Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rollo
Guys how do I ignore Rollo, he's driving me crazy.
(07-06-2015, 03:58 AM)SickBeast Wrote: Guys how do I ignore Rollo, he's driving me crazy.

Step 1:
Go to User CP, Buddy/Ignore list, add "RolloTheGreat" to Ignore

Step 2: Go back to Babble Tech Reviews, babble with Apoppin in PMs how the bad ol' Rollo made you look foolish.
I will ignore you the next time I am at my computer.
(07-06-2015, 06:18 AM)SickBeast Wrote: I will ignore you the next time I am at my computer.

Oh noes.

Now when you post inaccurate information I'll still point it out, but you'll never see how I've pointed out your error.

Other readers will see your mistake, my correction, and assume you retreated in embarrassment.

Works for me.
Ugh I can't ignore Rollo in tapatalk.
(07-06-2015, 07:35 AM)SickBeast Wrote: Ugh I can't ignore Rollo in tapatalk.
Not sure if serious.
Valve hater, Nintendo hater, Microsoft defender, AMD hater, Google Fiber hater, 4K lover, net neutrality lover.
(07-06-2015, 08:30 AM)SteelCrysis Wrote:
(07-06-2015, 07:35 AM)SickBeast Wrote: Ugh I can't ignore Rollo in tapatalk.
Not sure if serious.
I'm serious, his posts still show up in the main forum view.
ignoring only hides the ignored posters posts in a thread. It doesn't stop the forum from showing the ignored poster was the last one to reply to a thread.
Adam knew he should have bought a PC but Eve fell for the marketing hype.

Homeopathy is what happened when snake oil salesmen discovered that water is cheaper than snake oil.

The reason they call it the American Dream is because you have to be asleep to believe it. -- George Carlin
We will see who his next victim will be. It's sad really, I don't think I am going to bother with this forum much any more.
No, don't leave the forum. Just ignore Trollo and eventually he will go find another bridge to camp under when nobody here will talk to him anymore.

Homeopathy is what happened when snake oil salesmen discovered that water is cheaper than snake oil.

The reason they call it the American Dream is because you have to be asleep to believe it. -- George Carlin
This place just isn't the same as it once was. I think both of us should just post exclusively at btr.
(07-06-2015, 10:03 PM)SickBeast Wrote: This place just isn't the same as it once was. I think both of us should just post exclusively at btr.
If you want the place to be the same again, find a way to bring back Trollpoppin and BoFox.
Valve hater, Nintendo hater, Microsoft defender, AMD hater, Google Fiber hater, 4K lover, net neutrality lover.
Rollo is here to cause trouble and try to make the forum fail. Don't let him succeed. Stay an active member here (as well as at BTR).

(07-06-2015, 10:07 PM)SteelCrysis Wrote:
(07-06-2015, 10:03 PM)SickBeast Wrote: This place just isn't the same as it once was. I think both of us should just post exclusively at btr.
If you want the place to be the same again, find a way to bring back Trollpoppin and BoFox.

No doubt.

It was Trollpoppin insulting and banning everyone that drove this place off the map, now he sends his sniveling toadie Sick Beast to try and say it was my doing.

Got news for the Ick Beast:

Trollpoppin banned me, others, and then made his own forum and did his best to steal any members he could from here. Stopped writing reviews for here.

If anyone is trying to kill ABT, it's Trollpoppin.
There is a certain kind of serenity once you ignore Rollo.
(07-07-2015, 03:18 AM)SickBeast Wrote: There is a certain kind of serenity once you ignore Rollo.

There's an old saying about that serenity:

Ignorance is bliss.

Cool
So peaceful.
(07-06-2015, 10:45 PM)gstanford Wrote: Rollo is here to cause trouble and try to make the forum fail.  Don't let him succeed.  Stay an active member here (as well as at BTR).

You guys have different POVs.

Its no huge conspiracy to "try to make the forum fail"

I think that is a preposterous statement. I cannot understand........

We all have different beliefs and views. Rollo has very different views on some things. You guys just cant stand that for whatever reason. Rollo doesnt just state a stupid opinion and keep repeating it. He often contributes data and articles to back up is ideas. It is crazy that you think this is an evil ploy to destroy.

What are you afraid of?

Why does it bother you so much that someone may see things different than you?

I think having different POVs makes the world a better place. I dont mind if a person doesnt agree with me, I dont need everyone to. If a person challenges my stance, I at least want to hear them out. No one knows everything and i dont mind backing up my position. You know, i might even learn something in the end.
I could even change my position...

