Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Skylake Benchmarks Leak
http://www.techpowerup.com/212137/intel-...marks.html
Quote:Turkish tech publication PC FRM claims to have access to performance numbers of the i7-6700K and i5-6600K, which it probably sourced from engineering samples being circulated within the motherboard industry; compared to some popular current-generation chips from the segment. The i7-6700K, which features the same clocks as an i7-4790K, is 15 percent faster in most tests. Its performance is slotted somewhere between the i7-4970K and the six-core i7-5820K, in multi-threaded tests. In tests such as PC Mark, it outclasses every other chip in comparison, including the i7-5820K.
Valve hater, Nintendo hater, Microsoft defender, AMD hater, Google Fiber hater, 4K lover, net neutrality lover.
Hmmm.

Will there be a faster quad?
(04-29-2015, 10:27 PM)ocre Wrote: Hmmm.

Will there be a faster quad?

Hmmm, looks like my 4790K and 4690 were a good investment.
We'll see what comes after Skylake.

Skylake itself seems decent enough, but you'd still be paying the over-priced, under-performing DDR4 tax.

Hopefully by the time Skylake's successor shows up DDR4 will be mainstream priced with decent speed increases.
Adam knew he should have bought a PC but Eve fell for the marketing hype.

Homeopathy is what happened when snake oil salesmen discovered that water is cheaper than snake oil.

The reason they call it the American Dream is because you have to be asleep to believe it. -- George Carlin