Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Drunk Oklahoma Men Get Into Fight About Their Phones, Stab Each Other
http://www.ktul.com/story/28827848/tulsa...ne-samsung
Has something like this ever happened with consoles?
Valve hater, Nintendo hater, Microsoft defender, AMD hater, Google Fiber hater, 4K lover, net neutrality lover.
Hands down Android strictly on the fact that you can't pull the battery on an iPhone.
Some androids also have non replaceable battery.

The latest samsung galaxy has the unholy trinity - glass body, non removable battery and no uSD card slot.
Adam knew he should have bought a PC but Eve fell for the marketing hype.

Homeopathy is what happened when snake oil salesmen discovered that water is cheaper than snake oil.

The reason they call it the American Dream is because you have to be asleep to believe it. -- George Carlin
(04-20-2015, 11:31 PM)gstanford Wrote: The latest samsung galaxy has the unholy trinity - glass body, non removable battery and no uSD card slot.

That's crazy and shame on people for buying such crap.
I guess for a lot of consumers the phone only has to last until the next model comes out. For some the phone is just another bit of bling, another way of saying "look at me keeping up with the Joneses".

Homeopathy is what happened when snake oil salesmen discovered that water is cheaper than snake oil.

The reason they call it the American Dream is because you have to be asleep to believe it. -- George Carlin
(04-21-2015, 12:20 PM)gstanford Wrote: I guess for a lot of consumers the phone only has to last until the next model comes out. For some the phone is just another bit of bling, another way of saying "look at me keeping up with the Joneses".

I work in the Cell Phone Industry and I kept my old phone from 2009 until the frequency it uses was turned off by my carrier so I was forced to get a new phone.
I'm pretty much the same. The mobile I posted about here is the first one I've bought since 2009 when I got a Samsung Star feature phone that I pretty much ran into the ground.

Unfortunately people like you and me tend to be a minority, especially where flagship phone models are concerned. Most (non poser) people buy a budget phone and hang on to it forever.

I believe the tech term for the buyers of highend phones is "conspicuous consumption"

(04-21-2015, 05:21 PM)gstanford Wrote: I'm pretty much the same. The mobile I posted about here is the first one I've bought since 2009 when I got a Samsung Star feature phone that I pretty much ran into the ground.

Unfortunately people like you and me tend to be a minority, especially where flagship phone models are concerned. Most (non poser) people buy a budget phone and hang on to it forever.

I believe the tech term for the buyers of highend phones is "conspicuous consumption"

I'm amazed people have $800 to throw away every year on a new phone. I don't have the money to do that.