Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Broadwell iGPU Performance Is Through The Roof
http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/inte...169-6.html
Say goodbye to the last justification for an APU.
[Image: 15-IGP-Half-Life-2.png]
[Image: 14-IGP-Bioshock-Infinite.png]
[Image: 17-IGP-GTA-V.png]
Valve hater, Nintendo hater, Microsoft defender, AMD hater, Google Fiber hater, 4K lover, net neutrality lover.
Hopefully skylake will be even better.
Holy crap.

Say goodbye to AMD.
AMD did a great job with CONfusion didn't they. 5.4 billion squandered on ATi of all companies, and for what?!
Adam knew he should have bought a PC but Eve fell for the marketing hype.

Homeopathy is what happened when snake oil salesmen discovered that water is cheaper than snake oil.

The reason they call it the American Dream is because you have to be asleep to believe it. -- George Carlin
The worst news for AMD is that the fury x is not as fast as the GTX 980ti.
(06-02-2015, 11:25 PM)SickBeast Wrote: The worst news for AMD is that the fury x is not as fast as the GTX 980ti.
Got any source?

Anyway, the bad news keeps coming for APUs: http://www.anandtech.com/show/9320/intel...i5-5765c/7
[Image: 74938.png][Image: 74939.png][Image: 74940.png][Image: 74942.png][Image: 74944.png]
Valve hater, Nintendo hater, Microsoft defender, AMD hater, Google Fiber hater, 4K lover, net neutrality lover.
http://wccftech.com/amd-radeon-r9-fury-f...tx-980-ti/
(06-03-2015, 12:13 AM)SickBeast Wrote: http://wccftech.com/amd-radeon-r9-fury-f...tx-980-ti/

AMD p3wnd.

Although this is actually GREAT news for us in that the status quo of AMD having to sell at lower prices.

Want better drivers, better multi, more game support? Pay more for NVIDIA.

Want fast performance on the cheap? AMD
It's very bad for them though. They needed a win badly.
(06-03-2015, 03:51 AM)SickBeast Wrote: It's very bad for them though. They needed a win badly.

No doubt.

The Big Boss at AMD: "So, Smithers, are things on track to sell the Fury X for $800 and undercut those $1000 card posers?"

Smithers: "About that sir, it seem NVIDIA has released a faster card than the Fury X and priced it at $650.. Our performance level demands a $549 price point, and between the new type of RAM and the water coolers, we're going to be making about $3.87 per unit at that price point."

The Big Boss at AMD:"NVIDIA! DAMN YOU TO HELLLLLL!!!!! Oh well, at least we have our powerful new APUs to fall back on!"

Smithers: "About that sir. Intel produced a CPU that spanks our low end graphics cards, and totally embarrasses our APUs"

The Big Boss at AMD: "Sigh, alright call back Hamilton Beach and tell them we'll take that contract to build APUs for their bread makers and toaster ovens."

Smithers: "Yes sir. Shall I shut the door, sir?"

The Big Boss at AMD: "Yes Smithers, and turn off the lights please."
When is their new cpu architecture coming out? This year?

It's a shame someone like Nintendo can't just buy out AMD.
(06-03-2015, 04:53 AM)SickBeast Wrote: When is their new cpu architecture coming out? This year?

It's a shame someone like Nintendo can't just buy out AMD.

2016 for next gen AMD, they are going for the record of longest time between releases.

I wonder if 980Ti plus the Broadwell GPU bad assery basically amounts to NVIDIA and intel saying, "We tire of your shenanigans AMD, good day."?
This is what happens when you don't spend properly on R&D and also rely on old inferior products for your revenue stream.

Homeopathy is what happened when snake oil salesmen discovered that water is cheaper than snake oil.

The reason they call it the American Dream is because you have to be asleep to believe it. -- George Carlin
(06-03-2015, 09:18 AM)gstanford Wrote: This is what happens when you don't spend properly on R&D and also rely on old inferior products for your revenue stream.

Yet you will still see guys online talking about Visheras as a good choice for gaming in 2015. :s
Just check out AMD Fiji threads on large forums.

The die hard AMD advocates outnumber everyone 8 to 1.
They all came out and it got real messes once the news of a slower Fiji came out.
(06-03-2015, 10:16 PM)ocre Wrote: Just check out AMD Fiji threads on large forums.

The die hard AMD advocates outnumber everyone 8 to 1.
They all came out and it got real messes once the news of a slower Fiji came out.

I'm amused by their "There will be a Pro card that is a cheaper/slower than 980Ti, an XT card that is faster, and a VR version that is dual core.

If that turns out to NOT be the case (and AMD shipping 3 versions of Fiji next month seems highly unlikely to me) it would be fun to quote them and ask,"So did AMD give you this misinformation? Or did you make it up on your own?".

Here's my guesstimate:

Fiji launches 10% slower than 980Ti, with $549. MSRP.

