Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GTA 5 PC
Who is getting it?

I am thinking i will pre order...............

Anyone think this is a bad idea? I dont care if it has a rough launch. I think its gonna be amassing. I loved it on the PS3. Cant wait for the PC launch
(04-04-2015, 02:08 AM)ocre Wrote: Who is getting it?

I am thinking i will pre order...............

Anyone think this is a bad idea?  I dont care if it has a rough launch.  I think its gonna be amassing.  I loved it on the PS3.  Cant wait for the PC launch

Maybe- not at launch price though.
I'll be getting it, but not for a few months. The online component doesn't interest me and I refuse to pay top dollar while paying for an unpatched mess and being treated like a pirate.
Adam knew he should have bought a PC but Eve fell for the marketing hype.

Homeopathy is what happened when snake oil salesmen discovered that water is cheaper than snake oil.

The reason they call it the American Dream is because you have to be asleep to believe it. -- George Carlin
Yeah, don't really care about the price. Heck, that's not a lot of money.

I throw money away all the time. Every week, for my kids i throw 60-70$ on skylanders alone not counting the games and cash i give them over and over, 80-100$ every time me and my wife go out to eat, even higher when we all go out to eat, movies, bowling, etc, etc. I throw money all over the place every single day. Gta5 is a drop in the bucket.

I just wanted to see if anyone else was as excited about this game as I was. II am really looking forward to it. Guess I will be the beta tester........

Lol
I am hopeful rockstar is gonna have things together better this time. I heard of all sorts of issues with gta4 but I got the game early on and it worked for me right out of the box. As time went on, I got better and better performance but the game was playable for me from day one. I used the hack to allow higher settings and every once in a while there would be a millisecond pause cutting corners at high speed but it was nothing compared to the stutter issues in recent games. Games like watchdogs.

I don't know, I guess I have always been lucky. Gta4 worked well for me. I loved playing the game at higher details and settings than anyone I knew. Side by side, it made the console version look awful. It was great to me from early on. I think I bought it about me month after launch. Had no major issues at all.

I don't mind taking the risk on gta5. I have been lucky and don't seem to have all these issues everyone else has. Games like gta4, ac unity, and watchdogs. They were not terrible on my computers. Watchdogs.....I guess I did wait about a month before I played it to. At launch it had a lot of stutter pauses. They happened in action scenes and I couldn't enjoy the game. I tried again after a month and it played well enough by then. But still, everyone was saying it was soo broken. It was okay for me from then on.
Hopefully it is a good port this time. They don't exactly have a good track record. I will buy it once it's $10 or less, probably in about a year.
It's tip money for me too, but:

1. The GTA games get old for me quick, prefer battling monsters to cops
2. Game has been out forever, have watched my son play it dozens of times
i dont spend much money on myself. What my family dont get, i put back. I just have been on a saving kick for a few years now. Started saving for a house and then i just kept going.

Its rare i buy myself anything. Ordering GTA 5 just because i want to have it. I am also thinking i may buy a gysnc monitor. I have been waiting for some more options, i thought surely there will be plenty of options.....................

there are what? like 4 or 5 to choose from?

What the heck is up with that?
Here's a couple of good ones:
Acer XB270H 27" 1440p 144 Hz IPS G-Sync for $597.95 + free shipping: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.as...0AJ2N63982
Acer XB280HK 28" 4K 60 Hz TN G-Sync for $750: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.as...6824009658
Valve hater, Nintendo hater, Microsoft defender, AMD hater, Google Fiber hater, 4K lover, net neutrality lover.
I seen those on newegg.
I just wish there were more options.

But out of those two, the IPS is interesting....... Just not totally sure that i want a 27" 1080 monitor. I do think i would be more interested in this than the Swift.

When will there be more Gsync options? There are so few to choose from
Whoops, my mistake for stating the 1080p display was 1440p.
Valve hater, Nintendo hater, Microsoft defender, AMD hater, Google Fiber hater, 4K lover, net neutrality lover.
It would be great if it was 1440p.

There just isnt a lot of Gsync options. But the IPS is close to what i would want. Surely something else has to be coming out, right?
Okay,

GTA 5 is amassing, right out the gate.

There are so many graphics options. More than any game as of late. I am talking loads and loads of settings. But really, i dont worry about any of them. Just maxed everything out, even have 4x msaa on reflections. Running 2x msaa and txaa for AA. Framerate, 58-59 fps. (vsync on @ 59fps). Its really really rock solid for me, right off the bat. Oh, it looks breathtaking btw

Just thought i would update

Rockstar put a lot of work into this. It did pay off
Most people on other forums hate the blurry TXAA implementation in GTA5. Have you tried without TXAA?

Homeopathy is what happened when snake oil salesmen discovered that water is cheaper than snake oil.

The reason they call it the American Dream is because you have to be asleep to believe it. -- George Carlin
Yeah, that is a little crazy to me.

The game uses blur everywhere even when the blur strength is set to low. When you are walking, anything out side of the direct line of sight is blurred. It is an interesting feature that i first didnt like but it grew on me. It is really great in action and i find it adds to the experience.

FXAA blur is very mild, as mild as i have ever seen it. Every other game i have played has significantly more blur with fxaa.
I am running TXAA which is MSAA 2x + TXAA. I find it a god send actually. If you ever played GTA 4 PC or GTA 5 on the consoles, aliasing is a huge huge problem. It is so distracting and you cant ignore it no matter how hard you try.

