Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rollo
Witcher 3, Dragon Age Inquisition, Elder Scrolls Online all run very nicely on PS4. I've experienced them first hand on a relative's PS4.

Will be ordering a PS4 of my own next week, finally joining the current gen.
Adam knew he should have bought a PC but Eve fell for the marketing hype.

Homeopathy is what happened when snake oil salesmen discovered that water is cheaper than snake oil.

The reason they call it the American Dream is because you have to be asleep to believe it. -- George Carlin
(07-12-2015, 09:26 PM)gstanford Wrote: Witcher 3, Dragon Age Inquisition, Elder Scrolls Online all run very nicely on PS4.  I've experienced them first hand on a relative's PS4.

Aren't all those games available on PC?

Why do you want the PS4? The exclusive games?
Yes, they all are available on PC.

I like the ease of use of consoles, the lack of bullshit, I like that they "just work", I like being able to try various titles and be able to to trade-in the title if it isn't my thing.

The PS4 is this gen's main development platform. Almost everything outside of M$ & nintendo exclusives will be on it, why wouldn't you want it?

Homeopathy is what happened when snake oil salesmen discovered that water is cheaper than snake oil.

The reason they call it the American Dream is because you have to be asleep to believe it. -- George Carlin
(07-12-2015, 09:47 PM)gstanford Wrote: Yes, they all are available on PC.

I like the ease of use of consoles, the lack of bullshit, I like that they "just work", I like being able to try various titles and be able to to trade-in the title if it isn't my thing.

The PS4 is this gen's main development platform.  Almost everything outside of M$ & nintendo exclusives will be on it, why wouldn't you want it?

I'm just not willing to pay $400 for something that's going to give me an inferior gaming experience. I would much rather put $400 into my PC, $200 of which I have already just done with my new CPU. Not only that but the games are way more expensive on the consoles compared to PC.

As for convenience, I find Steam and Origin excellent. I don't notice any issues with DRM or anything. My games just work.

I just haven't seen any "killer apps" for the PS4 that make me want to buy one. The only exclusives that I ever find truly compelling are the Nintendo games and I have my Wii U for that.

The PC has really come around as a gaming platform. Pretty much all of the best games are available for PC now, and they run well with better graphics even on midrange hardware.

Plus with the PC you have access to an enormous library of older games. For example, today I just bought Doom 3 for $2 and I got the expansion pack for it for $1.
It all comes down to ease of use and convenience to me, plus being able to purchase games 2nd hand and the console can go anywhere that I go, something my PC definitely can't do.

It is the right decision for me, it may not be the right decision for you.

Won't be spending $400 US on the console either, getting it for the equivalent of $311 US.

[Image: Target_PS4_offer.jpg]

[Image: image.jpg]

(07-12-2015, 09:54 PM)SickBeast Wrote: ]

I'm just not willing to pay $400 for something that's going to give me an inferior gaming experience.  I would much rather put $400 into my PC, $200 of which I have already just done with my new CPU.  Not only that but the games are way more expensive on the consoles compared to PC.

As for convenience, I find Steam and Origin excellent.  I don't notice any issues with DRM or anything.  My games just work.

I just haven't seen any "killer apps" for the PS4 that make me want to buy one.  The only exclusives that I ever find truly compelling are the Nintendo games and I have my Wii U for that.

The PC has really come around as a gaming platform.  Pretty much all of the best games are available for PC now, and they run well with better graphics even on midrange hardware.

Plus with the PC you have access to an enormous library of older games.  For example, today I just bought Doom 3 for $2 and I got the expansion pack for it for $1.

100% agree.

you could have taken the words out of my mouth. I am and always will be PC.

Gstan is right, the PS4 is the main development platform, in a way. But I want nothing to do with it.
i will stick with PC.

I find PC extremely easy and organized when it comes to games and libraries these days. It is convenient but the better part is how cheap games are. Sometimes you have to wait for a sale but you know there will be one. I get so many games thru game codes as well. People selling their codes when they buy graphics cards. Dont have to look hard either. It is one of the reasons i have accounts at many forums. Most of them i barely post in
I will still have my PC and will still get games for it, just at a slower rate.

Too much fussing, fiddling and bullshit especially with Win10 about to release and all the drama that will bring with it. Not to mention your hand is forever in your pocket with PC, forking over for newer hardware a newer OS or something. Then comes the updates and drivers dance, then patch after patch after patch, then Steam, Uplay & Origin on top of all that doing their own updating, patching and other bullcrap.

