Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
GOG.com Allows Cross-platform Multiplayer With Steam
http://www.tomshardware.com/news/gog-gal...29045.html
Cue lawsuit by Valve for threatening Steam's monopoly in 10, 9, 8, 7...
Valve hater, Nintendo hater, Microsoft defender, AMD hater, Google Fiber hater, 4K lover, net neutrality lover.
(05-05-2015, 11:29 PM)SteelCrysis Wrote: http://www.tomshardware.com/news/gog-gal...29045.html
Cue lawsuit by Valve for threatening Steam's monopoly in 10, 9, 8, 7...

Wow, that GOG site brings back a lot of memories
I'm serious, this is going to end badly. One of the cornerstones of the Steam monopoly is that people have invested too much socially to leave it. Leave Steam, and all of your friends? No one's going to do that. But GOG Galaxy will allow people to play with their Steam friends without needing Steam. Gaben publicly threw a tantrum when the Windows 8 App Store posed an mere alternative to Steam. GOG Galaxy actually threatening Steam's monopoly will bring down a lawsuit. Who's going to win, Valve with their billions, or GOG whose gross revenue is likely so small that Gaben wipes his ass with it?
Valve hater, Nintendo hater, Microsoft defender, AMD hater, Google Fiber hater, 4K lover, net neutrality lover.
(05-06-2015, 05:30 AM)SteelCrysis Wrote: I'm serious, this is going to end badly.  One of the cornerstones of the Steam monopoly is that people have invested too much socially to leave it.  Leave Steam, and all of your friends?  No one's going to do that.  But GOG Galaxy will allow people to play with their Steam friends without needing Steam.  Gaben publicly threw a tantrum when the Windows 8 App Store posed an mere alternative to Steam.  GOG Galaxy actually threatening Steam's monopoly will bring down a lawsuit.  Who's going to win, Valve with their billions, or GOG whose gross revenue is likely so small that Gaben wipes his ass with it?

Have to wonder if Valve even cares about GOG dude. Those games are ancient. I can't see Gabe in court yelling, "Their Blake Stone player may not play with our Blake Stone player!".