There are so many lines, so so many details in the distance. So much going on everywhere and aliasing is a large problem.
I read people claiming TXAA is too blurry but it is nothing compared to the normal engine blur. I really have to say, i am truly surprised by the claim. Many of the other AA options just dont do enough. MSAA by itself, it doesnt do much at all especially for the performance hit. 4x msaa doesnt cut it, there are still jaggies. MSAA is not doing enough even at its max. I think the best AA in the game is TXAA. Running without it and using MSAA only, its not worth it. The performance hit plus i see too much aliasing in the distance. It is distracting to me when i am driving down the road.

SO for me, MSAA is not gonna do it. 4x MSAA plus FXAA, now that address more of the distracting crawling and unpleasant jaggies in the distance. But, you can imagine what that would be like, if you dont like blurry.

GTA 5 is not your typical type of game. There are so many angles and lines. So much to see in the distance. They have several AA options for different taste. Effort was made, extra effort was put into it. GTA 4 has nothing but blur-0-vision, and i am telling you.....the aliasing was so bad i would run it. It made the game look terrible but i would still find myself using it.

In GTA 5, i would rather run FXAA than just MSAA alone. MSAA just doesnt do it in this game and FXAA isnt so blurry, not compared to other games i have seen. But out of the options available, I find TXAA by far the best AA in the game. I guess, I just went thru the options and decided. I dont find it too blurry. I actually still see aliasing but it is not too distracting. I can max out all the AA options in the game, at the same time. See GTA 5 not only gives you options, you can run all 3: FXAA, MSAA, & TXAA together. Putting all of them together, its not much better than MSAA2x + TXAA. It is not a better experience.

I dont know how people conclude that TXAA is too blurry though. It goes along way to help the massive aliasing problem in the game. MSAA is just not acceptable to me. And it isnt even the performance hit, it just doesnt do the job i need it to.
So, am very thankful for TXAA. Too blurry, no way. Perfectly clear, maybe not. But i would pick TXAA over 4x MSAA in this game. TXAA, i think does a pretty good job.

This game has fog and bloom so bright, everything far off looks like real life to me. It is naturally blurry in so many places, I just don't think txaa is taking away from anything. To me it is more than worth it

Edit:
Apparently I have also been running MFAA in the driver. GeForce experience was showing msaa and txaa, scrolled to the bottom and also MFAA. Checked the driver and MFAA was on in my global settings. I don't know what the difference is between that and txaa....
I had all threes.
MFAA is just temporal MSAA (but without all the blurring nonsense of TXAA). It is brilliant if your performance suffers at say 4x MSAA. Drop to 2x MSAA, enable MFAA and you still have the IQ of 4x MSAA, but with the performance benefits of 2x MSAA.

As for aliasing in GTA5, I notice it in the textures from screenshots I've seen. Therefore SSAA will be the best way to clean it up (SSAA cleans up texture and shader aliasing that other AA methods don't touch).

[Image: evXyp7B.jpg]

http://forums.anandtech.com/showpost.php...stcount=55

This forum doesn't give the option to see the image full size. Check the link below. Notice the car aliasing and the texture aliasing on the power transformer cabinet.

http://i.imgur.com/evXyp7B.jpg

What is the best way to implement SSAA?

How much is the performance hit compared to DSR?

I can't manage 3x DSR, 2x gives me frame rates in the 40s but it gets a lot of the aliasing others can't get. I wish I could run 4x DSR, it looks amassing. But one 980 cannot manage it
DSR is one way, but probably most expensive.

Then there is SG:SSAA (sparse grid SSAA) plus a negative LOD (typically 0.875 for 4x AA). It is what I'd try first.

The aliasing my be visible in pictures, it is so much more annoying in motion.

The game looks fantastic though, so much detail. Very impressive lighting, reflections, and shadows (when they are all the way up plus maxed in the advance graphics menu).

Any one thing there are multiple shadows from multiple light sources. This is crazy for an open world environment where these things can be anywhere.

Even the grass and weeds have shadows that can stretch across the sidewalk if you have a low enough light source (like a motorcycle on its side). I say a weed shadow stretch over the ally way and up the wall.

These touches are really impressive. If you play it maxed out, you can appreciate it. There are so many nice touches everywhere.

I read people trashing on it and saying crysis 3 or ryse is so much better. Sure crysis 3 looks great but it is a completely different experience. Its nowhere near open and feels canned....like staged scenes. I see pictures of ryse but I never seen the massive reflections or multiple shadows from the different light sources. A game like gta 5 looks like a real city at times. It is lacking in skin and hair, it is not perfect. But my god, this game is really a massive undertaking. It makes up for the few shortcomings in so many ways. Characters have their own way of moving and postures. The landscapes and scenery is like looking at pictures. So many times the lighting, it looks real. The mornings, the evenings........

It is really really impressive. Totally beautiful.
I think crysis 3 looks great but gta is a game you can really get lost in
Quote:I read people trashing on it and saying crysis 3 or ryse is so much better. Sure crysis 3 looks great but it is a completely different experience.

RussianSensation is completely and utterly insane. I don't know why you waste time engaging him and his skyscrapers of text posts on the other forum.