Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
1 TB XBone Launches For USD 399
BryanW-

As you apparently work in the auto industry here:

If Yaris's and F150s were free, do you think 99/100 people would be driving F150s, or 100/100? (and remember, GStan lives in Australia so he won't be skewing the data)

I posted a link in another thread that said Ford makes 75% of their income on the F150, and I bet you're right that Yaris's are pocket change to Toyota. F150s are good business, Yaris's would take Toyota to bankruptcy.
Quote:Toyota quality is not what it used to be, and Ford's quality is enormously better now. Plus, Ford makes a disproportionate % of their income off of the F150, whereas Toyota makes Jack Squat on a Yaris. If I had to gamble on it, I'd predict that an average F150 built and sold today would last longer than an average Yaris. And I don't work for our Ford or Toyota stores, though I am very good friends with dealers from both. I just texted one of my Toyota friends with the following query: What vehicle do you think will last longer for one purchased today: F150 or Yaris? I can't wait to see reply.
Mine is a 2007 model and still as good as the day I picked it up from the dealership.

My money is on the Yaris outlasting F150. Toyota builds their vehicles to last basically forever. The american car-makers build their stuff to fail so you go purchase a new vehicle and keep putting money in their coffers.

Yaris is based off of Echo which was based off of Starlet, still plenty of both of them on the road.

(06-15-2015, 10:22 PM)RolloTheGreat Wrote: BryanW-

If Yaris's and F150s were free, do you think 99/100 people would be driving F150s, or 100/100? (and remember, GStan lives in Australia so he won't be skewing the data)

I posted a link in another thread that said Ford makes 75% of their income on the F150, and I bet you're right that Yaris's are pocket change to Toyota. F150s are good business, Yaris's would take Toyota to bankruptcy.

Problem is Rollo, Ford is pretty dependent on F150, Toyota is not as dependent on Yaris, they also have pickup trucks, corolla's, corona's, land cruisers, Rav4, etc etc. You name an auto segment, Toyota is there and doing well in it.
Adam knew he should have bought a PC but Eve fell for the marketing hype.

Homeopathy is what happened when snake oil salesmen discovered that water is cheaper than snake oil.

The reason they call it the American Dream is because you have to be asleep to believe it. -- George Carlin
Gstan, did you note the guy actually in the American auto industry posting:

A. No one with any means buys subcompact cars here
B. Tesla is a total fail, subsidized govt moochers
C. The F150 is a better car than a Yaris

Combined with all the stats I have posted, all I can say to you is "check mate". You've lost the debate.
(06-14-2015, 07:31 PM)gstanford Wrote:
Quote:Do you say you "know" people you've never spoken to?
No, I don't.

Quote:You are correct that I don't know anyone who drives a subcompact car, because a. the sentence above this one is true b. I'm in my freaking early 50s. In the USA, you don't stuff yourself into a tiny subcompact once you can afford a bigger car.
So you are saying that Toyota, Nissan, Suzuki, Mitsubishi, Mazda, Honda, KIA, Hyundia etc should all just close up their USA dealerships and go home because no americans ever purchase their cars and never have?!

You're fucking pathetic!

Way to have a mature discussion about cars.  I know that Rollo can bring out the worst in people, but he's more correct that you know I think in this case.  American manufacturers are struggling to meet their fuel economy targets not through lack of effort, but rather because Americans greatly prefer 15-20 mpg SUV/Trucks to things like...well, like the Yaris.

My Toyota buddy voted for the Yaris, I'm asking one of the Ford guys now haha

(06-15-2015, 09:19 AM)gstanford Wrote: Don't worry Rollo is only making himself look childish, not me.

In Australia we are even more dependent on cars than the USA is.  Take a look at a map of australia and the distances between major cities, not to mention the rural properties.

In spite of that small cars are a major success story here.  Australians probably own more cars per household than nearly anywhere else on the planet and keep them longer.

You will find a common theme of the past (getting less common now as small cars simply keep getting better and better and the old-fashioned buyers die out) is one large V6 or V8 vehicle and at least one small vehicle.

Nobody with any brains in their head commutes to and from work in a large vehicle unless that large vehicle is related to their work.  Why burn up your paycheck in fuels costs when you don't have to?!  Of course there are petrol heads, posers and "too-rich-to-care" types like Rollo that do anyway, there will always be exceptions.

