Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PowerColor Says Only 1% Of PC Gamers Run At 4K
http://www.powercolor.com/event/comingso.../index.htm
It's stated as part of a giveaway. Personally, I think it's crap. How is a GPU manufacturer able to determine how many gamers use a resolution? The Steam Hardware and Software Survey is totally unreliable for resolutions, because it didn't pick up the surge in Korean 1440p monitor sales.
Valve hater, Nintendo hater, Microsoft defender, AMD hater, Google Fiber hater, 4K lover, net neutrality lover.
This must be so heartbreaking for you.
Sounds about right to me, especially when you can take advantage of DSR for a near 4K experience on 1080p
Adam knew he should have bought a PC but Eve fell for the marketing hype.

Homeopathy is what happened when snake oil salesmen discovered that water is cheaper than snake oil.

The reason they call it the American Dream is because you have to be asleep to believe it. -- George Carlin
I find it hard to believe that DSR can even come close to 4k. I would have to see it to believe it. I'm sure it's no match for a native 4k resolution.
It is very impressive where performance allows for it and MSAA (preferably with a bit of SG:SSAA too).

You can read console text in Skyrim clearly @ 4k resolutions for instance.

It is good enough for me until decent 4K tv's/monitors get as cheap as decent 1080p tv's/monitors. Easily better than 2560x1600 (I can say that with confidence since I have an excellent 2560x1600 monitor I can compare to).
Adam knew he should have bought a PC but Eve fell for the marketing hype.

Homeopathy is what happened when snake oil salesmen discovered that water is cheaper than snake oil.

The reason they call it the American Dream is because you have to be asleep to believe it. -- George Carlin
My personal goal is for a 65" 4k TV for $500-600. I will probably be waiting for quite a while, at least for a few more years.
(05-24-2015, 10:53 PM)SickBeast Wrote: My personal goal is for a 65" 4k TV for $500-600. I will probably be waiting for quite a while, at least for a few more years.
You can't even get a 65" 1080p TV for anything close to your money goal unless it's on sale. Lower your expectations.
Valve hater, Nintendo hater, Microsoft defender, AMD hater, Google Fiber hater, 4K lover, net neutrality lover.
(05-25-2015, 12:35 AM)SteelCrysis Wrote:
(05-24-2015, 10:53 PM)SickBeast Wrote: My personal goal is for a 65" 4k TV for $500-600. I will probably be waiting for quite a while, at least for a few more years.
You can't even get a 65" 1080p TV for anything close to your money goal unless it's on sale. Lower your expectations.
A nice 65" 1080p samsung went on sale this weekend where I live for $1100. That's about $850usd. It's only a matter of time. Black Friday this year is going to be interesting.
You're getting closer to your dream, a 50" 4K TV has been announced at USD 598: http://hdguru.com/hisense-introduces-598...h-walmart/
(05-31-2015, 01:47 AM)SteelCrysis Wrote: You're getting closer to your dream, a 50" 4K TV has been announced at USD 598: http://hdguru.com/hisense-introduces-598...h-walmart/
Yup that's great news. Hisense makes great TVs as well. Does it have HDMI 2.0?

Black Friday this year is going to be very interesting.

Also, there was a 55" 4k TV on Amazon.ca here in Canada about a week ago that was selling for $698. That's about $550USD. It even had HDMI 2.0.
Yes, the article quotes Hisense as saying that it will have HDMI 2.0 and HDCP 2.2.
Very nice.
(05-31-2015, 11:34 PM)SickBeast Wrote: Very nice.

It will be very nice when a. there is content you don't have to look for b. fast 4K tvs above 70" and up get to a decent price.

We all have 55-65" tvs, 4K looks the same as 1080p at normal viewing distances on those sizes , so to get any real "bang for buck" we need BIG tvs.