Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
debi and I saw man get hit by a car tonight
3-23-2015

We were sitting at red light across from the impact. Wish debi didn't see it :(    Pedestrian struck near Castleton in critical condition

Edit: This TV station has a close up of the car before it got towed away.

Don't pay any mind to the URL title, it was not a hit and run, hell the driver was injured and the entire windshield was smashed in the car.
He couldn't go anywhere and he was in shock.

Pedestrian struck, critically injured on NE side
(03-24-2015, 08:56 AM)dmcowen674 Wrote: 3-23-2015

We were sitting at red light across from the impact. Wish debi didn't see it :(    Pedestrian struck near Castleton in critical condition

Sorry to hear this, witnessing accidents is pretty traumatic. :(
That's nasty. Hope it doesn't happen to me. :(
Valve hater, Nintendo hater, Microsoft defender, AMD hater, Google Fiber hater, 4K lover, net neutrality lover.
I still have the run towards the fire instinct as I was a Fireman in New York for 8 years. I pulled in to the Jiffy Lube parking lot across the intersection, as I got out of the Jeep I noticed the guys were wearing the same uniform as the guy that just got hit. I told them their Tech was just hit as I crossed the street to get to him. A nurse happened to be driving by and she stopped too. She got blankets out of her car and placed on him. He darted right in front of a car in a double turning lane so the guy that hit him didn't even see him until his head came through the windshield and hit his hand cutting his hand. Then he tumble salted straight up in the air to where his feet nearly hit the traffic lights and then he came down upside down and his head hit the curb. I was very surprised he was still breathing although laboring. When the Ambulance arrived it was on the other side of the median so I assisted the EMT getting the gurney over the concrete. Then a bunch of Police arrived so there was a lot of help so I came back across the street to the Jeep. The guys girlfriend was there as she was waiting for him to get off work. She was pregnant and due very soon. Horrible thing.
That is a terrible terrible story!!!!!!!!!!

It is soooo painful to read.
None of the TV stations updated the story.