Rollo's junk nissan in the video was obviously an abused vehicle (nissan bluebirds are a favorite cheap street racing car amongst petrol heads).  99.9% of vehicles sold to people who use cars responsibly and appropriately don't end up anything like that.

The Australian automotive manufacturing industry is shutting down entirely by 2017, the reason why is because hardly anybody wants to purchase the v6 and V8 large cars that they assemble at Ford and Holden (GM) anymore (Holden Commodore and Ford Falcon).  As for the factories that assemble asian cars locally, it is cheaper nowadays to close the plant down and have the vehicles built in Indonesia then shipped here.

Quote:Super Moderator Gstan switched it to cars in post #5
The fact that I happen to be a (spam) moderator here is completely and utterly irrelevant to the topic.  I never asked to be a moderator, Dave asked me to be one out of the blue.  I accepted in order to help ABT out.  It just so happens that Super Moderators are the only ones able to purge spammers, regular modship can't do that, and once again, late last week I simply logged into the forums and discovered that Dave had now made me (and SteelCrysis) a Super Moderator.

If you have problems with that, go cry to Dave.

I have a problem with your being rude/disrespectful to people on the forum, whether you are a super moderator or not.  Though, again, you certainly get the benefit of the doubt as I know how annoying Rollo can be (and I haven't had the pleasure of arguing with him in years).

(06-15-2015, 08:16 PM)gstanford Wrote: Yaris safety is absolutely fine except maybe for head on collisions.  Don't have "accidents" and it doesn't even matter.
http://usnews.rankingsandreviews.com/car...is/Safety/

I don't tow boats or go bush or cart motorcycles around.  If I did, I'd grab a Toyota pickup to do that.  It wouldn't replace the Yaris for regular everyday driving.

Your son would be able to fit all his sports gear into the Yaris without issue.

We have snowy winters here in Tasmania too - at Cradle Mountain and Mount Wellington primarily.  You could get Yaris to both locations in a snowy  winter with no trouble at all.

Don't know what you pay for fuel in the USA but here a liter (not a gallon, a liter) of E10 (unleaded plus 10% ethanol) costs $1.33 AU ($1.03 US).

As for your friends with the electric car, perhaps they chose a power company that generates power from Hydro or wind, maybe they also have solar panels on their houses.

Like Ocre said, you don't speak for most americans, certainly not the younger ones I would suggest.  You are firmly stuck in the 50's and 60's.  You say you are nearly 50, well I'm 47 and I see the world the way most young people see it, you are already in your rocking chair in front of a fireplace smoking a pipe remembering how it used to be back in the "good old days".

1.  Wow, you live in Tasmania, that's pretty cool.
2.  Yaris still sucks
3.  Fuel here in Texas is ~ $2.50 per gallon...so roughly 66 cents per liter.  It might be higher where Rollo lives, however.
4.  Have you ever actually tried driving the Yaris through heavy snow on Cradle Mountain or Mount Wellington?  That would likely prompt you to buy a truck...
5.  I know plenty of "younger Americans" who prefer trucks or SUV's.  It's more of a geographic issue than an age issue:  if you live in an urban environment then Yaris or other small car is pretty popular, but if you live outside the city limits then it's truck truck truck 90% of the time.

edit: Ok, answer from Ford dealer: "The Yaris of course... The parts will be used on small go karts for years after it dies on the road". HAHAHAHHAHAHA

(06-15-2015, 10:22 PM)RolloTheGreat Wrote: BryanW-

Well, you have to understand their markets.  Ford makes so much money off of F150 b/c they dominate the 2nd largest auto market in the world with it.  As it is also a growing market, they are wise to continue to invest billions into improvements so that they can maintain their market leadership.  Also, it doesn't hurt that the ASP is so high that they make a shit-ton on each one: a good rule of thumb is that for every new vehicle you buy, the manufacturer makes ~ 50% markup on the dealer invoice price.  IE, a $40k F150 makes Ford $20k when the sell it to the dealer, whereas a $15k Yaris makes only $7500 for Toyota.  Well, that would be the case if they had similar volume...however, Ford sells ~ 10x as many F150 as Toyota does the Yaris, so Ford might make more like 60% on the F150 and Toyota probably loses money (or barely mankes anything at all) on the Yaris.

As far as % of ownership, I'd say that where I live in Rural Texas you'd probably see 90% F150 and 10% Yaris if price/etc were identical.  In an urban environment in a "neutral" city...say some place like Las Vegas...probably more like 80/20 in favor of F150.  In LA or San Francisco though?  75/25 in favor of Yaris.