As I get older consoles simply get more and more attractive to me compared to PC's for gaming.

Check my post above too - you'll see it's only costing around $311 US for me to get the PS4, not $400 US.

(07-12-2015, 10:01 PM)gstanford Wrote: It all comes down to ease of use and convenience to me, plus being able to purchase games 2nd hand and the console can go anywhere that I go, something my PC definitely can't do.

It is the right decision for me, it may not be the right decision for you.

Won't be spending $400 US on the console either, getting it for the equivalent of $311 US.

[Image: Target_PS4_offer.jpg]

[Image: image.jpg]

Wow that's an insane deal for the PS4! I would be tempted as well at that price. Good find!
(07-12-2015, 09:26 PM)gstanford Wrote: Witcher 3, Dragon Age Inquisition, Elder Scrolls Online all run very nicely on PS4.  I've experienced them first hand on a relative's PS4.

Yes, you can play everything on consoles, but at low res/settings.
https://youtu.be/GUtquPxjp7w

https://youtu.be/tNRUVwMEODw

https://youtu.be/SHHQF00F91s

https://youtu.be/El8QAW21WGI

(07-12-2015, 11:08 PM)gstanford Wrote: https://youtu.be/GUtquPxjp7w

https://youtu.be/tNRUVwMEODw

https://youtu.be/SHHQF00F91s

https://youtu.be/El8QAW21WGI

The Witcher 3 and GTA 5 in particular look considerably better on PC in those videos. I don't know why you would bother with PS4 versions of PC games considering the gaming rig that you have.
Eventually I will get PC versions of all the games. Keyword being eventually.

Witcher 3 the only things I really noticed were geralts hair, some cobblestones and some lake boulders had slightly lower quality.

The foliage and the textures were also much nicer, plus you get better controls with the keyboard and mouse.
(07-13-2015, 12:10 AM)SickBeast Wrote: The foliage and the textures were also much nicer, plus you get better controls with the keyboard and mouse.

With a good PC, you can make a game experience that makes consoles look sad.

Between 4K, 3d, surround, G-Sync/FreeSync, and all the AA flexibility, consoles are hopelessly outclassed.
I would strongly dispute that keyboard/mouse are the better controls.

Sure if you spend enough money on a PC you can get a visual experience that is slightly better than what the console is capable of. Means nothing unless you can build a PC capable of "4K, 3d, surround, G-Sync/FreeSync, and all the AA flexibility" while still being as fluid in the gameplay as the console for the $400 US the console will cost you.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/sony-playsta...Id=2200028

I look forward to seeing the PC parts list that meets the criteria above (supplied by you, not me) and fits inside $400 US....

Oh, and did I mention those parts should be capable of running all future games up to 2018 and preferably to 2020 (will probably be 2022 before this current gen is finally obsolete and not having games written for it).

Keyboard and mouse are better controls in some games. Actually, no contest.

But all the same, a controller is a must for others...at least for me.

There is no way I can play COD with a controller. At the same time, AC unity or watchdogs.....,they are terrible without a controller
(07-13-2015, 08:43 AM)gstanford Wrote: I would strongly dispute that keyboard/mouse are the better controls.

Sure if you spend enough money on a PC you can get a visual experience that is slightly better than what the console is capable of.  Means nothing unless you can build a PC capable of "4K, 3d, surround, G-Sync/FreeSync, and all the AA flexibility" while still being as fluid in the gameplay as the console for the $400 US the console will cost you.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/sony-playsta...Id=2200028

I look forward to seeing the PC parts list that meets the criteria above (supplied by you, not me) and fits inside $400 US....

Oh, and did I mention those parts should be capable of running all future games up to 2018 and preferably to 2020 (will probably be 2022 before this current gen is finally obsolete and not having games written for it).

OK, PC gaming costs more money, but a PC is much more than a console. A PC can be your livelihood. (E.G. I could do all my remote training, first and second tier support with a PC, can't with a PS4 or XBone)

1080p gameplay is not hard to come by on a PC, even intels latest CPUs can manage that. The greater expense come from the greater capability.
You don't need a PC specced the same as one trying to properly take on PS4 to earn a livelihood or be an internet machine.

Intel's CPU's can't do 1080p at PS4 quality, they can't even do XBONE quality.

I don't need a console to have greater capability, I've got PC's in the house for when I need that.

