Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Console gaming thread
(10-10-2015, 09:56 PM)SickBeast Wrote: Check out some videos and screenshots of GTA 5.  There is way less foliage on the Xbox One version.  It is very noticeable.  There are similar issues on many other games as well.  You need to realize that the Xbox One is only half as powerful as the PS4.  I have never once seen you acknowledge that fact.  You say that I am on crack when you are the one that continues to promote a clearly inferior console that costs the same as the twice as powerful PS4.

Huh.

So now it's "half as powerful" when it only has a 50% spec deficit? Nice math!

GTA 5 is an extreme case, most other games look about the same.
You know what I might do if I were in charge of XBone?

Make a "rev. 2" with a closed loop cooler on the APU pushing exhaust out the back, and an intake fan on the front.

Turn the clocks up to 930MHz, a 10% OC would eat into some of the PS4 advantage.
(10-11-2015, 05:13 AM)RolloTheGreat Wrote:
(10-10-2015, 09:56 PM)SickBeast Wrote: Check out some videos and screenshots of GTA 5.  There is way less foliage on the Xbox One version.  It is very noticeable.  There are similar issues on many other games as well.  You need to realize that the Xbox One is only half as powerful as the PS4.[/B]  I have never once seen you acknowledge that fact.  You say that I am on crack when you are the one that continues to promote a clearly inferior console that costs the same as the twice as powerful PS4.[/B]

Huh.

So now it's "half as powerful" when it only has a 50% spec deficit? Nice math!

GTA 5 is an extreme case, most other games look about the same.
You're only counting the shaders and you're not considering the lack of gddr5.
Here you go, Rollo:

http://ca.ign.com/wikis/xbox-one/PS4_vs....Framerates

Notice how there are several games that run at 1080p resolution at 60fps on the PS4 whereas they only run at 720p resolution on the Xbox One. Note that 1080p has more than twice as many pixels as 720p. This makes sense seeing as the PS4 is twice as powerful, like I said.

You should also note that for just about every game the PS4 runs at a higher resolution.
(10-11-2015, 10:09 AM)SickBeast Wrote: Here you go, Rollo:

Notice how there are several games that run at 1080p resolution at 60fps on the PS4 whereas they only run at 720p resolution on the Xbox One.  Note that 1080p has more than twice as many pixels as 720p.  This makes sense seeing as the PS4 is twice as powerful, like I said.

You should also note that for just about every game the PS4 runs at a higher resolution.

I notice how you're a liar, or just deliberately trying to deceive people as usual.

There are THREE games on that list where the PS4 runs the game at 1080p and the XBone runs the game at 720p. THREE.

On all the rest the situation is exactly what I said it was: the XBone is the same or a little lower. Going to tell people there's a "huge" difference between 1080p and 900p? Or 900p and 720p?

Rolleyes

P3wning SickBeast- it never gets old. Cool
The only reason any of the games are even close is because the developers are coding for the lowest common denominator. PS4 exclusive games will look way better and will run at a higher resolution.

I never lied BTW. You are the liar and the troll and you have admitted to it as well.
(10-12-2015, 07:32 AM)SickBeast Wrote: The only reason any of the games are even close is because the developers are coding for the lowest common denominator. PS4 exclusive games will look way better and will run at a higher resolution.

I never lied BTW. You are the liar and the troll and you have admitted to it as well.

No, you're just a liar.

http://www.techradar.com/news/gaming/con...-1127315/3

Quote:This is in no way a deal-breaker for the Xbox One, and here's why. First, it's almost impossible to tell the difference without a side-by-side comparison. You won't miss the extra grass in GTA 5.
Dave can we just ban this troll already? He brings nothing to the forum, all he's doing is aggravating everyone.
(10-12-2015, 08:30 AM)SickBeast Wrote: Dave can we just ban this troll already? He brings nothing to the forum, all he's doing is aggravating everyone.

Are you familiar with the term "eunuch", super mod Sick Beast?

Must be very frustrating watching me refute all the BS you try to pass off as valid info.

As far as your laughable "An additional 50% higher performance due to RAM type" you conveniently leave two facts out:

1. Xbone, like 360, uses a much faster cache piece of memory so it isn't just relying on the DDR3.

2. These are feeble APUs, not Titan Xs. Any legit links that show that either of them can use more memory bandwidth than they have available?

http://www.anandtech.com/show/6972/xbox-...tation-4/3

Quote:That’s roughly the amount of memory bandwidth we’ve come to expect from a $300 GPU, and great news for the console.