(06-15-2015, 11:10 PM)gstanford Wrote:
Quote:Toyota quality is not what it used to be, and Ford's quality is enormously better now.  Plus, Ford makes a disproportionate % of their income off of the F150, whereas Toyota makes Jack Squat on a Yaris.  If I had to gamble on it, I'd predict that an average F150 built and sold today would last longer than an average Yaris.  And I don't work for our Ford or Toyota stores, though I am very good friends with dealers from both.  I just texted one of my Toyota friends with the following query:  What vehicle do you think will last longer for one purchased today: F150 or Yaris?  I can't wait to see reply.
Mine is a 2007 model and still as good as the day I picked it up from the dealership.

My money is on the Yaris outlasting F150.  Toyota builds their vehicles to last basically forever.  The american car-makers build their stuff to fail so you go purchase a new vehicle and keep putting money in their coffers.

Yaris is based off of Echo which was based off of Starlet, still plenty of both of them on the road.

There are plenty of 8 year old vehicles from all of the "good" manufacturers that can make similar claims these days.  When I said that Toyota's quality had slipped, what I really should have said is "the other manufacturers are catching up to them".  Toyotas are actually more reliable today than they were 10 years ago; the problem is that Hyundai, GM, Ford, Kia, BMW, Mercedes, etc etc etc etc have all narrowed the gap considerably.  Even a "bad" or "unreliable" brand is, today, more reliable and longer-lasting than the old time Toyotas were.

I consider "good" to be a manufacturer with a significant presence in the US.  To name just a few Manufacturers off the top of my head (ie, not listing Lexus/Toyota/Scion individually)

Toyota
BMW
Hyundai
Ford
GM
Dodge
Kia
Honda
Nissan
Volkswagen
Subaru

None of the major Chinese/Indian/other companies are there yet.  I think that some will get there eventually, as well, but they are not there yet.

(06-15-2015, 11:42 PM)RolloTheGreat Wrote: Gstan, did you note the guy actually in the American auto industry posting:

A. No one with any means buys subcompact cars here
B. Tesla is a total fail, subsidized govt moochers
C. The F150 is a better car than a Yaris

Combined with all the stats I have posted, all I can say to you is "check mate". You've lost the debate.

Well, I later clarified on the subcompact car thing.  Probably 80-90% of average Americans across the entire country would buy the F150, but as I stated above, it all depends on where the buyer lives.  And Tesla isn't necessarily going to fail, their cars are actually pretty great.  It just owes all of its success thus far to govt subsidies (with an assist from OPEC's previous discipline in keeping oil prices high, which has lately disappeared).  Well, some of the success is due to the aura around Elon Musk, that dude is a transformative visionary.   He's probably the closest thing that we have to Steve Jobs these days.  F150 is light years better than Yaris though, you literally should never compare the 2.  And, of course, I can honestly say that I have NEVER had to sell any 1/2 ton truck, whether Ford/GM/Dodge/Toyota, against a Yaris or any other tiny car.  They are just completely different vehicles.
I live in WI, I think gas was $2.69/gallon last time I filled up.

In the Midwest, we see a lot of F150s/Silverado/Sierra/Ram. Yaris- not so much.

I'd also note that this is where the Big 3 build a lot of cars and are still based, and guys driving Toyota trucks aren't treated with friendly greetings and "Smart move buying a Toyota!".
(06-16-2015, 12:37 AM)RolloTheGreat Wrote: I live in WI, I think gas was $2.69/gallon last time I filled up.

In the Midwest, we see a lot of F150s/Silverado/Sierra/Ram. Yaris- not so much.

I'd also note that this is where the Big 3 build a lot of cars and are still based, and guys driving Toyota trucks aren't treated with friendly greetings and "Smart move buying a Toyota!".

I'm in San Antonio now, though we have operations all over Texas and I've worked at 5 of our stores, so I have a pretty good handle on the overall market here.  The current Toyota pickup isn't very good, though here it does pretty well b/c of the Tundra plant on the south side of town.  Overall, I would say that the Yaris is much more competitive for its class than the Tundra is.

I've only been to WI once.  It was early summer about 10 years ago, I went to Milwaukee for a wedding. I think that we stayed at the Iron Horse hotel, the weather was perfect and the trip was awesome. I'd like to go back one day.