(07-13-2015, 11:28 PM)gstanford Wrote: You don't need a PC specced the same as one trying to properly take on PS4 to earn a livelihood or be an internet machine.

Intel's CPU's can't do 1080p at PS4 quality, they can't even do XBONE quality.

I don't need a console to have greater capability, I've got PC's in the house for when I need that.

The last time I checked pretty much all PS4 games are running at lower resolutions than 1080p.

It does not take much of a PC at all to match a PS4.

Even look at my rig, I might have paid $500 but it's at least twice as powerful, probably more than that actually.

(07-13-2015, 09:47 PM)ocre Wrote: Keyboard and mouse are better controls in some games.  Actually, no contest.  

But all the same, a controller is a must for others...at least for me.

There is no way I can play COD with a controller. At the same time, AC unity or watchdogs.....,they are terrible without a controller

The problem with the consoles is that there is no way to use a keyboard and mouse for those games. With the PC you can use a controller no problem if you want.
Yeah....
I bought a PS3 just to play gta5 when it first launched. It was painful to my eyes but I loved the game.

I just couldn't wait for the PC version. It was really tough playing a console, only if there is no other option will I again. When gta5 launched, we didn't know for sure there would be a PC version, most thought but no one knew. It took forever, but my prayers answered
I can't wait to get GTA V for the PC.
Quote:Even look at my rig, I might have paid $500 but it's at least twice as powerful, probably more than that actually.
Up until just a few days ago you didn't have a quad-core CPU in it. Your GPU would be barely adequate, a 4 gb GTX960 would be a closer match to PS4. and it is still overpriced at least $100 and didn't come standard with a controller or Blu-Ray drive.

Quote:The problem with the consoles is that there is no way to use a keyboard and mouse for those games. With the PC you can use a controller no problem if you want.
I've played No-one Lives forever, DeusEx on PS2 just fine with no kb/mouse, COD classic on the PS3 amongst others. I'm perfectly fine with there being no kb/mouse option, it isn't needed. PS4 has a glidepad built into its controller anyway.

Quote:Yeah....
I bought a PS3 just to play gta5 when it first launched. It was painful to my eyes but I loved the game.
Now that you have a PS3 go to GameStop and pickup some of the great PS3 back catalog for cheap 2nd hand. I wouldn't have purchased a PS3 just for GTA V. Will be picking that up for PS4.

It's a testament to the power of PS3 that it can even run something like GTA V (and better than 360 does too). I still remember my mind being blown by Skyrim running as well as it does on PS3. I expected that to be a travesty and it simply wasn't.

(07-14-2015, 08:33 AM)gstanford Wrote: Up until just a few days ago you didn't have a quad-core CPU  in it.  Your GPU would be barely adequate, a 4 gb GTX960 would be a closer match to PS4.  

http://www.extremetech.com/extreme/17137...-gpu-specs

Looks to me like a GTX960 is 18% faster at stock speed than the 7870 the PS4 has:

http://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/MSI/G...ng/29.html
It was more the framebuffer size, but yeah, something like a GTX950 Ti with 4 gb would be the closest match if such a thing existed.

(07-14-2015, 06:04 AM)ocre Wrote: Yeah....
I bought a PS3 just to play gta5 when it first launched.  It was painful to my eyes but I loved the game.

I just couldn't wait for the PC version.  It was really tough playing a console, only if there is no other option will I again.  When gta5 launched, we didn't know for sure there would be a PC version, most thought but no one knew.  It took forever, but my prayers answered

I've got to say the PS3 doesn't embarrass itself too badly in GTA V. There are some things missing but overall it does pretty darn well I think given the age of PS3 and the resources at its disposal. If only game engines and programmers had been able to code for it at this sort of quality since it was a brand new system.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3MdPYH60B7Y

(07-06-2015, 10:07 PM)SteelCrysis Wrote:
(07-06-2015, 10:03 PM)SickBeast Wrote: This place just isn't the same as it once was. I think both of us should just post exclusively at btr.
If you want the place to be the same again, find a way to bring back Trollpoppin and BoFox.

Awwww..   Heart    :my:

Ya know, what happened was that I was on a 2-month vacation from the forums while moving and all that stuff.  After finally settling in the new house, etc..   I started posting on BTR and was hoping to see you guys over there but then realized that Poppin banned you, after you guys clashed. 

About ABT, I didn't know it was still alive and kicking with all of you guys here on the new forum.  I never registered for the new forum (IIRC) when it was still so buggy in its new stages, so I didn't bother coming back until TerribleBeast just made me realize that you guys were still causing a ruckus here.  Free speech here is great! 

