Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What happened to the main ABT page?
OK, I was about to ask you guys what direction do you what it to go. I'll look into what software could be the new main page. I don't like the instability and difficulty of wordpress.

Edit: Wow, there are a ton of CMS apps now as alternatives to Wordpress.

I think the best bet is to test try to see which one works best.

You'll see a button on the main page like there is a new forum and old forum option when I load the software and I'll post here when done.
Cool, man. This is interesting.
Ok with science that the big bang theory requires that fundamental scientific laws do not exist for the first few minutes, but not ok for the creator to defy these laws...  Rolleyes
Yeah, That is great guys!!!

You know what else i was thinking about, it is pretty radical and different.

We all have drastically different HW and PCs. What if we could collaborate and create articles or charts from entirely different system builds? You know, there are many different gaming PXs out there and this could offer a wide variety of results from not only different cards but different PC builds.

We would have to find benchmarks and games, find easily repeatable runs on the games without built in benchmarks, and we collect each others results. No matter what they are. Then we put the data together, list the systems and make articles. Perhaps even a database.
It would a collection of work. We can let others join in without any issue, as long as we see their results as honest. I think it is a great way for a community to drive content on the site. And most PC builders love to see how they system performs, they love to compare and bench against others. But this is actually data which we will use on our main page.

Anyway, it might be a lot of work but i would love to hear what you guys think. We just need to start with one app/game at a time. Perhaps start a thread about that game/app which we work out how we are collecting the data. Settings and specific scene or run. Then, we tally up results on the OP. We can try multiple settings/scenes of the same game for more data.

Since we are benchmarking systems, resolution will just be your native. We want to have results from different builds, it will be completely unlike anything out there. See, people can project using our data. I think it could be interesting and attract others to contribute their systems results. If two people have almost the same system and have different results, we can go in depth as to why. Is it their memory/timings? Overclocks? Whatever.

Ultimately, i think we have a site we can build. I like the idea of the people creating the content. Thinking in those lines, perhaps there is other things we can come up with. This was just something i was thinking, sounds pretty cool to me.

What do you guys think? Got any other ideas?
OK, first one will try is Processwire

It has 5 out of 5 stars

There is a new link on the main page menu

Edit: What do you guys think of this ProcessWire Software before I start configuring it.
What do you guys think of this ProcessWire Software before I start configuring it?
It looks easy and basic enough for the rookie, with an easy learning curve. Intriguing.
Ok with science that the big bang theory requires that fundamental scientific laws do not exist for the first few minutes, but not ok for the creator to defy these laws...  Rolleyes
I have a raging summer cold but have to work tonight. I don't think I'll be working on the new main page for a bit.
Take emergency Vitamin C packets found at any convenience store (for like $1 each) - and just breathe it out rather than blowing your nose too hard which puts too much pressure on the sinus glands. "Let the air breathe you.. hard", haha.
Vitamin C and Echinacia, 1 tablet of each 3 times daily. Works wonders for keeping colds at bay.
Adam knew he should have bought a PC but Eve fell for the marketing hype.

Homeopathy is what happened when snake oil salesmen discovered that water is cheaper than snake oil.

The reason they call it the American Dream is because you have to be asleep to believe it. -- George Carlin
The main page is down! :(
I was away for the weekend and now at work, I'll when I get home in the morning.
Hey Dave now that you have the forum instead of the main page, what are you going to do with all the old articles? Are you not going to preserve them as some type of archive?
(09-13-2015, 05:30 AM)SickBeast Wrote: Hey Dave now that you have the forum instead of the main page, what are you going to do with all the old articles?  Are you not going to preserve them as some type of archive?

You can still get to the old wordpress section:

Link to old AlienBabeltech articles

Old AlienBabelTech Wordpress article section
Thanks very much, Dave. Smile
12-10-2015

A new version of Wordpress to check out

The WordPress.com desktop app for Windows is here

Bloggers take note. Automattic just released a WordPress.com desktop app for Windows. In a company blog post, they promise the app is “simple, seamless, and blazingly fast.” Back in November, Automattic released a revamp of their web interface along with a desktop app for Mac and said that Windows and Linux counterparts would be coming soon. And really, it shouldn’t just be bloggers paying attention to this since WordPress accounts for up to a quarter of the Web.

The app functions like the website but gives the option of working straight from your desktop. You can manage multiple sites, publish posts, customize the appearance, and keep track of stats. The app is for WordPress.com sites as well as self-hosted WordPress sites (as long as you have the Jetpack plugin up and running.)

Here’s a full list of what the app includes:

The My Sites dashboard for managing multiple sites, whether WordPress.com or self-hosted WordPress with Jetpack.

The new WordPress.com Editor, with in-app previewing and draft auto-saving.

The Reader, which lets you follow and read any of your favorite sites, and the all-new Discover, which recommends outstanding content from across all of WordPress.

Insights and Stats, which show you exactly how your site and posts are performing.

In-app notifications, so you can see comments, likes, and new follows all in one place.

The app is free to download here.
pretty cool
Thanks Dave for the heads up.. nice - I might find it handy soon.
It's a horrible download website. It's only a 46mb file and the most I have been able to get to was 14.6mb and the download keeps failing so I have not been able to get the file yet.