I would say that Wisconsin would slant 90/10, or perhaps even more aggressively, towards the F150.  It might be 95/5 there.  At least down here we don't have to worry much about weather issues, we actually sell as many 2wd as 4wd trucks.

edit: I get a daily email from NADA. Look at what was in there today (I linked the text since the entire article is behind a paywall on the WSJ):

U.S. Auto Industry Develops a Weak Spot
Demand for bread-and-butter cars softens as gas prices fall

The U.S. auto industry is on a roll by most accounts, with industry volume sizzling and profits riding high on a SUV and pickup-truck boom. There is a weak spot, however. Retail demand for bread-and-butter passenger cars, such as the Toyota Camry and Chevrolet Cruze, has softened amid lower gasoline prices. This is leading high-volume auto makers to send more of these types of cars to rental car fleets, a practice that keeps production lines humming but can dent resale values and clip margins.
Source: The Wall Street Journal
(06-16-2015, 12:43 AM)bryanw1995 Wrote: I've only been to WI once.  It was early summer about 10 years ago, I went to Milwaukee for a wedding. I think that we stayed at the Iron Horse hotel, the weather was perfect and the trip was awesome.  I'd like to go back one day.

I never go somewhere else and think, "I wish lived here". If you like outdoor recreating we have a ton of it, and as a result, an $18.5b tourism industry. What is excellent about it is we have so many natural resources you can largely evade the tourists and enjoy them, often pretty much by yourself.

I don't have anything against imports, we may end up with a Subaru as our 3rd car when we give our son the Challenger later this year. (up here 4wd is a BIG deal)

Mostly I just disagree with Gstan saying the US market is like the Aussie market (it isn't), a Yaris is equal to a F150 (it's not), and the vehicles we drive belong on railroad tracks (they are more useful than a Yaris).
(06-16-2015, 03:40 AM)RolloTheGreat Wrote:
(06-16-2015, 12:43 AM)bryanw1995 Wrote: I've only been to WI once.  It was early summer about 10 years ago, I went to Milwaukee for a wedding. I think that we stayed at the Iron Horse hotel, the weather was perfect and the trip was awesome.  I'd like to go back one day.

I never go somewhere else and think, "I wish lived here". If you like outdoor recreating we have a ton of it, and as a result, an $18.5b tourism industry. What is excellent about it is we have so many natural resources you can largely evade the tourists and enjoy them, often pretty much by yourself.

I don't have anything against imports, we may end up with a Subaru as our 3rd car when we give our son the Challenger later this year. (up here 4wd is a BIG deal)

Mostly I just disagree with Gstan saying the US market is like the Aussie market (it isn't), a Yaris is equal to a F150 (it's not), and the vehicles we drive belong on railroad tracks (they are more useful than a Yaris).

Isn't he in Tasmania?  At a guess I would say that Tasmania isn't perfectly representative of the entire country...and, in fact, could be quite different.

Yaris doesn't look to be in the top 10 in Aus by the way, not sure if it's #11 or # 111 atm though.
(06-16-2015, 03:55 AM)bryanw1995 Wrote:
(06-16-2015, 03:40 AM)RolloTheGreat Wrote:

Isn't he in Tasmania?  At a guess I would say that Tasmania isn't perfectly representative of the entire country...and, in fact, could be quite different.

Yaris doesn't look to be in the top 10 in Aus by the way, not sure if it's #11 or # 111 atm though.

The fact the Toyota Corolla and Mazda 3 are duking it out for their top seller tells me Australia is very, very different from the USA.

http://www.carsguide.com.au/car-news/toy...X9Lt2fbLDc

Which has kind of been my point all along:

GStan says "Stack'em high and sell'em cheap" and "Keep It Simple Stupid" are universal sales principles that apply to our auto sales. (and that < $20K is his threshold for what he thinks popular cars sell for)

My position all along is that is the opposite of how American auto sales work, and what the American public wants.
Quote:I'm in San Antonio now, though we have operations all over Texas and I've worked at 5 of our stores, so I have a pretty good handle on the overall market here.  The current Toyota pickup isn't very good, though here it does pretty well b/c of the Tundra plant on the south side of town.  Overall, I would say that the Yaris is much more competitive for its class than the Tundra is.
What a load of crap!  Outside of the USA Toyota all but owns the pickup market and American pickups are virtually unheard of.  But then again you are based in good old red-neck, republican heartland Texas, I wouldn't expect you to say anything else, especially about Telsa given that Texas is one of the main states opposing direct sales/propping up dealerships!

