Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gsync dirt cheap
I just got one of these for 300$.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.as...-_-Product

There are refurbs on amazon for $349. No shipping, no tax, just straight from asus $349

I have been looking at gsync monitors for a few weeks now. None of them were exactly what I wanted. But this one is so dirt cheap, I could not pass it up.
How did you get a 700$ monitor for 300$? New?

lucky bastard!
I know a guy who knows a guy........
I shouldn't say. But I found out these monitors are much cheaper on amazon, 450-500$.

Asus has several refurbs they were selling directly. Supposedly there are many that are just repackaged, they got inspected and repackaged. I can't say all of them were repackaged though, I don't know.

Mine is supposed to be new, never used but it was sold to me as a refurb. It is directly from asus. I was also pointed in the direction of the amazon refurbs for 349. There is only supposed to be a few and they are supposed to be retested and repackaged.

I probably said too much, but who is gonna read this dead forum?

90days should be enough time to see if there is something wrong with the monitor. I may have been fed a load of crap, but for 300 bucks, I don't think it is too risky. I know the refurbs are real, and I am getting one. We will see how it goes

I just checked, there is only a few. That part checked out. 7 according to amazon
(05-30-2015, 07:02 AM)ocre Wrote: I probably said too much, but who is gonna read this dead forum?  

Could be worse. This site has a web traffic ranking of 1,100,000.

Babeltechreviews is at 3,800,000.

I'm kind of amazed there are apparently almost 4 million websites more popular than Babeltechreviews, wouldn't think there would be that many websites.

Apoppin has set getting ahead of these guys as his ten year goal:

http://marc.merlins.org/mirrors/stuntaz/
If you want to discuss apoppin and BTR, do it at BTR, not here!

I notice the obsession you claim not to have with apoppin still continues......

Better yet, start your own site and see if you can get in front of ABT & BTR.
Adam knew he should have bought a PC but Eve fell for the marketing hype.

Homeopathy is what happened when snake oil salesmen discovered that water is cheaper than snake oil.

The reason they call it the American Dream is because you have to be asleep to believe it. -- George Carlin
(05-30-2015, 06:37 PM)RolloTheGreat Wrote:
(05-30-2015, 07:02 AM)ocre Wrote: I probably said too much, but who is gonna read this dead forum?  

Could be worse. This site has a web traffic ranking of 1,100,000.

Babeltechreviews is at 3,800,000.

I'm kind of amazed there are apparently almost 4 million websites more popular than Babeltechreviews, wouldn't think there would be that many websites.

Apoppin has set getting ahead of these guys as his ten year goal:

http://marc.merlins.org/mirrors/stuntaz/

I just want to say.......................

hahaha.

lmfao, THAT LINK!!!!!!!

that is funny, the best laugh all day

Quote:Yo... check out Blade's phat Eclipse, he be dippin' up in your neighborhood so watch yo azz
Quote:"Yo mom'z, can you come pick us up?" Naw hell no, we be blingin' on the cellies with some girlies.
Quote:You really think y'all are as fly as us? Don't step. We are Rap starz blowin up in the 2G+2.

Where in the hell did you find these guys?
Rollo, is there something you need to tell us?

hahahahahahaha
(05-30-2015, 11:13 PM)ocre Wrote: Where in the hell did you find these guys?  
Rollo, is there something you need to tell us?

hahahahahahaha

I can't take credit for Icey Hot Stuntaz, I saw a link to their site on one of the tech forums years ago. They were hilarious enough that I've remembered them since.

It's been long enough ago the Stuntaz are probably working at WalMart now, remembering the "good old days" when they pretended to be rap stars and got some head from girls who now work with them at WalMart.

EDIT: And I stand corrected. At least one of the Stuntaz is still rapping:

http://knowyourmeme.com/memes/the-icy-hot-stuntaz

The "B-Shoc Tour", coming soon to a small town church near you:

http://www.b-shoc.com/tour.html

Wow, 2001 they disbanded. LOL, I am freaking OLD.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CUIE2hOrnfE

The Stuntaz makin' some def jams.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JlXAeJ9sRcs

B-Shoc in more recent times
I was gonna update this thread.

I didnt get the acer for $300. Although it was supposed to be new (as in never owned by anyone), i would have to pay shipping and have the huge issues in warranty if anything was wrong. I would have to go through another person, send it to them and they send it in...bla bla bla. I was thinking, what about dead pixels or the terrible bleed that some of this screens have after people get them home.

I decided to just go thru Acer myself, I got one of the refurbs off amazon for $349. It only comes with 90days warranty but i think this is far better than having to go thru another person if there happens to be an unfortunate issue. It is free shipping and no taxes and 15day return if i just decided i hate it or whatever. That wouldnt be available to me id i went the other route. The monitor would have been from those refurbs anyway.

