no HDMI 2.0 on Fury.
Tongue 
Man some people are pissed, I wonder if its actually gonna turn out true. Huh

http://www.techpowerup.com/213575/amd-fi...pport.html
http://www.legitreviews.com/amd-fiji-arr...ils_166515

ATF people are going ape shit! hahah..
http://forums.anandtech.com/showthread.php?t=2436256

http://forums.anandtech.com/showthread.p...937&page=3
It's just embarrassing. No excuse for not supporting a standard that's been out for a while now.
Valve hater, Nintendo hater, Microsoft defender, AMD hater, Google Fiber hater, 4K lover, net neutrality lover.
like I said in the other thread:

[Image: laughing%20pig.gif]
Adam knew he should have bought a PC but Eve fell for the marketing hype.

Homeopathy is what happened when snake oil salesmen discovered that water is cheaper than snake oil.

The reason they call it the American Dream is because you have to be asleep to believe it. -- George Carlin
(06-19-2015, 07:11 AM)SteelCrysis Wrote: It's just embarrassing.  No excuse for not supporting a standard that's been out for a while now.

AMDs cards of the future do not support the HDMI of the past.

You really have to wonder what they are thinking when they make choices like this.

http://www.cnet.com/news/hdmi-2-0-what-y...d-to-know/

HDMI 2.0 has been around almost two years.
Even with the adapters people are suggesting, you wont have sound. Sure, you can work around that too. But who wants to work around, work around, and work around?
(06-20-2015, 09:46 PM)ocre Wrote: Even with the adapters people are suggesting, you wont have sound.   Sure, you can work around that too.  But who wants to work around, work around, and work around?

That sort of thing is definitely a deal breaker for people with 4K. I can't fathom why AMD would do this, they really needed a home run with Fiji.

Like the Kitguru guys says, a product stack of 7970s and 290Xs is not going to sell.
The adapters aren't free, and as Ocre suggests, you won't have sound. Anything less than the "Fury" cards will only be marginally faster than 970 anyhow (and I'll bet nvidia addresses that with drivers soon). Doesn't sound like the cards will be much of a bargain once you purchase everything extra that should have been included on the card anyway.

Homeopathy is what happened when snake oil salesmen discovered that water is cheaper than snake oil.

The reason they call it the American Dream is because you have to be asleep to believe it. -- George Carlin
Bargain?

heck no. The real bargain is the 200 series and it has been for a long long time now.

I have this feeling that the 300 series will quickly start dropping in price. I dont think that people will be as fooled as AMD hopes they will
(06-21-2015, 08:56 AM)ocre Wrote: Bargain?

heck no.  The real bargain is the 200 series and it has been for a long long time now.

I have this feeling that the 300 series will quickly start dropping in price.  I dont think that people will be as fooled as AMD hopes they will

AMD Big Boss: How are sales of the new 380XT Supreme card going?

AMD Cube Rat: Not so well sir. It seems most people who wanted a 7970 have bought one over the last four years when we sold them as 7970s and then 280Xs.

AMD Big Boss: This is all your fault! The 380XT Supreme should be selling better than the 7970s or 280Xs ever did! It is for 4K gaming!

AMD Cube Rat: The press is saying that the 797...errrr...380XT Supreme does not handle 4K gaming any better than a 7970, sir.

AMD Big Boss: The answer is clearly to lay you off.
(06-20-2015, 10:23 PM)gstanford Wrote: The adapters aren't free, and as Ocre suggests, you won't have sound. Anything less than the "Fury" cards will only be marginally faster than 970 anyhow (and I'll bet nvidia addresses that with drivers soon). Doesn't sound like the cards will be much of a bargain once you purchase everything extra that should have been included on the card anyway.

I think someone told you.... never mind. Yea I bet Nvidia 's ready to pounce on AMD 's Fury party before the 24th with some killer drivers also. and mabe a gtx960ti also.
nobody told me anything.

The AMD shills at anandtech VC&G were crowing about how 970 has now been dethroned and AMD is better value. They forgot to factor in the price of things like HDMI 2.0 adators in their haste to crown their new king.

(06-22-2015, 08:46 AM)happy medium Wrote:
(06-20-2015, 10:23 PM)gstanford Wrote: The adapters aren't free, and as Ocre suggests, you won't have sound.  Anything less than the "Fury" cards will only be marginally faster than 970 anyhow (and I'll bet nvidia addresses that with drivers soon).  Doesn't sound like the cards will be much of a bargain once you purchase everything extra that should have been included on the card anyway.

I think someone told you.... never mind. Yea I bet Nvidia 's ready to pounce on AMD 's Fury party before the 24th with some killer drivers also. and mabe a gtx960ti also.

It wouldn't surprise me if Apoppin leaks info through GStan.

As far as 960s go, that also wouldn't be too shocking.

NVIDIA has been making 980/970 vanilla almost a year. Are they going to have a LOT of chips that they can make into something between a 960 and a 970? Probably, and such a chip would definitely make the re-tread AMD stack look all the more sad.
rollo Wrote:It wouldn't surprise me if Apoppin leaks info through GStan

[Image: ROFLMAO.gif]

Strangely enough..............

I just got a new driver!!!!!
(06-23-2015, 08:57 AM)ocre Wrote: Strangely enough..............

I just got a new driver!!!!!

For what card?
yes, nvidia just released a driver to support the new batman Arkham Knight game.

http://www.geforce.com/drivers/results/86504
Quote:Just in time for the highly anticipated title Batman: Arkham Knight this new GeForce Game Ready driver ensures you'll have the best possible gaming experience. With support for GeForce SLI technology and one-click game setting optimizations within GeForce Experience, you'll have the best possible performance and image quality during gameplay.

Game Ready
Best gaming experience for Batman: Arkham Knight, including support for SLI Technology and GeForce Experience 1-click optimizations