Poppin's been doing great work with his reviews - I've been glad to discuss tech stuff with him..   however I miss the old days when we were all together and bitch-slapping each other - usually to the person who deserves it the most, lol.  Muahahaha!!
Ok with science that the big bang theory requires that fundamental scientific laws do not exist for the first few minutes, but not ok for the creator to defy these laws...  Rolleyes
Well you know........

Apoppin left, we still here!!!

Always, gstanford.....
I bought the PS3 a long time ago, when gta5 first came out. Rockstar launched it only on the old platforms. I have no interest in the PS3 at all and the only action it ever sees is bluray movies in my child's bedroom and skylanders when they actually play the video game.
(07-18-2015, 11:07 AM)BoFox Wrote:   I never registered for the new forum (IIRC) when it was still so buggy in its new stages, so I didn't bother coming back until TerribleBeast just made me realize that you guys were still causing a ruckus here.  Free speech here is great! 

Poppin's been doing great work with his reviews - I've been glad to discuss tech stuff with him..   however I miss the old days when we were all together and bitch-slapping each other - usually to the person who deserves it the most, lol.  Muahahaha!!

Mark runs a lot of benches, but disagree with him and you're toast.

Personally I think he owes it to Dave to come back to ABT and end BTR.

Dave hosted his reviews for a lot of years and helped him establish whatever readers he has, pretty skeazy to just leave him high and dry because the site crashed.

We're not all slackers living on garden vegetables and Obamacare. I'm sure Dave has a full time job and can't just take a day off because Apoppins latest graph of benchmarks is off line.
I feel ya, Rollo .. you still butthurt, lol!! Hahahahahahahahaha...

Obamacare is nothing like if your wife became a widow, left alone in that huge million-dollar mansion you left for her along with $5,000,000 in cash, or whatever.. and yet the government gives her $2000/mo Social Security welfare just because you died. THIS IS THE PROBLEM with the government and a whole generation of old baby boomers ready to bankrupt the country, with nothing to contribute except to the cable companies and the luxury nursing homes.

Poppin worked 100 hours for the Fury X review, then another week's worth of full time work for the latest driver evaluation. All within a short time. There was maybe 1 strange result with Far Cry 4 fps scores (with the Radeon 290X), but the newer driver showed a large improvement, and the settings that he used was different from what other reviewers used (he used higher settings than just the Ultra preset) so I like it as long as he's not proven wrong. Ya know, nobody ever proved his results to be fraudulent.. ever, in the last 6-7 years. So I'm not disagreeing with it.

Hey, it's his decision if he wants to post articles here on ABT as well as on BTR, but I don't think I can really do anything about what goes on between Dave and Mark. By the way, the benchmark chart images for some the old reviews on ABT are missing - the hosting is probably not properly allocating the images any longer.. like with the Kingston memory overclocking comparison charts, etc..
Ok with science that the big bang theory requires that fundamental scientific laws do not exist for the first few minutes, but not ok for the creator to defy these laws...  Rolleyes
(07-19-2015, 02:45 AM)BoFox Wrote: I feel ya, Rollo ..  you still butthurt, lol!!  Hahahahahahahahaha...  

Obamacare is nothing like if your wife became a widow, left alone in that huge million-dollar mansion you left for her along with $5,000,000 in cash, or whatever.. and yet the government gives her $2000/mo Social Security welfare just because you died.  THIS IS THE PROBLEM with the government and a whole generation of old baby boomers ready to bankrupt the country, with nothing to contribute except to the cable companies and the luxury nursing homes.

Poppin worked 100 hours for the Fury X review, then another week's worth of full time work for the latest driver evaluation.  All within a short time.  There was maybe 1 strange result with Far Cry 4 fps scores (with the Radeon 290X), but the newer driver showed a large improvement, and the settings that he used was different from what other reviewers used (he used higher settings than just the Ultra preset) so I like it as long as he's not proven wrong.  Ya know, nobody ever proved his results to be fraudulent..   ever, in the last 6-7 years.  So I'm not disagreeing with it.  

Hey, it's his decision if he wants to post articles here on ABT as well as on BTR, but I don't think I can really do anything about what goes on between Dave and Mark.  By the way, the benchmark chart images for some the old reviews on ABT are missing - the hosting is probably not properly allocating the images any longer..  like with the Kingston memory overclocking comparison charts, etc..

