Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Just for GStanford, his favorite saying...
http://seekingalpha.com/article/3308575-...a&uprof=45

Quote: They tried to slap lipstick on a pig with Fury X, and while it certainly is a prize-winning hog, it's still not equal to the more elegant (and expensive) approach Nvidia took, where they actually improved the architecture greatly with Maxwell. AMD could not afford to, so took a poor man's approach, and did well all things considered, despite once again having the cooling system whomperjawed.

Personally I think the FuryX is a great $550 card, just not a good $650 card.
Here is another one
Quote:Based on information provided in the warning, console chips are very low margin, which will continue to decline without a redesign to a denser node.

Gstanford was just arguing this in another thread. AMD done a great job at deceiving people when it came to console contracts................ but the cat is out of the bag big time now.
(07-08-2015, 06:47 AM)ocre Wrote: Here is another one
Quote:Based on information provided in the warning, console chips are very low margin, which will continue to decline without a redesign to a denser node.

Gstanford was just arguing this in another thread.  AMD done a great job at deceiving people when it came to console contracts................ but the cat is out of the bag big time now.

Gstanford, Mr. Consistency Wrote:Listen up Ocre! AMD makes 80 gajillion dollars pure profit off the consoles every day! Also, 1080P resolution on a PS4 is far more important than 4K resolution on a monitor!
The sad part is that AMD fans will call this article negative and just another doom and gloom.

But the author is an AMD shareholder. He is straight up and just telling it like it is. AMD is in deep deep trouble. What is 2016 supposed to bring to change the game? It is always, "wait till <inert>" for AMD. But it just looks like they are slipping worse and worse. I have no confidence now, none. I think they really screwed up bad.

I believe their online stealth marketing drive ruined their GPU division. Their attitudes and tones just turned off neutral people. The huge waves of advocates ruining tech forums and discussions all over the internet, people reading their endless garbage were turned off in every way. Feelings like "i dont want to be associated with those kind of guys" or "i dont want any part of that club". This huge push really pushed people away from their brand. And it is obvious now, just read comments on articles. As soon as AMD spin doctors start posting they get shut down. No one cares about the endless whining and crying. They seem pathetic and desperate.

Perhaps that is hash of me. But the huge forum invasion that started a few years ago was effectively ruining tech forums all around the internet. Back then, they took over and dominated discussion by backing each others up. They didnt sway many people at all, they just pushed many normal people out. They were not winning anything, just pissing all over the place and thinking "yeah!!! we win!!!"

Then when issues with substance came out, like the misrepresented gtx 970 ram arrangement, their spin machine had every forum flooded with hundreds of pages.........but the world wide petition struggled to gain 6000 signatures (which just so happens to be about the exact number of employees who work for AMD, lol)

People were conditioned already. The world just started to ignored and tone out the AMD marketeers. The biggest ones pushing the issue, AMD fanbots. No one cares what those people whine about anymore.

It is my opinion that their master stealth marketing invasion was not only ineffective in boosting their brand image, it actually reduced it further and further.

Nvidia focusing on cool and the awesome, AMD marketeers always posting negative and downer attitudes. This or that is unfair, Nvidia cheat, AMD mistreated, Nvidia just has better marketing, bla bla bla. No one cares about the excuses nor do they tune in for some pity AMD sob story. That is not winning them mindshare. AMD, the battered and mistreated doesnt attract fans. What a terrible strategy.

AMD marketeer playbook moves like these--> Dog nvidia, downplay their advantages, flip and spin nvidia technologies into something bad in whatever way possible, call nvidia evil and greedy, dog kepler, dis on this, put down that.

90% of their plays are negative and just downers. People dont want to be negative all the time. They tone out negative, its not attractive in any way.

No one reads those post and thinks, wow now i want an AMD card. They just start toning out all the negative stuff, its human nature. Nvidia marketing is totally different. They want to show off their cool technologies, they show off excitement and good times, people attract towards that.

The damage is done now. Not only do people see AMD as the lesser brand, they also see them as the uncool and whiner brand. Since this massive stealth marketing invasion started, AMD has lost mind share by a significant amount. You cannot buy real enthusiasm. And their constant attacks on all things nvidia not only caused people to tone them out, it helped them see right thru these posters. see right thru to their agenda
You raise many good points, not the least of which is "you cannot buy enthusiasm."

The vicious campaigns of the Team Red assholes have indeed killed the forums, and certainly drove people away from AMD.