But at the very least, I could gain understanding of other viewpoints. Whether I adopt them (which is unlikely), at least i can have a better understanding.

Look, rollo isnt the only person who preferred the xbone when it launched, he is not the only right wing thinker. He isnt the only upper middle class person in the world.
Just as Steelcrysis isnt the only valve hater.

So freaking what, they have every right to feel and think like they want to. When rollo says something i dont agree with, i will respond accordingly. I might even take the time to post back going deeper into the subject. Trying to clearly convey the message and drive it home with sources and facts. I always try my best to stick with the discussion and not get personal even when i am loosing a debate.
if i am wrong, so be it.

I dont understand people who get mad just because another person sees things differently.
I really do not understand that

I was just thinking..............................

wasnt sickbeast trying to get apoppin to let Rollo come back before the sites split up? Like numerous times?

I mean, come on guys!

It is just a bunch of words. Why get so emotionally involved?
ocre the fact that you are still defending him tells me that you don't have a clue.

You say it's just words yet I still don't see you at btr.
defending?

I am consistent. Ask steelcrysis.

You guys want an ecochamber, i like diversity
I don't want an echo chamber, I want a place where we can have a decent dialogue without all the nonsense.
You won't get decent dialog out of Rollo.

Go search his post history on anandtech, nvnews and elsewhere.

(07-08-2015, 07:07 AM)SickBeast Wrote: ocre the fact that you are still defending him tells me that you don't have a clue.

You say it's just words yet I still don't see you at btr.

Nice. Recruiting for the guy who pretty much trashed ABT.
(07-08-2015, 08:17 AM)gstanford Wrote: You won't get decent dialog out of Rollo.

Go search his post history on anandtech, nvnews and elsewhere.

GStanford on consoles: "Resolution is ALL that matters! The PS4 can run more games at 1080P, so XBone is irrelevant!"

GStanford on computer gaming: "Size is ALL that matters! Resolution is irrelevant!"

He is right. You won't get "decent" dialogue like that out of me. Rolleyes
(07-08-2015, 08:28 AM)RolloTheGreat Wrote: Nice. Recruiting for the guy who pretty much trashed ABT.

Who? Me?

You low down sack of rotten tomatoes!!!!

You got some nerves!
(07-08-2015, 05:35 PM)ocre Wrote:
(07-08-2015, 08:28 AM)RolloTheGreat Wrote: Nice. Recruiting for the guy who pretty much trashed ABT.

Who?  Me?

You got some nerves!
Rollo's referring to Trollpoppin, not you.
(07-08-2015, 09:09 PM)SteelCrysis Wrote:

Who?  Me?

You got some nerves!

No doubt!

I see us (Steelcrysis, Ocre, Rollo and to a lesser extent Gstanford and SickBeast) as trying to save ABT. The only way we're going to build a forum membership is if people see our conversations and join in.

Gstan and SickBeast putting me on ignore and mainly hanging at BTR just seems like them trying to finish the dirty work Trollpoppin started.

Back when Trollpoppin banned me/others the site rankings for this place plummeted, because the lifeblood of a forum is people chatting.
Whoops, meant to say Rollo was talking about SickBeast recruiting for Trollpoppin. And of course I'm trying to keep ABT alive. So far, I'm succeeding, but would like to see ABT grow.
(07-09-2015, 12:37 AM)SteelCrysis Wrote: Whoops, meant to say Rollo was talking about SickBeast recruiting for Trollpoppin. And of course I'm trying to keep ABT alive. So far, I'm succeeding, but would like to see ABT grow.
I was actually making a point. He's saying that it's just words and to forgive Rollo yet I don't see him doing that with apoppin. There is no comparison either. Rollo is a complete troll. apoppin disagreed with ocre one time.
(07-06-2015, 10:07 PM)SteelCrysis Wrote:

Actually it would blow goats if Trollpoppin came back.

It would be great if BoFox returned though, and TVIceman and Keysplayer.
(07-09-2015, 04:39 AM)SickBeast Wrote:
(07-09-2015, 12:37 AM)SteelCrysis Wrote: Whoops, meant to say Rollo was talking about SickBeast recruiting for Trollpoppin.  And of course I'm trying to keep ABT alive.  So far, I'm succeeding, but would like to see ABT grow.
I was actually making a point. He's saying that it's just words and to forgive Rollo yet I don't see him doing that with apoppin. There is no comparison either. Rollo is a complete troll. apoppin disagreed with ocre one time.

I googled BTR and this is what popped up: http://www.btrband.com/us/home

So I gave it an honest effort sickbeast.