Quote:The U.S. auto industry is on a roll by most accounts, with industry volume sizzling and profits riding high on a SUV and pickup-truck boom. There is a weak spot, however. Retail demand for bread-and-butter passenger cars, such as the Toyota Camry and Chevrolet Cruze, has softened amid lower gasoline prices.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Automotive...E2%80%9310
Quote:The automotive industry crisis of 2008–2010 was a part of a global financial downturn. The crisis affected European and Asian automobile manufacturers, but it was primarily felt in the American automobile manufacturing industry. The downturn also affected Canada by virtue of the Automotive Products Trade Agreement.

The automotive industry was weakened by a substantial increase in the prices of automotive fuels linked to the 2003-2008 energy crisis which discouraged purchases of sport utility vehicles (SUVs) and pickup trucks which have low fuel economy. The popularity and relatively high profit margins of these vehicles had encouraged the American "Big Three" automakers, General Motors, Ford, and Chrysler to make them their primary focus. With fewer fuel-efficient models to offer to consumers, sales began to slide. By 2008, the situation had turned critical as the credit crunch  placed pressure on the prices of raw materials.

Car companies from Asia, Europe, North America, and elsewhere have implemented creative marketing strategies to entice reluctant consumers as most experienced double-digit percentage declines in sales. Major manufacturers, including the Big Three and Toyota offered substantial discounts across their lineups. The Big Three faced criticism for their lineups, which were seen to be irresponsible in light of rising fuel prices. North American consumers turned to smaller, cheaper, more fuel-efficient imports from Japan and Europe.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Effects_of...commitment
Quote:On December 8, 2008, General Motors unveiled a new advertisement where the company apologized for disappointing and violating the trust of American consumers. They pledged to make a commitment to regain focus on core brands and away from pickups and SUVs, declaring they needed to make such an unfiltered statement "since quite a bit of media commentary has not kept pace with our actual progress to transform the company."

rollo Wrote:I never go somewhere else and think, "I wish lived here". If you like outdoor recreating we have a ton of it, and as a result, an $18.5b tourism industry. What is excellent about it is we have so many natural resources you can largely evade the tourists and enjoy them, often pretty much by yourself.
You would enjoy Tasmania if you visited. We have a great wilderness with tons of outdoor recreation opportunities if that is your thing (Tasmania is like a mostly sub-temperate mini Canada).

(I edited my post back to how it was originally written before SteelCrysis tampered with it).

Homeopathy is what happened when snake oil salesmen discovered that water is cheaper than snake oil.

The reason they call it the American Dream is because you have to be asleep to believe it. -- George Carlin
(06-16-2015, 09:30 AM)gstanford Wrote: What a load of crap!  Outside of the USA Toyota all but owns the pickup market and American pickups are virtually unheard of.  But then again you are based in good old red-neck, republican heartland Texas, I wouldn't expect you to say anything else, especially about Telsa given that Texas is one of the main states opposing direct sales/propping up dealerships!

Here he is right. People just don't buy foreign trucks in any numbers, never have. I don't know that GM/Ford/Dodge really try to market their trucks outside the US though, do they? You live in a place where the top selling cars are subcompacts, it would not seem wise for the Big 3 to promote much larger and more expensive cars there.

America has always had a love affair with cars, and here what a person drives is part of who they are and what they are perceived as. Right or wrong, a car in the USA has never been about getting from point A to point B- it's part of our freedom, a symbol of status, a means of recreation and a tool for it.

It's part of our culture.

The only reason anyone has heard of Tesla here is I believe one model is very fast, which is valued here. It will still never take off because part of the experience is the sound of a powerful engine. We have a huge industry of louder aftermarket exhausts, people pay good money just to make their vehicles louder.

(06-16-2015, 09:30 AM)gstanford Wrote: You would enjoy Tasmania if you visited. We have a great wilderness with tons of outdoor recreation opportunities if that is your thing (Tasmania is like a mostly sub-temperate mini Canada).

I don't doubt it, the only reason I don't visit is you are a LONG way from here. I don't do 2 week vacations because I value working 4.5 days per week above almost all else*, and that second week equals 10 weeks I can take a half day off.

*at least in the work world
You will find plenty of 4WD's and pickup trucks in Australia too, the 4WD generally as a bigger 2nd car, pickup trucks mainly because the person driving it requires it for work related purposes.

