you.
Given how Dave's treated me, he isn't going to do anything about Rollo.
I don't think Dave likes Rollo.
Dave "should" like me, if for no other reason than I've basically always liked Dave and have had no quarrel with him I can recall. He told me about getting the shaft at his work once and I honestly felt pretty bad for the situation.

Dave's like me- he's an older tech guy in a world of young grads.

As far as me admitting I didn't particularly care much about who wins the console wars because I'd likely end up buying my son both (which I did) and that I was just having some fun debating it from my son's perspective- so what?

IIRC I posted no inaccurate information, only opinions and stats.

People do worse things on forums.
I really don't know about you, Rollo.
That is OK Sickbeast. In the grand scheme of things, our understanding of one another is probably not overly important.
I can live with that. I don't know if Dave can, though.
He can. He will. Watch him do so.