I just dont think i have time for another forum to try to keep up with. Besides, Apoppin left the ABT, it is not the other way around.

(07-08-2015, 09:09 PM)SteelCrysis Wrote: Rollo's referring to Trollpoppin, not you.

Yeah?

Well i was being sarcastic.

Just remember that.................
if ocre calls you a rotten sack of potatoes, he is not being serious
(07-09-2015, 06:09 AM)ocre Wrote:  Besides, Apoppin left the ABT, it is not the other way around.

No doubt.

Banned and insulted all the members.

Called Dave a thief for pointing out he owns the place.

Left and insults ABT and everyone here.
(07-08-2015, 11:13 PM)RolloTheGreat Wrote:
(07-08-2015, 09:09 PM)SteelCrysis Wrote:

Who?  Me?

You got some nerves!

No doubt!

I see us (Steelcrysis, Ocre, Rollo and to a lesser extent Gstanford and SickBeast) as trying to save ABT. The only way we're going to build a forum membership is if people see our conversations and join in.

Gstan and SickBeast putting me on ignore and mainly hanging at BTR just seems like them trying to finish the dirty work Trollpoppin started.

Back when Trollpoppin banned me/others the site rankings for this place plummeted, because the lifeblood of a forum is people chatting.

What makes you think I'm not trying to save ABT?! The fact that I'm also registered at BTR?! I'm registered with tons of different forums around the web! I spend WAY more time here than I do at BTR.

I took on a spam mod role here for Dave even.

It would be incredibly simple to just walk away from here and never return if I wasn't serious about wanting to be here!

I only have an issue with one sad and solitary poster here.

I think he was trying to give you credit, but that was the best he could get to come out.
Haha, I have this image in my head.....lol
You know, like a kid forced to hug his sister in front of his friends.....
Heart

Thanks for volunteering your time gstanford. I mean that.
I thought that Rollo and gstanford were no longer communicating. Something about feeding a troll.
(07-09-2015, 11:04 PM)SickBeast Wrote: I thought that Rollo and gstanford were no longer communicating.  Something about feeding a troll.

Did Trollpoppin ask you to post that?

(07-09-2015, 08:46 AM)gstanford Wrote: What makes you think I'm not trying to save ABT?!  The fact that I'm also registered at BTR?!  I'm registered with tons of different forums around the web!  I spend WAY more time here than I do at BTR.

I took on a spam mod role here for Dave even.

It would be incredibly simple to just walk away from here and never return if I wasn't serious about wanting to be here!

I only have an issue with one sad and solitary poster here.

I said "lesser extent" because I'm 33% of the people that post here who aren't mods or admins. Do you really think now is the time to form cliques of who won't talk to who?

You really want me gone? You don't have to ban me. I can just go and then you've lost a good third of the posting here and the site creeps closer to death.

I can post anywhere I want, been years since I was associated with NVIDIA, so the site admins aren't exactly on the lookout for every new guy that registers trying to figure out if "Could this guy be Rollo and trying to market NVIDIA?!". (not to mention I have new IPs, ISPs, and emails since those days when they all banned me due to the efforts of ATi and the Advocates)

This attitude of yours, and what Trollpoppin is doing through Sick Beast, is the main threat to this site's recovery.
Gstanford has posted here way more than me already. And he is a mod busting spammers.

I like him being here.

Rollo, you are right though. We should be starting cliques, there is only a small handful of people here. I could imagine that there are people that want the abt to burn completely out, sadly enough.
Growing the site is ambitious already. PC tech forums were huge in the past, today they are lakes drying up. The world has moved on leaving mainly only a few old school geeks and countless shills.

I like posting here because I feel like you guys are real. You may have vastly different opinions but I do t mind that. Going to other tech forums and it's the same BS over and over. The same conversations, he same ideas, the same agenda. You can go to anyone of those tech forums and find the same topics on any other forum. It is so bad, almost the exact same words being used even if its supposed to be a different person. Those forums are a joke.

Sadly they have ran off most real people who their nonsense and the younger generations have found the Internet is full of several other great ways to mingle. Building up a tech forum to huge these days looks to be impossible to me. But that doesn't stop me from spending my spare time here. I have a age old love for the tech forum, sharing in the technology as spectators. If other people join, all the better.
(07-12-2015, 12:08 AM)ocre Wrote: Gstanford has posted here way more than me already.  And he is a mod busting spammers.  

I like him being here.  

