Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
R9 300 Series Prices Leaked
http://wccftech.com/amd-radeon-300-serie...ggressive/
Mind you, this is WTFTech who's saying that the R9 390X will be USD 389 and the R9 390 will be USD 329.
Valve hater, Nintendo hater, Microsoft defender, AMD hater, Google Fiber hater, 4K lover, net neutrality lover.
(06-09-2015, 05:31 AM)SteelCrysis Wrote: http://wccftech.com/amd-radeon-300-serie...ggressive/
Mind you, this is WTFTech who's saying that the R9 390X will be USD 389 and the R9 390 will be USD 329.

$389 is a WHOLE LOT OF MONEY for a rebranded, 8gb 290x.

We're used to $250-$300 for 290Xs and it's not like they're getting any newer?

Yeah, it's really not looking good.

I am blown away, how could the entire 300series be rebrands?
(06-09-2015, 12:29 PM)ocre Wrote: .....

Yeah, it's really not looking good.

I am blown away, how could the entire 300series be rebrands?

Something must have happened to change what the 390X was going to be.

Maybe the HBM memory isn't ready yet, maybe the Fiji chip couldn't be made profitably on 28nm.

Maybe it's a Bulldozer type situation where the gains on Fiji over 290X refresh don't justify lower profit margins.

Hard to say, but tough times to be an AMD Advocate for sure. Hawaii is 20 months old, and re-launching it won't be an easy sell for the AMD attack dogs. I used to be pretty good at brand promotion, and I don't know that I could pull this off. Those guys stink at brand promotion, and now they have nothing to work with but old tech at a lower price.
they have resorted to straight up attacking. They attack anyone who says anything negative, they gang up and have even got people banned........just for posting rumors they dont like. I never seen such viciousness.

They are just attack attack attack.
They are bashing hard nvidia users/buyers, anyone who says anything not positive when it comes to rebrands. They are redefining rebrand, now if the clock speed changes, it isnt a rebrand.

It is a pretty pathetic state. I just cant believe they got someone banned for posting links and rumors to talk about
(06-09-2015, 10:00 PM)ocre Wrote: they have resorted to straight up attacking.  They attack anyone who says anything negative, they gang up and have even got people banned........just for posting rumors they dont like.  I never seen such viciousness.  

They are just attack attack attack.  
They are bashing hard nvidia users/buyers, anyone who says anything not positive when it comes to rebrands.  They are redefining rebrand, now if the clock speed changes, it isnt a rebrand.  

It is a pretty pathetic state.  I just cant believe they got someone banned for posting links and rumors to talk about

It is pathetic, and I lived it for 8 years when I was in NV focus group.

They would follow me around, forum to forum, complain the mods and admins until they banned me. How do I know? I had friends among the mods and admins who told me and showed me their ways.

Karma is a bitch Advocates, and what ye sow ye shall reap.

It will be VERY funny if the 390X is the 290X.
http://videocardz.com/56205/amd-radeon-3...map-leaked
According to this leak, 300 series are going to be rebrands except for Fiji.
Valve hater, Nintendo hater, Microsoft defender, AMD hater, Google Fiber hater, 4K lover, net neutrality lover.
its not a rebrand if it has a 50mhz speed bump, havent you heard.
(06-10-2015, 11:46 AM)ocre Wrote: its not a rebrand if it has a 50mhz speed bump, havent you heard.

It's a refresh, like NVIDIA does 6 months after a release.

AMD just waits 20 months. Rolleyes