Traditionally the Ute has been the popular "pickup truck" for your average consumer in Australia, but the rise of the hatchback and the decline of the V6 and V8 has pretty much relegated the Ute to a young petrol-head's toy car nowadays. People who actually need to carry a lot of cargo regularly get a pickup truck, the rest find a hatchback carries 99% of what they need to occasionally haul.

A Ute is what I'd use if I wanted to go bush with a motorbike or go surfing etc.

[Image: 360px-HQ_Holden_Belmont_-_1.jpg]

[Image: 440px-2006_Holden_VZ_Ute_Thunder_S_01.jpg]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ute_%28vehicle%29

Quote:What a load of crap!  Outside of the USA Toyota all but owns the pickup market and American pickups are virtually unheard of.  But then again you are based in good old red-neck, republican heartland Texas, I wouldn't expect you to say anything else, especially about Telsa given that Texas is one of the main states opposing direct sales/propping up dealerships!

How many full-sized Tundras does Toyota sell overseas?  They probably sell a bunch of Tacomas.

Do you think that, just because I live in Texas, I am not knowledgeable about the rest of the automotive industry?  

Why are you insulting me?  Why are you painting all Texans with such a broad brush?  I'm a Libertarian if you must know, and my neck hasn't been red in 20 years.  You must be a very small man to think that one person out of 30 million shares the views of all of his peers...  I see Teslas on road in home town several times a week, I have nothing at all against the company or the technology, I just think that Musk is being foolish by trying to circumvent the dealership distribution model.  And YOU are being foolish by thinking that all Texans think or act the same way.  Texas has 4 million more people than your entire country, you'd be surprised at how many different cultures have a significant presence here.

I don't know if it's because you feel like you can be as big of a dick as you want on your little private forum, or some sort of personal failing, but I find your posting style rude and combative.  I'm not Rollo.  If anything, he's been the polite one in this thread.
Gstanford's insulting portion has been removed from his post. No further comment required. Everyone move along.
Valve hater, Nintendo hater, Microsoft defender, AMD hater, Google Fiber hater, 4K lover, net neutrality lover.
(06-17-2015, 01:37 AM)SteelCrysis Wrote: Gstanford's insulting portion has been removed from his post.  No further comment required.  Everyone move along.

Eh, I don't hold anything against Gstan. I did call his ride "Dollar General", albeit after he laid on the insults about American sensibilities pretty thick.

He's been angry with me a lot of years, didn't like the way I did the AEG/Focus Group thing. Thought I should be more Apoppin-esque, not so outspoken.
Someone else complained, I agreed with his objection.
Valve hater, Nintendo hater, Microsoft defender, AMD hater, Google Fiber hater, 4K lover, net neutrality lover.
SteelCrysis you were made a spam moderator by Dave. You have no right whatsoever to edit anybody elses post.

In the past Dave has removed moderator rights for those abusing the mod system like this and I will be strongly suggesting to him that that is what should happen with you as a result of tampering with my posts.

(06-17-2015, 08:44 AM)gstanford Wrote: SteelCrysis you were made a spam moderator by Dave.  You have no right whatsoever to edit anybody elses post.

In the past Dave has removed moderator rights for those abusing the mod system like this and I will be strongly suggesting to him that that is what should happen with you as a result of tampering with my posts.

It says he's a Super Moderator?

(and technically if what he removed is something like you calling me "f*cking pathetic" it would seem normal moderator type activity)
(06-17-2015, 01:37 AM)SteelCrysis Wrote: Gstanford's insulting portion has been removed from his post. No further comment required. Everyone move along.

I don't do the "Moderation" thing here. Only if something illegal and required by Officials.
(06-17-2015, 09:01 AM)RolloTheGreat Wrote:
(06-17-2015, 08:44 AM)gstanford Wrote: SteelCrysis you were made a spam moderator by Dave.  You have no right whatsoever to edit anybody elses post.

It says he's a Super Moderator?

(and technically if what he removed is something like you calling me "f*cking pathetic" it would seem normal moderator type activity)

Super Mod is the only option that purge spammer feature of the software works.
I removed "good old red-neck, republican heartland" as someone else reported the post it was in as insulting. I agreed, removed the offending section, and moved on.
(06-17-2015, 09:10 AM)SteelCrysis Wrote: I removed "good old red-neck, republican heartland" as someone else reported the post it was in as insulting. I agreed, removed the offending section, and moved on.

No editing.

If someone had an issue with what was wrote they don't have to look.
Very well.