Ooops- the feeble APU in the PS4 isn't a $300 GPU, it's a $100 piece of crap for both CPU and GPU.

Quote:Even if Microsoft can’t deliver the same effective memory bandwidth as Sony, it also has fewer GPU execution resources - it’s entirely possible that the Xbox One’s memory bandwidth demands will be inherently lower to begin with.

So between the lower demand on the RAM, and the caching, Xbone may not need any more RAM bandwidth than it has.

P3wning Sick Beast- a way of life.
Rollo the only person you are pwning is yourself. You are clearly back on the sauce.
(10-12-2015, 08:23 PM)SickBeast Wrote: Rollo the only person you are pwning is yourself.  You are clearly back on the sauce.

Instead of acting like a child on a playground with ad hominem attacks, why not back up what you said with a credible source?

You said the PS4 is TWICE as powerful as the XBone, despite the fact that it's specs are only 50% higher on the chip, and that vast majority of games run at the same resolution or 180p less.

You went on to (foolishly) post a long list of games and state most run at 1080p on the PS4 and most run at 720p on the XBone as evidence of your whacked claims, when only THREE games on your linked list met that criteria.

And you kept yelling about DDR3 vs DDR5, apparently because you didn't know XBone's cache makes up for some (all?) of that difference.

How about linking us to some info that backs your claims instead of just making wild guesses? If I'm wrong, I'll admit it.

Looks to me like I've always been right though- XBone does have weaker hardware, but the gaming experience is pretty close.

Likely because as you say, they have to code to the lowest common denominator. But we don't say "If only everyone had a Titan X graphics would be better" now do we?

Should I pin the dollar to your shirt now?
Rollo to be honest I can't be bothered with you any more. You tried this crap with gstanford and he left because you drove him completely nuts. My blood pressure has been up and I'm sure that interacting with you is not helping that at all.
(10-12-2015, 11:46 PM)SickBeast Wrote: Rollo to be honest I can't be bothered with you any more.  You tried this crap with gstanford and he left because you drove him completely nuts.  My blood pressure has been up and I'm sure that interacting with you is not helping that at all.

It's true, I also asked Gstanford to back up the things he said with links to reputable sources. (like I do)
No. You stir the pot with your incessant nonsense and you insult anyone that disagrees with you or stands in your way. You are a disgrace to our community here and you offer absolutely nothing positive. I really think that all the drinking has made you negative. You should probably get yourself some help.
(10-13-2015, 07:01 AM)SickBeast Wrote: No.  You stir the pot with your incessant nonsense and you insult anyone that disagrees with you or stands in your way.  You are a disgrace to our community here and you offer absolutely nothing positive.  I really think that all the drinking has made you negative.  You should probably get yourself some help.

My guess is you're a bigger drinker than me, Ick Beast. I had three beers during my Super Bowl party on February 7th, I think that is all I had for liquor this year.

Maybe you should get help? I think all the drinking is making you negative.

It must be difficult to be so far wrong about every thing you say.

Sorry to have to be the one pointing out your errors, but someone should.
Rolleyes
(10-13-2015, 07:58 AM)SickBeast Wrote: Rolleyes

Typical Ick Beast post:

Nothing factual, nothing of use, inflammatory.

If anyone should be moderated here, it's you.
(10-10-2015, 08:49 AM)BenSkywalker Wrote:
Quote:M$ being the weight behind AMD (owning 51+% of the shares) could be the marketing and R&D force that AMD needs to seriously counter Intel.

That would be an example of the second largest possible anti trust violation(gouging consumers is first, using your monopoly to leverage yourself into a dominant position in another market would be the second). In other words, won't happen.

Quote: Given that AMD has been giving NV (a 5-10x bigger company) a really hard time, coming so damn close in the GPU race, it's absolutely impressive in its own right.

Well, try to keep in mind that desktop GPUs are in freefall and nVidia isn't run by a bunch of slack jaw morons. HPC, automotive and UP markets are where all of their growth potential is. On those fronts, nobody is terribly close to them on the technology side(at least in the GPU segment of the equation). Also, nVidia isn't remotely in the league of actualy being 5-10x the size of AMD- in fact, AMD has considerably *more* employees than nVidia(obviously can't give you an up to the minute numbers, but after the last round of AMD layoffs, they were still ~30%-50% higher- such a large variation due to how you count contract 'employees').