Hopefully I get one of the good ones. It matters little though cause if something isnt right or it is a terrible worn screen, i am sending it right back.

I trust my friend, i just know how shipping is and there is no way i want to involve another person if there is something that goes wrong.

Anyway, i was rethinking all this and i got a sign from god......
my stupid LG montor from like 2004-05 went black just two days ago. It was my secondary 1680x1050 panel, my 1080p got knocked off the desk months ago (my toddler nephew).
This left me with only my samsung TV and a Hanns G from 2008 (HG216D). It is also a 1680x1050 and was a mediocre HDMI panel.

I kind of pushed off gsync for awhile. I was looking for the perfect gsync and none of them were exactly what i wanted. But $349, i think its a no brainer because now i actually need a monitor. I have been thinking of 3D vision but the 1440p monitors would be hard to push with a single 980 OC.
I dont know if i wanted to buy another 28nm graphics card but a 1440p would push me in that direction for sure.

I guess I may be justifying but its done now. I have talked to several people with 144hz panels and they say there is no going back. I only have owned 60hz panels. So this will be a huge change for me. This may have been the best route till pascal. See, when looking at gsync monitors, i never gave this one much mind. But now, it makes a lot of sense for a person with a gtx980.
(05-30-2015, 06:46 PM)gstanford Wrote: If you want to discuss apoppin and BTR, do it at BTR, not here!

I notice the obsession you claim not to have with apoppin still continues......

Better yet, start your own site and see if you can get in front of ABT & BTR.

Just so I know because I've been away for a while. You now run this site, and we are not allowed to talk about Apoppin or BTR? Or is this post some kind of joke I'm not getting?
The only reason he's a mod is because Dave's attempt to make me a mod failed due to misconfiguration, preventing me from doing my job of purging spambots. No hard feelings.
Valve hater, Nintendo hater, Microsoft defender, AMD hater, Google Fiber hater, 4K lover, net neutrality lover.
(06-02-2015, 06:58 AM)SteelCrysis Wrote: The only reason he's a mod is because Dave's attempt to make me a mod failed due to misconfiguration, preventing me from doing my job of purging spambots.  No hard feelings.

Ask Dave to try again. a 2nd spam mod would be useful, I cannot monitor the forums all the time, and I'm certainly not jealously guarding my position as a mod, I'm doing it now because Dave asked me to.

As for Rollo, it has to do with when he first arrived on the new forum and his attacking of BTR and apoppin then.

Like I said in what you quoted, Rollo needs to put his money where his mouth is and walk the walk by building a better and more successful website than apoppin instead of just talking the talk.
Adam knew he should have bought a PC but Eve fell for the marketing hype.

Homeopathy is what happened when snake oil salesmen discovered that water is cheaper than snake oil.

The reason they call it the American Dream is because you have to be asleep to believe it. -- George Carlin
(06-02-2015, 07:26 AM)gstanford Wrote: Like I said in what you quoted, Rollo needs to put his money where his mouth is and walk the walk by building a better and more successful website than apoppin instead of just talking the talk.

You won't be seeing that anytime soon.

I have real financial needs (like a son to put through college) can't be wasting my time trying to build a web site.
(06-02-2015, 06:46 AM)happy medium Wrote: Just so I know because I've been away for a while. You now run this site, and we are not allowed to talk about Apoppin or BTR? Or is this post some kind of joke I'm not getting?

I think gstan was just being bossy. He says a lot of stuff but he hasnt abused his mod powers yet. We dont have censorship here, other that bots and spammers.

(06-02-2015, 07:26 AM)gstanford Wrote: As for Rollo, it has to do with when he first arrived on the new forum and his attacking of BTR and apoppin then.

Like I said in what you quoted, Rollo needs to put his money where his mouth is and walk the walk by building a better and more successful website than apoppin instead of just talking the talk.

It really wasnt like that.
Rolllo didnt just start attacking apoppin. It is a long story, a lot of it exist on the old forum but its probably not worth your time. Its was just a bunch of pointless drama.

I think gstanford is trying to be respectful and there really is no more point in the bickering. I too think we should all move on.

Apoppin put the abt in his rear view and it is done.
So, the monitor came in.

As far as I can tell, and I have looked pretty good, it hasn't been used.

The original plastic film, no dents, scratches or blemishes.

Had a few hours and I am very pleased. The colors are great, uniform and gsync is great. in gta 5, frame rates in the 30s are smooth. what is more impressive is that it feels like you are running at hugher frame rates, much higher. gta 5 can jump from 60s to 80s and the 50s to 30s, this really happens depending on where you drive and hiw much ultra grass there is, gsync, and u have no clue. it just feels consistant and responsive. i cranked the settings up and the situation changes dramatically in low 30s to hugh 20s. it is completely different 32fps and up.

Tomarrow, I will give a better run down on it.