Two things about this:

1. I live in an 1800 sq ft, 3 bedroom, 1.5 bath house. My fishing and hunting shack is just that- a rustic shack on a small backwoods lake that is totally unsuitable for any water sports other than duck hunting and fishing. No mansion, no millions, nada. The only reason it could be said we're doing better than a lot of people is both my wife and I can both afford this, so we have some disposable and security.

2. I agree Apoppin puts in a lot of time on his reviews, what I disagree with is the rest of us having to pay for guys like Apoppin choosing to do things that don't have an HMO in their benefit package. Do you think it would be honorable if we paid off our bills with our investments, quit our jobs today, said we're going to become Craigslist entrepreneurs. Spend all day scouring Craigslist for bargains, re-selling them at a profit, and file for Obamacare to pay for our healthcare. We're going to work 50 hours a week each looking for these bargains and meeting people in parking lots selling them. Buy our healthcare.

No. It's bullshit. It's one group of people entitled by law to take the earnings of another group, and the only criteria for the taking is choosing to do it. I could have a co-worker making $200K a year decide tonight his new job is scrubbing the rocks in the state parks with soap and a toothbrush because "they looked dirty" and you and I are paying for his HMO. Why? Because he thought the rocks looked dirty.

It makes no sense to me, and no good will come of it. One of the biggest motivations to move up in the world and provide for yourself is needing things like a HMO for you and your family. This helps America down the road to being a wasteland of slackers.
so did your insurance payments go up rollo?

If they didn't, then you aren't paying anything more than you were
(07-19-2015, 06:42 AM)ocre Wrote: so did your insurance payments go up rollo?

If they didn't, then you aren't paying anything more than you were

I went from having four HMO options to two, and lost my doctor of over ten years.

The changes made due to ACA raised the price on the HMO I had and one of the others above what the company wanted to pay.

My loss is minor though- I still have low cost, first tier insurance and can pick between a few companies and using my wife's. I'm one of the lucky ones. Know people buying as single buyers who weren't so lucky.

Apoppin is more evidence of another need not being addressed in society than Obamacare, I actually think he "should" get it because he's a home caregiver for his mom. (and if he isn't doing it, we are as a society, so it seems practical the caregiver she would want most be eligible for some benefit for doing so)

The people I care about are the people who use it to force us to pay for their benefit package, or just subsidize their life of crime.

The people that
LOL @ scrubbing the rocks with a toothbrush in a state park. At least that is a job, unlike a widow getting $2k a month while driving new Lincoln cars, wandering around in a million dollar home, and watching TV all day long. There will be gobs and gobs of widows out there doing nothing by next decade, when they don't need welfare, yet they take it because they can.

Poppin is doing a great service to the computer enthusiasts. He's nothing short of a legendary reviewer, benchmarking more games than anybody else on the planet, and also doing regular driver comparisons with ALL of those games. Plus the settings that he chooses for the games are usually more interesting than the settings that most other review sites use for example. He had to use his own money to buy a Fury X, which is honorable - somebody who chooses to do a great service rather than NOTHING. He's one of the very few elder persons who has done so much, rather than just pissing away social security by choosing to be unproductive.

How the government does business might be your business, but money isn't the end-all, be-all. The world isn't exactly fair. Celebrities strike the jackpot by saying a few entertaining lines that entertain millions of people across the world, and then no longer do anything productive but act a few weeks a year, or every other year. Others simply win the lottery and then do nothing productive.

Gotta go - be back tonight!
At least in my case my widow will have worked her whole life, and been more successful than a lot of men.

Yes Apoppin does the gaming community (and hardware companies) a solid by slaving away on his benchmarks, but if either values it, they should be the ones to buy Apoppin's HMO. To most of the people paying for Apoppin's HMO, his benchmarks are probably even less meaningful than the guy who chooses to wash the park rocks with a toothbrush. The vast majority of people just don't care about benchmarks.

You can find pretty smoothed stones known as "agates" on the shore of Lake Superior, which can in turn be sold. If I quit my job today, start spending my days picking up shiny rocks and selling them, should society be forced to buy my HMO? Where is the justice in that?
My government pays for my healthcare as well Rollo. I guess we're all a bunch of slacker losers here in Canada. A bunch of low lives right? Actually I guess pretty much the entire civilized western world can be painted with that brush as well according to you.