Rollo, you are right though.  We should be starting cliques, there is only a small handful of people here. I could imagine that there are people that want the abt to burn completely out, sadly enough.  
Growing the site is ambitious already.  PC tech forums were huge in the past, today they are lakes drying up.  The world has moved on leaving mainly only a few old school geeks and countless shills.

I like posting here because I feel like you guys are real.  You may have vastly different opinions but I do t mind that.  Going to other tech forums and it's the same BS over and over.  The same conversations, he same ideas, the same agenda.  You can go to anyone of those tech forums and find the same topics on any other forum.   It is so bad, almost the exact same words being used even if its supposed to be a different person.  Those forums are a joke.  

Sadly they have ran off most real people who their nonsense and the younger generations have found the Internet is full of several other great ways to mingle.  Building up a tech forum to huge these days looks  to be impossible to me.  But that doesn't stop me from spending my spare time here.  I have a age old love for the tech forum, sharing in the technology as spectators.  If other people join, all the better.

Those people (Gstanford, SickBeast, Apoppin) are hoping we all end up on BTR and help grow that site. (all of us except me anyway)

You're right about the internet forums as well. Waste lands full of shills marketing to one another. Younger people don't do things like post on tech forums for the most part, and those of us in the "old guard" who are not associated with any companies dwindle by the year.

Another reason the forums are dying is the attrition of tech companies and lengthening of intervals between relevant changes in technology. Look at video cards. NVIDIA is still making architecture changes every 1.5 years, but the "Fiji" is pretty much the GCN tech AMD launched four years ago with a new type of memory.

Annual incremental improvements for intel as well, with AMD basically riding the Faildozer tech that also launched four years ago.

What is there to talk about? NVIDIA is the only company making new tech with significant strides forward.

The console market has an eight YEAR product cycle and uses old, weak tech. The reason I like the XBone is at least they tried to make it a "one size fits all" media device. (I see that as a lot more useful than "PS4 can play 30% more games at 1080p)

Your analogy about lakes drying up is spot on, I gave it to Apoppin when ABT started and he was telling me it was going to be "bigger than Google" and "Google level success is easy!". I think we made a $50 bet back then, but he never paid me.
Quote:Those people (Gstanford, SickBeast, Apoppin) are hoping we all end up on BTR and help grow that site. (all of us except me anyway)

You are full of shit! You won't be able to find one single post from me anywhere that supports your retarded, baseless assertion about me and my supposed hopes!

Quote:The console market has an eight YEAR product cycle and uses old, weak tech
Yet manages to play the latest games as well as a highend PC 10 times the prices of the consoles. And does so on what would be considered budget, entry level hardware in the PC market. The same games on PC are bloated DRM infested bugfests. Games get written for the console market first and foremost with the PC as a possible afterthought.

Take a look at the PS3 with a 10 year old g70 based GPU and it can run almost every modern game out there (except for those not ported to PS3). Most g70's for the PC market became landfill years ago and would have no hope of running what RSX does in the PS3 on the same games. Point is consoles can be optimized for in a way not possible with PC's, plus they don't have windows bloating up the works.

(07-12-2015, 06:36 PM)gstanford Wrote:
Quote:Those people (Gstanford, SickBeast, Apoppin) are hoping we all end up on BTR and help grow that site. (all of us except me anyway)

You are full of shit!  You won't be able to find one single post from me anywhere that supports your retarded, baseless  assertion about me and my supposed hopes!

Quote:The console market has an eight YEAR product cycle and uses old, weak tech
Yet manages to play the latest games as well as a highend PC 10 times the prices of the consoles.  And does so on what would be considered budget, entry level hardware in the PC market.  The same games on PC are bloated DRM infested bugfests.  Games get written for the console market first and foremost with the PC as a possible afterthought.

Take a look at the PS3 with a 10 year old g70 based GPU and it can run almost every modern game out there (except for those not ported to PS3).  Most g70's for the PC market became landfill years ago and would have no hope of running what RSX does in the PS3 on the same games.  Point is consoles can be optimized for in a way not possible with PC's, plus they don't have windows bloating up the works.

The previous generation of consoles is completely different. The Xbox 360 in particular used a GPU that was more advanced than anything available for the PC at the time; it was a full GPU generation ahead. It took some time for the PC to catch up to it and even then the console games were more optimized and still ran better compared to the PC ports (by far for quite some time).

The PS4 and the Xbox One both have very weak hardware by today's standards. A low end PC can match them. So far the ports from the new consoles are running very well on my rig and I only have a midrange setup. I can run all the ports pretty much maxed out at 1080p with AA, which is double the resolution that the consoles are running them at plus I get to run with AA and higher detail settings.