Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
AMD Announces R9 300 Series Lineup
http://techreport.com/news/28231/officia...n-rebrands
I am not making this up.
Quote:The R9 380 has identical specs to the Tonga-powered R9 285, right down to its FreeSync support. The R9 360 also works with AMD's variable refresh tech, and based on the numbers, it appears to use the Bonaire GPU from the R7 260X. Between those two sits the R9 370, which is likely based on the Pitcairn chip from the R9 270 and HD 7800 series. That older GPU doesn't support FreeSync.

Variable refresh support is absent from the R7s shown above and from the ultra-low-end R5s that aren't worth listing. Everything is based on 28-nm fabrication, including the "new" mobile parts. Like the desktop stuff, the mobile Radeons look liked warmed-over versions of their predecessors.

Now, AMD does have something truly fresh waiting in the wings. The company confirmed today that a new desktop GPU is due this quarter with high-bandwidth memory, FreeSync support, and extra VR mojo. That product will probably fill out the high end of the 300 series. Thanks to TR regular SH SOTN for the tip.
Valve hater, Nintendo hater, Microsoft defender, AMD hater, Google Fiber hater, 4K lover, net neutrality lover.
I hope they get ripped a new one on AT VC&G for rebrands, just like the FanATIcs ripped into nvidia for g80/g92 rebrands.

In fact I think the original GCN - Tahita - aka 7970 has had more rebrands now than anything g80/g92 based. Will the one-eyed hypocrites at the other site acknowledge that and criticize AMD for it the same way they did nvidia though?! Lets just say I won't hold my breath waiting for it to happen.......
Adam knew he should have bought a PC but Eve fell for the marketing hype.

Homeopathy is what happened when snake oil salesmen discovered that water is cheaper than snake oil.

The reason they call it the American Dream is because you have to be asleep to believe it. -- George Carlin
AMD design meeting:

"Well, what are we going to call the 7970 this year?!"
Wow that's really bad news for AMD.
http://www.techpowerup.com/212332/amd-fi...mance.html
How is the R9 390X liquid cooled version going to cool its VRMs?!
[Image: 27a.jpg]
Valve hater, Nintendo hater, Microsoft defender, AMD hater, Google Fiber hater, 4K lover, net neutrality lover.
(05-08-2015, 04:22 AM)SteelCrysis Wrote: http://www.techpowerup.com/212332/amd-fi...mance.html
How is the R9 390X liquid cooled version going to cool its VRMs?!
[Image: 27a.jpg]

If they sell these at $600 I might buy one. Not paying Een-vee-dee-Ah/intel $1000 pricing for computer components any more.

Which is weird-

Have spent $120K on vehicles in the last two years, didn't think much of it. (replaced one that was a year old three months ago because I felt like it)

To spend $1000 on a GPU or CPU, just kind of rubs me wrong. Feels like wasting money even though I obviously am not frugal.