Not exactly an anti-trust issue, if when the companies "Transmeta" and "RISE" were making x86 processors, the way they worked around the lawsuit problem is they partnered with IBM for manufacturing (with IBM's x86 license)....  Intel is almost a pure monopoly with x86 processors if you look at the market today, after all.  So, we're paying $300-400 for 100mm^2 chips (of which about 30-40% are composed of on-die GPU that we nearly never need or use), because of the lack of competition. 
Microsoft could simply partner with AMD in that case, provide R&D funds on the condition that AMD does not enter a contract with Sony for the PS5, etc.... etc...  

Cool, that's interesting how Nvidia has around 30-50% more employees than AMD.  BTW, I was referring to the market cap size, not the size of the workforce.  LOL, Tongue, but thanks for sharing. 

Anyway, the x86 market is also in freefall just like the desktop GPUs that you mention.  Apple's A9 is coming dangerously close to Intel's CPUs clock-for-clock, and Intel is struggling even with their own 14nm tech, in the UP market, to earn significantly more design wins and contracts than they ever did with 22nm tech. 

What do you think about Nvidia accelerating their Pascal uarch, with the next-gen Tegra after the X1 that was rightly impressive with Shield TV?  With 8 highly clocked custom Denver cores that put AMD's Jaguar to shame, along with a decent Pascal GPU sharing unified memory that:
1) provides enough power for ALL PS4/XBone games to run at FULL 1080p, at an absolute minimum of 30fps, with no loss in IQ (with 2.25x the power of PS4's GPU)
  ---  GP106 consumes around 50-80W, and is nearly as fast as a GTX 970
2) upgraded Pascal module that has 4.5x the power of PS4's GPU, while consuming 100-140W (ideal for playing all of these games at 60fps, or in full 1080p STEREO3D with no compromises)
  ---  GP104 would be at least as fast as today's GTX 980 Ti
3) high-end Pascal module geared towards 4K displays, internally rendering all PS4/Xbone gen ports at full 4K resolution - which has exactly 9x the pixels of 720p - or that of many Xbone games and perhaps a few PS4 games - hence 9x the power of PS4's GPU needed for no compromises with IQ or frame rate (except for the CPU aspect, which could be marginalized with the use of Vulkan or heavy Async optimization - Google recently announced Android support for Vulkan)
---   GP100 (or console-specific GP102 module chip designed for the console)

It would be exactly what this console generation was lacking - a powerhouse console, but with upgradeability (one could buy the basic version, and then swap out the GPU module for a GP104 module for $100 more, or for a high-end GP100 module for $300 more and finally enjoy 4K gaming content in all its glory, with all the benefits that a console could offer.  Plus, all of the games would be on Google Play, just like Nvidia's Shield library on Android. 

I have a feeling that this is what Nintendo is trying to do with their Nintendo VX, if the rumors are correct in indicating this - perhaps in a joint agreement with Nvidia, but Nvidia really should just launch all on their own and become really big. The 4K console gaming ®evolution is what the world is more than fertile for.
(10-12-2015, 08:30 AM)SickBeast Wrote: Dave can we just ban this troll already? He brings nothing to the forum, all he's doing is aggravating everyone.

Hey, he's just aggravating you, but you're taking it seriously.  If he calls you a liar, it doesn't mean that your integrity is compromised.  Sometimes my brother calls me a liar, when we're playing cards, but it doesn't mean I have to slam my fist, toss the table in the air, etc..  I just smile at him and laugh, and we just continue...   don't expect the forum to be a 100% serious place of discussion, alrite mate?
BTW, Ben, it does seem that the x86 license is transferable, if VIA acquired the license by buying out Cyrix?? Also, it seems that the x86 license is really only pertaining to the patents that have been relevant within the 15 year period of inception, like SSE2/3/4/5, AMD64, etc.. and not the original 8086 architecture from 30-35 years ago - it's now only prior art, and is considered "obvious". Intel couldn't prevent VIA or the likes of Transmeta or RISE from making x86 processors using IBM's old license - so it means that Microsoft can definitely partner with AMD at least, unless FTC would consider that to be anti-trust in the multi-billion-dollar gaming console market (rather than the x86 market). Sony, with their life depending on it, would definitely cry wolf, so I guess not, then. My speculation fail...

I'm kind of hoping that AMD's Zen gets it right with "reverse hyperthreading" if the rumors mean that 2 cores can combine into one big fast core for executing a single thread. Intel really needs to be caught off guard, FTC or not.
(10-12-2015, 06:21 AM)RolloTheGreat Wrote:

Notice how there are several games that run at 1080p resolution at 60fps on the PS4 whereas they only run at 720p resolution on the Xbox One.  Note that 1080p has more than twice as many pixels as 720p.  This makes sense seeing as the PS4 is twice as powerful, like I said.