You need to get a life. apoppin worked his entire life. Let him enjoy whatever perks he has now. It's not like he hasn't paid enough taxes during his working years.
Yeah,

this is the never ending circle.

Rollo is just complaining and whining, i guess that is something he likes to do. His anger and frustration is wrongly focused and he will never find resolution. At most, this is a very minor inconvenience financially for him but he just cant stand the idea. I find things i enjoy in life make all the bs completely insignificant. But then again, my goal in life is to enjoy it
(07-20-2015, 02:20 AM)ocre Wrote: Yeah,

this is the never ending circle.  

Rollo is just complaining and whining, i guess that is something he likes to do.   His anger and frustration is wrongly focused and he will never find resolution.  At most, this is a very minor inconvenience financially for him but he just cant stand the idea.   I find things i enjoy in life make all the bs completely insignificant.  But then again, my goal in life is to enjoy it

Ever ship something to someone in Canada Ocre? To a man they'll ask you to cheat on the customs form to try and evade their god awful taxes.

http://www.finweb.com/taxes/5-difference...z3gN9zQQGU

Quote:The tax rates in Canada are usually higher than in the United States. In Canada, tax revenue makes up 38.4 percent of the GDP, while in the United States, the tax revenue makes up 28.2 percent. This is largely due to the differences in the way each government spends money.

One of the biggest differences is the way each government funds health care.

Still think "Aw shucks who cares if guys like Apoppin want to grift a little healthcare"?

This change represents a fundamental shift in our economy that will cost our kids more to live here, so they can subsidize prostitutes, dope dealers, and web reviewers. My thought is those guys should pay their own way, like we had to.
Obama-Hood, Prince of Thieves, has prudently avoided the full backlash of Obamacare by pushing back the employer mandate until he's about to leave office.

http://www.nationaljournal.com/health-ca...n-20140210

How coincidental and convenient, eh? This "wonderful" new law that "will help everybody" will finally go fully into effect SIX YEARS after it was passed, when the carpet baggers who passed it are all packing up and leaving town.

Now Ocre, if in Canada 10% more of the GDP goes to healthcare, where do you think that 10% is going to come from? The bottom half of the economy who already skate on their federal taxes? Or households like mine in the top 10%? Hmmmmmm it's a puzzler!

I can tell you this: If I have to pay 10% more in taxes I could have bought a NICE recreational home with the money.

I can honestly say if the decision came down to another cabin on a lake, or guys like Apoppin having the right to choose not to work at traditional jobs, I'd rather have my tax dollars go to GPS activated explosive ankle bracelets for guys like Apoppin. We could drive them North to the border, arm the device, and say,"Now go live in Canada where they like guys who don't want to work. If you cross our border, you'll explode." and push them over.

Then SickBeast can pay their way if he thinks it's such a good way to run a country.

NOTE: Have NO problem with safety nets for the old, young, disabled, unemployed. Vote for EVERY education referendum. My ONLY problem is with socialized medicine because I do not think using the govt to mandate charity for able bodied citizens who choose not to work or pursue traditional jobs is right. 86% of us had healthcare when Obamacare passed and 7% were unemployed. So yeah I guess 7% of us who were largely young and healthy or young and shiftless didn't have it. As noted, Canada is very near for those great guys. We don't need them here. (the shiftless)
Rollo what you have always failed at understanding is that the way we do things in Canada is both cheaper and better. You just said that you're planning to drop $100,000 on your son's education. Here tuition is about $5000 at excellent schools, the best ones we have. In Quebec it's about $2500. Our universal healthcare costs much less overall compared to the way things are done in the US, plus we all have coverage.

I'm done arguing with you about this, you just don't get it and I don't think you ever will.

Let's please stick to computer hardware.
(07-20-2015, 06:08 AM)SickBeast Wrote: Rollo what you have always failed at understanding is that the way we do things in Canada is both cheaper and better.  You just said that you're planning to drop $100,000 on your son's education.  Here tuition is about $5000 at excellent schools, the best ones we have.  In Quebec it's about $2500.  Our universal healthcare costs much less overall compared to the way things are done in the US, plus we all have coverage.

I'm done arguing with you about this, you just don't get it and I don't think you ever will.

Let's please stick to computer hardware.
Are you sure you still want that health care? http://www.city-journal.org/html/17_3_ca...hcare.html

And now for something completely different. Let's get back to computer hardware.
Valve hater, Nintendo hater, Microsoft defender, AMD hater, Google Fiber hater, 4K lover, net neutrality lover.