Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Apple Apparently Rejects Vulkan, Announces Metal Is Coming to OS X 10.11
http://www.extremetech.com/gaming/207767...o-the-curb
Apple has always the prophet of what is to come.  Goodbye, Vulkan.
Valve hater, Nintendo hater, Microsoft defender, AMD hater, Google Fiber hater, 4K lover, net neutrality lover.
(06-09-2015, 09:47 AM)SteelCrysis Wrote: http://www.extremetech.com/gaming/207767...o-the-curb
Apple has always the prophet of what is to come.  Goodbye, Vulkan.

Someone at Apple is going to get the boot for making the decision to put AMD 370x in the MacBook Pro.
geez, you really arent paying attention..............

Apple gave nvidia the boot cause of freesync, openCL, and they dont like nvidia's evil nature. I am not sure how they decided but it is official, apple dumped nvidia!!!
(06-10-2015, 11:52 AM)ocre Wrote: geez, you really arent paying attention..............

Apple gave nvidia the boot cause of freesync, openCL, and they dont like nvidia's evil nature. I am not sure how they decided but it is official, apple dumped nvidia!!!

I didn't say anything about NVIDIA. I'm surprised Iris Pro is not in the new MacBook Pro. I'd think it would have been the obvious choice.

But, NVIDIA's mobile GPUs do make the AMD 370X look like an antique, so it would also be correct to say MacBook Pro buyers paying top dollar are getting bargain basement graphics.

Wonder how the Apple faithful will react to getting the 3rd best choice?
A simpler way to put it would be:

Apple has always stood for "upscale".

AMD has always stood for "Dollar General". I think Apple might be surprised at the feedback they get for putting one of AMD's KMart Blue Light special GPUs in the flagship products.

AMD has not had "Best of the Best" associated with their brand since 2006, and even when they did, only about 25% the people bought it.

AMD has always been the "poor relative wanting stay a while and eat our food because they're running short, so they say it's been too long since they have seen us" of Silicon Valley.