Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Warner Bros. Halts Sales of AAA Batman PC Game Over Technical Problems
6-25-2015

Warner Bros. Halts Sales of AAA Batman PC Game Over Technical Problems

[i]Batman: Arkham Knight, was released a couple days ago, users who bought the PC version of the game found it [/i]suffered from crippling performance issues.

Now, publisher Warner Bros [i]ihas made an official statement in the community forums saying they were discontinuing PC sales[/url] until quality issues can be sorted out. [/i]

Gamers and journalists are using it as a rallying point to[i]
encourage people to stop pre-ordering games, as it rewards studios for releasing broken content.[/i]

[url=http://www.destructoid.com/the-arkham-knight-pc-port-proves-yet-again-that-only-suckers-pre-order-294712.phtml]
Looks like x86 consoles aren't stopping the issue of bad console ports to PC.
Valve hater, Nintendo hater, Microsoft defender, AMD hater, Google Fiber hater, 4K lover, net neutrality lover.
can you believe they out sourced the porting? A third party!!!!

hahaha

Yeah, but you better bet this will all be blamed on gameworks
http://www.maximumpc.com/batman-arkham-k...ppearance/
This bullshit would never happen if PC gaming was really enjoying a golden age like we're constantly told.
Quote: It looks like the developers working frantically to fix various issues in the PC version of Batman: Arkham Knight have made some good progress. How do we know? Someone at WB Games screwed up and made the patch available on Steam to those who opted into the game's beta. Oops!

Several players were able to download and apply the patch before WB Games realized its mistake and removed it. Another patch took its place, which essentially wiped out the original one and caused some crashing issues for users, though some were able to continue using the original patch.

Here's what some of them had to say about it.
  • Running butter-smooth for me.
  • OMG thanks! It worked.
  • Holy...wow. Just opted into the beta patch. EVERYTHING maxed, all Gameworks settings on. 4GB used out of 6GB (980 Ti). Constant 60fps. I think I might've dropped to 55 once when driving but it's butter smooth.
  • This gave me awesome performance. I'm getting 60fps 95 percent of the time, and CrossFire is even enabled with this patch and the 15.8 drivers (though some strange flickering with AA on).
Valve hater, Nintendo hater, Microsoft defender, AMD hater, Google Fiber hater, 4K lover, net neutrality lover.
What, because of one bad port you're giving up on PC gaming? Come on. The consoles completely suck compared to current PCs.
No, I'm saying the gladhanders are totally wrong because WB yanked the patch even though it greatly improved the game's performance. That's bullshit.
Obviously there is a reason, the patch isnt quiet ready. I mean come on!!!

Warner Brothers pulled the game off the shelves, the sooner they get this fixed the better. I am glad they are fixing this game like this. Perhaps they want it to be as perfect as possible.
After the utter disaster that was the Arkham Knight release, WB owes this improved patch to the fans.  Gaming companies like Razer have done much more costly things to benefit their fans after they made mistakes.
WB absolutely needed to fix the game. What i commend them for is pulling it off the shelf.

theu fucked up on epic proportions but they stepped up and done something no other studio has done. That took some balls and it most likely cost them massive PC sales.

The game is great, i like it. It has ran ok for me all along. Maybe it is my HW, the gtx 980, gsync, and a 6core clocked over 4 ghz......but my platform is older.

The game launched with a frame cap of 30fps. No joke. The cap is there because the terrible job done by studio responsible for porting this game. They had major stutter issues and just locked the game at 30fps to try to cover it up. It does do the trick on my PC, the game plays alright. But if i wanted 30fps experiences, i would buy a new console. The cap may have covered up the hitching and stutter but gaming at 30fps is not enjoyable to PC gamers.

I have edited the config file and unlocked the fps lock. And wow, does the fps soar in that game. Problem is, you will be at 100fps one second and dive bomb to the ground to experience huge sways from 50fps to 90fps. Its inconsistent and a mess, gsync cant smooth it out. Its just way to erratic, especially while driving the bat mobile.

So unlocked frame cap breaks the game for me and 30fps is too low. 60fps was fine everywhere but driving. But i found the game to play well enough with 45fps frame cap. With gsync, it seems very responsive but i imagine not many people have gsync. I do still get the occasional microstutter here and there but its not breaking the experience.

The game is pretty fun though. Me and the kids like it a lot. So, its a shame that WB had dropped the ball so much. I cant wait till they fix it because it is a good game.
http://www.maximumpc.com/at-long-last-ba...rns-to-pc/
The game is coming back, and anyone who orders it by November 16 will get other Batman games for free.
My kids and i really really like this game.

Its a nice breath of fresh air, especially after Origins
http://techreport.com/news/29256/report-...c-deserves
And it still has issues. Further proof that PC gaming is not in a golden age, and that PC gaming is still a second class citizen.
(10-30-2015, 10:05 PM)SteelCrysis Wrote: http://techreport.com/news/29256/report-...c-deserves
And it still has issues. Further proof that PC gaming is not in a golden age, and that PC gaming is still a second class citizen.

We are in a golden age of PC hardware. I can remember contemplating upgrades just to get games to RUN.

Playing 4K with GSync on a $1500 box is pretty good stuff. When kids come over and watch my son play they're amazed at how sharp and smooth the image is. $330 for a 4790K? $650 for a 980Ti?

I've paid $600 for a LOT of cards that could not run almost every game at 1600p without breaking a sweat.
It's a load of shit.

My computer isn't exactly top of the line, the game runs just fine. That is with everything maxed out. There is no sensational story here.

I have read so much bs when it comes to this game, like claims there aren't rain textures on the PC...just non stop hate.

I actually was gonna recommend it, me and my kids really have a blast playing it. As much as I liked mad max, this batman game is just a lot more fun. I know WB fumbled out of the gate with this one but they have done a lot of commendable things.

The game is 14 bucks on cdkeys.com, you guys should check it out.
http://www.tomshardware.com/news/wbgames...30464.html
Now they're outright admitting that the game has issues they can't fix.
That statement was made days ago. I was thinking SLI and crossfire, which is a shame I know.

But honestly, the game is not that bad right now. I see people complaining they dont get over 60fps and they should, bla bla bla.

But like AC unity, it doesnt need a high frame rate like a shooter. The game runs well for me and its not bad at all. There are plenty of people running it fine but its buried by all the whiners wanting something for free.
(10-30-2015, 11:21 PM)RolloTheGreat Wrote:
(10-30-2015, 10:05 PM)SteelCrysis Wrote: http://techreport.com/news/29256/report-...c-deserves

We are in a golden age of PC hardware. I can remember contemplating upgrades just to get games to RUN.

Playing 4K with GSync on a $1500 box is pretty good stuff. When kids come over and watch my son play they're amazed at how sharp and smooth the image is. $330 for a 4790K? $650 for a 980Ti?

I've paid $600 for a LOT of cards that could not run almost every game at 1600p without breaking a sweat.

Gstanford, the one who openly declared here that he carries a PS3 in his backpack, would obviously disagree with you here - he still thinks that his PS3 is better than any PC's of today.  He claims that there is zero blurriness on his razor sharp 55" 1080p monitor with his PS3 games, while he claims to have a rig with 2x GTX 970's (with about 30-40x the total GPU power of a PS3).
Mac and Linux versions cancelled: http://www.tweaktown.com/news/50170/mac-...index.html