I notice how you're a liar, or just deliberately trying to deceive people as usual.

There are THREE games on that list where the PS4 runs the game at 1080p and the XBone runs the game at 720p. THREE.

On all the rest the situation is exactly what I said it was: the XBone is the same or a little lower. Going to tell people there's a "huge" difference between 1080p and 900p? Or 900p and 720p?

Rolleyes

P3wning SickBeast- it never gets old. Cool

Uhhmmm....Isn't that the same thing he said? In the post you quoted? Several games run at 1080p while the One runs them at 720?

You just repeated what he said and called him a liar.

Quote:You went on to (foolishly) post a long list of games and state most run at 1080p on the PS4 and most run at 720p on the XBone as evidence of your whacked claims, when only THREE games on your linked list met that criteria.

That isn't what he said. At all. He said for most of the listed games, they run at a higher res on the PS4. They do. No where in the post you quoted did he say "most run at 1080p on the ps4 and 720 on the xbone." I repeat, he said "several" were 1080p vs 720.

I was going to continue avoiding this topic, but I felt that had to be pointed out.
GooGoo, you have a point if you consider "3" equivalent to "several".

While "3" technically meets some definitions of "several", on a list that size saying several of the games run at 1080p on one and 720p on the other is misleading at best.

I think Sick Beast must have a drinking problem. A teacher with a Masters degree should know this sort of thing.

Or it's possible he does know, and was just trying to mislead because he's trolling XBone owners.
(10-13-2015, 11:56 AM)BoFox Wrote:

Hey, he's just aggravating you, but you're taking it seriously.  If he calls you a liar, it doesn't mean that your integrity is compromised.  Sometimes my brother calls me a liar, when we're playing cards, but it doesn't mean I have to slam my fist, toss the table in the air, etc..  I just smile at him and laugh, and we just continue...   don't expect the forum to be a 100% serious place of discussion, alrite mate?

As usual, Sick Beast is trolling me.

He repeatedly asks Dave to "moderate" or ban me, for no reason other than personal dislike.'

He posts misleading or inaccurate information just to disagree with me.

He repeatedly accuses me of having a drinking problem when I drink far less than most adults in North America. (LOL- "You need to go to rehab Rollo! Those three beers you drank back in February mean you have a problem!")

He accused me of ignoring my family to post online, when there are very few who even can spend as much time with family as I do.

Definitely a troll.
Hey, there was Dennis the Menace, and that girl (I forget her name) who called him many things, made so many insulting remarks, etc.. but Dennis the Menace just went on and played with her toys and drank her make-believe tea next to the Barbie dolls. The next day, she went to his treehouse, and invited him down for playing some jacks and hopscotch, like as if nothing had happened. That is, because Dennis didn't take anything personally (if he did, then she probably would've never come over to play with him). ... of course, she calls him stuff every now and then, but they play with so many things, even finding some kitten in a bag, tossing a suffocating fish back in the water, etc..

Now, who wants to be Dennis, and who wants to be that girl? Big Grin
(10-13-2015, 05:31 PM)RolloTheGreat Wrote: GooGoo, you have a point if you consider "3" equivalent to "several".

While "3" technically meets some definitions of "several", on a list that size saying several of the games run at 1080p on one and 720p on the other is misleading at best.

I think Sick Beast must have a drinking problem. A teacher with a Masters degree should know this sort of thing.

Or it's possible he does know, and was just trying to mislead because he's trolling XBone owners.

Even if we were argue the semantics in regards to SB's meaning of several (which wasn't misleading in the least, IMHO), you said he said "many". "Several" is the opposite of "many".

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/several

Anyway, now I'm officially done.
(10-13-2015, 10:34 PM)googoo24 Wrote: Even if we were argue the semantics in regards to SB's meaning of several (which wasn't misleading in the least, IMHO), you said he said "many". "Several" is the opposite of "many".

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/several

Anyway, now I'm officially done.

http://www.vocabulary.com/dictionary/several

Quote:Two is a "couple" and more than two or three is several.

There are 79 games on that list. There are 3 in the situation he described. (I do need to check the 3 count again, might be a few more in the tiny text that weren't blown up as a difference)

There are 19 where they're both at 1080P, more where they're both at 900P, and many where there is only a 180p difference.'

What I described is the TREND. What he described is the EXCEPTION.

Misleading, and trolling by Ick Beast.

