Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
R9 295X2 Cards Are Vanishing From Newegg
Look on Newegg. There's just 2 OEMs having them up for sale. This means only one thing: they're clearing inventory for a card of roughly equal performance. My guess is the R9 390X is on the way.
Valve hater, Nintendo hater, Microsoft defender, AMD hater, Google Fiber hater, 4K lover, net neutrality lover.
(04-18-2015, 10:28 AM)SteelCrysis Wrote: Look on Newegg.  There's just 2 OEMs having them up for sale.  This means only one thing: they're clearing inventory for a card of roughly equal performance.  My guess is the R9 390X is on the way.

Despite the company saying new cards are not coming until 2H 2015, and the enraged fan boys of ATVF proclaiming "We've waited long enough, time to buy NVIDIA"?

I have another theory-

CF issues + small market for $650 cards from AMD+ upcoming 980Ti launch = "Let's get out of the 295X2 market while the getting is good".
I see 4 now.

XFX, vision tech, diamond, and sapphire. Then there is the devil 13 dual 290x.

You have to realize. There was a massive problem everyone is just getting over. Huge stock of AMD chips that flooded the market and didn't sell. So now vendors are being much more careful so as not to get burnt.

The same thing happen with the 290x a couple of weeks ago. Because of the flood, vendors have completely slacked off on production. they have been letting the supply chains dry up. From there they will produce only at the rate they think they will sell them at.
(04-19-2015, 06:02 AM)ocre Wrote: I see 4 now.

XFX, vision tech, diamond, and sapphire.  Then there is the devil 13 dual 290x.

You have to realize.  There was a massive problem everyone is just getting over.  Huge stock of AMD chips that flooded the market and didn't sell.  So now vendors are being much more careful so as not to get burnt.

The same thing happen with the 290x a couple of weeks ago.  Because of the flood, vendors have completely slacked off on production.  they have been letting the supply chains dry up.  From there they will produce only at the rate they think they will sell them at.
Oh, that's why. When I made this topic, only the XFX and Sapphire R9 295X2s were there.
Valve hater, Nintendo hater, Microsoft defender, AMD hater, Google Fiber hater, 4K lover, net neutrality lover.