Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mars One Lied About Selection Numbers
http://www.extremetech.com/extreme/20161...on-process
They seemed so noble, but in truth they were so full of it.

Here's the original article, Mars One is a massive scam: https://medium.com/matter/mars-one-insid...fef95217d3
Valve hater, Nintendo hater, Microsoft defender, AMD hater, Google Fiber hater, 4K lover, net neutrality lover.
You know what is crazy?

The fact that we will have people on mars. I think it is going to happen. As long as the world doesnt fall into catastrophic ruin anytime soon......you know like: a meteor, polar shift, mega volcano world wide earthquake..... or a real massive world war. Those things could delay us. But the crazy thing is, in a matter of decades we might actually get man to Mars.

Back home after all these years!!!!!

After that, alls we have to do is ship the women back to Venus.

lol
What we really need to focus on is how to eventually move Earth into the orbit currently occupied by Mars if we want to survive once the sun starts getting hotter and becomes a red giant.

Or possibly Move Venus into Mars's orbit and vice avers and see if we can't terraform Venus into a habitable planet. (pointless doing it in its current orbit - it gets too hot already and the problem will only get worse as the sun ages and its orbit could possibly be swallowed by a red giant sun).
Adam knew he should have bought a PC but Eve fell for the marketing hype.

Homeopathy is what happened when snake oil salesmen discovered that water is cheaper than snake oil.

The reason they call it the American Dream is because you have to be asleep to believe it. -- George Carlin
(03-21-2015, 02:58 PM)gstanford Wrote: What we really need to focus on is how to eventually move Earth into the orbit currently occupied by Mars if we want to survive once the sun starts getting hotter and becomes a red giant.

Or possibly Move Venus into Mars's orbit and vice avers and see if we can't terraform Venus into a habitable planet.  (pointless doing it in its current orbit - it gets too hot already and the problem will only get worse as the sun ages and its orbit could possibly be swallowed by a red giant sun).

You mean in about another 4 billion years? Yeah, I don't think we'll be around then. Lets get through the next 100 years first before we talk about the Sun expanding in search of fuel. Tongue
You don't have much faith in humanity then, do you?

The sun will get much hotter, long, long before it expands to become a red giant.

It will only take another 1 billion years for the sun to become hot enough to vaporise earths oceans, and life for humans and other livings things will become intolerable well before that - as soon as 300 million years from now.

Human induced climate change (global warming) will accelerate the whole process.

Homeopathy is what happened when snake oil salesmen discovered that water is cheaper than snake oil.

The reason they call it the American Dream is because you have to be asleep to believe it. -- George Carlin
(03-23-2015, 08:47 AM)gstanford Wrote: You don't have much faith in humanity then, do you?

The sun will get much hotter, long, long before it expands to become a red giant.

It will only take another 1 billion years for the sun to become hot enough to vaporise earths oceans, and life for humans and other livings things will become intolerable well before that - as soon as 300 million years from now.

Human induced climate change (global warming) will accelerate the whole process.

Gosh, will my progeny 3,000,000 generations from now curse me for replacing the V6 truck I bought last year with a V8 truck this year, instead of getting the Prious?! Curse my foolish desire to get to 60mph 1 second faster, thinking like that may doom us in only 2,999,999 generations.

I don't know, I have a hard time getting to worked up about theories on what will happen in 3m generations. First, look at how much technology has changed in 20 generations. (I'm using 100 years as a generation for easy numbers)

We've gone from "Hmmm fire hot" to chatting about travelling to other planets on computers that fit in our pockets.

That's in 20 generations, it's pretty difficult to guess what the problems of the day will be in 1m generations, let alone 300m. Odds are pretty good we'll be the, "Hmmm fire hot" guys in 100 generations, let alone 300m.

I'd also note that around here the last two winters were some of the coldest on record, and we've also had very cold summers recently.
[Image: Human_Ostrich.jpg]

Quote:I don't know, I have a hard time getting to worked up about theories on what will happen in 3m generations. First, look at how much technology has changed in 20 generations. (I'm using 100 years as a generation for easy numbers)

You don't know just how lucky you are to be living at a point in time when technology has changed. For most of humanities time on the planet technological progress has been sweet F.A.

Just look at the period of time between the collapse of the roman empire and the industrial revolution. Society mostly went backwards! Don't count on your kids or their future offspring improving anything. Odds are they will be living a hunter gatherer neanderthal like lifestyle in the wake of a nuclear war.

(03-23-2015, 05:19 PM)gstanford Wrote: You don't know just how lucky you are to be living at a point in time when technology has changed.  For most of humanities time on the planet technological progress has been sweet F.A.

Just look at the period of time between the collapse of the roman empire and the industrial revolution.  Society mostly went backwards!  Don't count on your kids or their future offspring improving anything.  Odds are they will be living a hunter gatherer neanderthal like lifestyle in the wake of a nuclear war.

The Sweet FA song started playing in my truck on the way back from ice fishing a couple weeks ago because it was the next title alphabetically on the SD card of MP3s 70s-90s. My son and I decided it was humorous and a bunch random things tossed together while a guy shreds.

Anyway, as far as your theories go, mankind better "hope" they advance significantly because we're nowhere near moving to another planet or shifting this one's orbit at this point.

Personally I think the human brain is evolving and what has been discovered is the catalyst of new discoveries as people think about things from different perspectives.
Quote:Anyway, as far as your theories go, mankind better "hope" they advance significantly because we're nowhere near moving to another planet or shifting this one's orbit at this point.

And we won't get any closer to finding out how to do it by sitting back and saying "we don't need to worry yet, we'll let my kid's kids figure it out"!

so it seems gstanford has developed not only a plan but the unimaginable science it would take to push Venus into Mars orbit. That is amassing. Please do tell us about it. I want all the details and am very interested.

If gstan doesnt have all this worked out, then I hope he is not reading this. Cause the last thing i would expect him to be doing is just sitting back telling other people they should worry about it and condemning those that arent actively on this mission. He is obviously driven, there is no way he hasnt already completely figured this out. Unless, he just expects others to figure this out and thinks that his bringing it up is enough. That would be strange