Interesting how some XB1 games are patched to 900p (from 720p) after Kinect support was disabled.  Microsoft said that Kinect was consuming about 10% of the system resources.
I think I'm done with this forum in its current form. I can't stand Rollo.
Because he proved you wrong?
Valve hater, Nintendo hater, Microsoft defender, AMD hater, Google Fiber hater, 4K lover, net neutrality lover.
(10-14-2015, 01:26 AM)SteelCrysis Wrote: Because he proved you wrong?
Do you honestly feel that way? And you really require an explanation? Did you even read the thread?
Yep, he pwned you, Sickbeast. Tongue
For DickBeast, GStifford, and Amoppin:

In that IGN graph we have:

Games where PS4 and XBone at same resolution: 24 .......... 52% Xbone at same res

Games where PS4 and XBone 180p apart: 15 ......... 33% XBone close enough you wouldn't know difference

Games where PS4 and Xbone 360p apart: 7 ........... 15% of time PS4 has that 360p advantage

So 85% of the time you wouldn't be able to tell the difference in XBone and PS4 image quality, and this is supposed to be some sort of landslide victory of image quality for PS4? Only if you're a rabid fanboy.

We've got both a PS4 and a XBone, and I can tell you the PS4 is one shoddy little box that I'd be embarrassed to have in my living room. The XBone is a nice looking console that while you give up a little image quality in a few games, is a much better home entertainment box.
(10-11-2015, 10:09 AM)DickBeast Wrote: You should also note that for just about every game the PS4 runs at a higher resolution.

A blatant lie.

Not only does the XBone run 24 of the 46 games on both platforms at the same resolution (over half) but six of the XBone exclusives run at 1080p so they wouldn't be at higher resolution if they were on PS4 as well.

That means almost HALF the games on the entire list either are not, or could not, be run at a higher resolution by PS4.

How does a person look at that chart and then say, "The PS4 runs just about every game at a higher resolution"??

Since when is "less than half" (22/46) "just about every"??

SickBeast if you were my son's teacher, I'd be checking every paper and test you graded. Very simple and obvious trends in data seem to elude you. Were you drinking when you wrote this? :gorilla:
LOL. I thought he was already proven wrong?

Anyway, Project cars runs at a lower res on the One too. It's just not color coded. So there you go. Now it's half. LOL!

BTW, are you counting the One games with 1080p at lower res? For instance:

Far Cry 4 1440x1080p @ 30fps on the One vs 1920x1080p @ 30fps PS4?

I hope not, cause I'm still getting lower res for most "CROSS PLATFORM" games on the One.

I count 21 games where the two systems have the "exact" same res(including patched games) across the entire experience.
(10-15-2015, 12:11 AM)googoo24 Wrote: LOL. I thought he was already proven wrong?

Anyway, Project cars runs at a lower res on the One too. It's just not color coded. So there you go. Now it's half. LOL!

BTW, are you counting the One games with 1080p at lower res? For instance:

Far Cry 4 1440x1080p @ 30fps on the One  vs 1920x1080p @ 30fps PS4?

I hope not, cause I'm still getting lower res for most "CROSS PLATFORM" games on the One.

I count 21 games where the two systems have the "exact" same res(including patched games) across the entire experience.

You can never prove the DickBeast wrong enough, because he is a troll on par with Apoppin and GStanford.

:gorilla:

I thought I stuck to same resolution, and used the patched.

Either way (21 or 24) there are only 46 cross platform games. As such, DickBeast must have been REALLY drunk to be thinking "just about every game runs at higher resolution on PS4".

How does one miss the fact roughly half are exactly the same?

How does one not notice that almost 1/3 of them are only 180p different? Can anyone even tell the difference in 1080p and 900p on a tv?

He was trolling.
There is a working IGNORE user feature on this site.
(10-15-2015, 10:53 AM)dmcowen674 Wrote: There is a working IGNORE user feature on this site.

So you want me to ignore him while he continues to harass and slander me? You think that is an ideal solution?
(10-16-2015, 04:08 AM)SickBeast Wrote:
(10-15-2015, 10:53 AM)dmcowen674 Wrote: There is a working IGNORE user feature on this site.

So you want me to ignore him while he continues to harass and slander me? You think that is an ideal solution?

Have you seen the slander and harassment a cabal post about me over at AT?

I have every one of them on ignore and it drives them even more insane.

Hopefully they will stroke out from frustration Smile
That might work for you but I have tried it twice with Rollo and he is still here driving me crazy. Adios amigos I hope you all find peace with your beloved troll.
You let an anonymous coward hiding behind a keyboard beat you into submission. Hmmmmmm