Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
McDonald's closing U.S. locations
6-18-2015

McDonald's closing U.S. locations

The burger chain that put "supersize" into the American vernacular is slimming down: For the first time in more than 40 years, and perhaps ever, McDonald's says the number of U.S. restaurants it has is shrinking.

McDonald's is still growing globally. It plans to add about 300 restaurants to its worldwide total of more than 36,000.

[Image: e70a6b253384b41b790f6a70670016f7.jpg]
You know it's bad when even Mickey D's closes.
While you seem to be alleging some great economic depression is behind McDonalds slump, that's not what they attribute it to:

http://www.businessinsider.com/heres-whe...ong-2015-5

McDonalds is a hamburger chain from the 1950s.

A lot has changed since the 50s, and McDonalds has had trouble appealing to modern customers. They also face a LOT more competition because there are many more fast food franchises than in years gone by, and convenience stores also sell a variety of lunch items now.

Also, Americans view of MCDonalds as food they should eat has changed. People are a lot more calorie and ingredient conscious now. (which is good) I've dropped 24 pounds in the last 5 months just by stopping fast food for lunch (home made sandwich and vegetables instead) and switching most of my snacking to fruits/nut/beef jerky. I think people get that a Big Mac and large order of fries is not a healthy meal.
I've never understood why people like McDonalds in the first place. The taste is definitely nothing special and I'd only eat it if desperate. There are so many different fast food outlets offering better than this garbage if you must have fast-food in the first place. Personally I visit my local corner store, get a nice steak and onion grilled sandwich or flake and chips if I'm going to eat fast food.
Adam knew he should have bought a PC but Eve fell for the marketing hype.

Homeopathy is what happened when snake oil salesmen discovered that water is cheaper than snake oil.

The reason they call it the American Dream is because you have to be asleep to believe it. -- George Carlin
(06-18-2015, 11:04 PM)gstanford Wrote: I've never understood why people like McDonalds in the first place.  The taste is definitely nothing special and I'd only eat it if desperate.  There are so many different fast food outlets offering better than this garbage if you must have fast-food in the first place.  Personally I visit my local corner store, get a nice steak and onion grilled sandwich or flake and chips if I'm going to eat fast food.

This ^^