Advocates switch tune to "It's good enough" and "At least AMD isn't crazy expensive!".

Which will basically be true, but not the smack down they were hoping for after a year of posting "Get 85-90% of the framerate of a 980 for half the price!". Now they get to say "Get 90% of the power for 85% of the price!" because AMD needs cash, in a big way.
To be fair, the cards are not out yet. This is all based on rumours. For all we know AMD could be making this all up so they can catch nvidia off guard.
Rollo,

Hypothetically, would you say it is common for a company that is using undercover forum marketeers to give them leaks or info on unreleased products. Or are they mostly in the dark speculating just like everyone else.

Just your opinion on it
(06-04-2015, 06:35 AM)SickBeast Wrote: To be fair, the cards are not out yet. This is all based on rumours. For all we know AMD could be making this all up so they can catch nvidia off guard.

Why would they do that?

NVIDiA's cards are launched, there is nothing to gain but lost sales at this point leaking lower performance than they have.

(06-04-2015, 08:09 AM)ocre Wrote: Rollo,

Hypothetically, would you say it is common for a company that is using undercover forum marketeers to give them leaks or info on unreleased products.  Or are they mostly in the dark speculating just like everyone else.

Just your opinion on it

I can't say what AMD does.

I received parts and press kits as far as 2 months in advance, usually 2-3 weeks. I also received information.

Always had more info than "everyone else".

Occasionally I got to spill little bits of info that was not known, mostly I just skirted NDA by doing things like changing the rig in my sig to something like this if the part going to be released was badass:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-PzBOy3dvU

Or I'd post things like "This is NOT a good time to buy a card. I would wait."

Being in NVs focus group is basically the same as being press, I imagine it's the same with AMD.

I only knew one AMD CPU marketeer, he made it sound the same.
Ah yes, Rollo, your glory days. It feels nice to reminisce, doesn't it?

This time the AMD shills are completely crazy. They are not as smart as you are. Have you seen Atrena at AnandTech? It's sheer bedlam. He was telling people to pair a powerful discreet GPU with a Kabini CPU, it's just nuts. All that nonsense and he's allowed to continue unfettered over there. A few people retort what he says but he manages to somehow fly under the radar, it's unbelievable.

You at least were able to communicate effectively and you have a good sense of humor. These modern AMD trolls are an abomination. Actually AMD would do well to pay you as a troll, Rollo. Teach them how it's done. Tongue
(06-05-2015, 02:15 AM)SickBeast Wrote: Ah yes, Rollo, your glory days.  It feels nice to reminisce, doesn't it?

This time the AMD shills are completely crazy.  They are not as smart as you are.  Have you seen Atrena at AnandTech?  It's sheer bedlam.  He was telling people to pair a powerful discreet GPU with a Kabini CPU, it's just nuts.  All that nonsense and he's allowed to continue unfettered over there.  A few people retort what he says but he manages to somehow fly under the radar, it's unbelievable.

You at least were able to communicate effectively and you have a good sense of humor.  These modern AMD trolls are an abomination.  Actually AMD would do well to pay you as a troll, Rollo.  Teach them how it's done. Tongue

I'm living my "glory days" now, never been happier in my life.

I agree with what you say on the AMD Advocate hacks though- you can't fake personality or communication skills.

If I was AMD I would have scrapped the whole program and made me an "offer I couldn't refuse" long ago. I guarantee they would have gotten more "bang for buck" out of me than all those posers combined.

REALLY hard to find people who are good at this, I see the same thing in my real life when I'm interviewing people to be software trainers and support people. Not a lot of people have flair for speaking and writing, or a good sense of humor.

So you get a bunch of robot zombies- attack zombies in the shill brigade, benchmarking zombies in the review brigade.
Like we see now. They literally are crying cause people are not waiting for Fiji and buying the 980ti.
Hey ocre how's that crazy hexacore rig you built treating you? Is it running games well?
(06-05-2015, 04:43 AM)RolloTheGreat Wrote: REALLY hard to find people who are good at this, I see the same thing in my real life when I'm interviewing people to be software trainers and support people. Not a lot of people have flair for speaking and writing, or a good sense of humor.

So you get a bunch of robot zombies- attack zombies in the shill brigade, benchmarking zombies in the review brigade.

This is a good thing frankly (for consumers), makes shills and shoddy PR stand out and be easily recognised for what it is. People are less likely to be conned by it.

(06-05-2015, 09:31 AM)gstanford Wrote:
(06-05-2015, 04:43 AM)RolloTheGreat Wrote: REALLY hard to find people who are good at this, I see the same thing in my real life when I'm interviewing people to be software trainers and support people. Not a lot of people have flair for speaking and writing, or a good sense of humor.

This is a good thing frankly (for consumers), makes shills and shoddy PR stand out and be easily recognised for what it is.  People are less likely to be conned by it.

Awww, c'mon Gstanford! You KNOW you want to be persuaded by my glib tongue!

Angel