Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Free Speech not allowed on Reddit
(07-23-2015, 05:48 PM)gstanford Wrote: Teh Master commands you not speak of certain topics, and to not disagree with him. Master's path is difficult, but his vision will be revealed in time. Keep posting in agreement with Master, tell people how nice Master's video card reviews are.
BoFox I really don't appreciate you dragging me into this.
Sickbeast, you were the first to suggest that I start a new thread there to carry on about the topic, and then you ultimately turned on me and tried to set me up as a spammer. That's why I decided to stop there.

(07-23-2015, 05:48 PM)gstanford Wrote: Simple solution BoFox. Don't preach to people who don't want to be preached to! Save it for the church hall or a church forum!

If you don't want your religous beliefs attacked don't force them onto others!
Hey, I wasn't even discussing anything remotely religious over there, until Poppin just came out saying that my beliefs were baseless. I was just joking about the Nihilists, about the "mind seeing outside the box", and stressed that it was a joke, but I'm never allowed to make jokes there.
Ok with science that the big bang theory requires that fundamental scientific laws do not exist for the first few minutes, but not ok for the creator to defy these laws...  Rolleyes
Tried to set you up as a spammer? You are imagining things and making a way bigger deal out of this than you need to. Is everything ok? You have not been yourself lately.
(07-23-2015, 05:13 PM)RolloTheGreat Wrote: Apoppin misses the point on several levels about religion:

1. The theories he believes are either antiquated (metaphysics) or just laughable (life is a simulation).

2. It's possible the Bible and everything in it are 100% true.

3. It's also possible that the Bible is brilliant social engineering and that religion fills many very positive roles in society and has for a very long time. (gives people hope, a sense of order for the world, a framework for charity and community, a moral compass)

There are a few things in the Bible that don't stand the test of time (attitude toward gays, women) but there's a lot more good than bad.

Furthermore, Apoppin isn't going to make any friends among the religious mocking their beliefs with his derision. (E.G. "the magic fairy book")

Want a "magic fairy tale"?

When Apoppin was involved with the beginning of ABT, he said it would soon be "bigger than Google" and that "Google level success is easy". Why? "It's metaphysics!"

You see, supposedly the collaboration of Apoppin, Dave, and BFG10K was a cosmic collision of mystical forces that would turn the internet upside down and change life as we know it. Why? "We're going to have a 3d virtual world forum, no one has ever done that".

No offense intended Dave, but did you ever at ANY point think ABT would be bigger than Google because it was going to be 3d? Or you were partnered with BFG10K and Apoppin? My guess is "no". Sound like a "magic fairy story" to you? My guess is "yes".

Have no doubts you  thought ABT could be a viable review site and forum, but presumably you pretty much knew all along the mind of Apoppin isn't changing the internet world like Google did.

Yeah, difficult times nowadays, with all of the temptation, etc..   I, like almost everybody, went through a phase when I was just hormone-crazed beyond my wits. 7 billion people among us, all tempting each other.. interesting times.

I'm not even wanting to discuss the Bible with you here in the public.  You don't need to "try to please me" by talking about it, if that's what you're doing, haha.  PM me, fine, but it's not a church forum.  I don't even really attend any churches myself, only every once in a while.  

[Image: grumpy-cat-new-pope-meme.jpg]
Ok with science that the big bang theory requires that fundamental scientific laws do not exist for the first few minutes, but not ok for the creator to defy these laws...  Rolleyes
I don't try to please any body. (as you might have noticed, I'm not exactly known for giving people the warm fuzzies)

But I do agree with you on these issues:
1. Apoppin is doing the same at BTR he did here, try to set up a forum where his word is law and only those who agree are welcome.
2. Some of the stuff he's saying (which I have said myself in the past) would be offensive to a Christian

I've come to realize there are no absolutes in the world and that most things/people have their pros/cons and see religion like that.

I think it's unlikely there's an anthropomorphized "god" that happens to look just like us and share our worst traits (jealousy, vengefulness) but I also realize I'm likely far too stupid to conceptualize what "god" would have to be. As such I don't discount it as one of the possibilities and look to the good the church does these days, try not to be as snarky.
(07-23-2015, 10:47 PM)SickBeast Wrote: Tried to set you up as a spammer? You are imagining things and making a way bigger deal out of this than you need to. Is everything ok? You have not been yourself lately.

Honestly, I'm confused...  thanks , I appreciate it, but do not really want to go back there anyway, and just would like to move on.  I really am done with BTR, and please accept/respect my personal decision. 

[Image: New-MEME-2014-Mark-Twain-Quote.jpg]
I do respect your decision, it's your life. I will miss you there.
I think there is a deep rooted psychological reason apoppin clinches a death grip on his simulation religion.  This helps him cope..........see, when he called us all "no life loosers", it is just a reflection of what he feels about himself.  He was lashing out the right ideas (because he is smart), just projecting them on to others.  It is the text book classic case of psychological projection.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Psychological_projection

Quote:Psychological projection is a theory in psychology in which humans defend themselves against unpleasant impulses by denying their existence in themselves, while attributing them to others.[1] For example, a person who is rude may constantly accuse other people of being rude.

According to some research, the projection of one's negative qualities onto others is a common process in everyday life.

Quote:Projection tends to come to the fore in normal people at times of crisis, personal or political but is more commonly found in the neurotic or psychotic in personalities functioning at a primitive level as in narcissistic personality disorder or borderline personality disorder.

Quote:Practical examples

Blaming the victim[b][/b]: The victim of someone else's accident or bad luck may be offered criticism, the theory being that the victim may be at fault for having attracted the other person's hostility.[23]

Projection of marital guilt: Thoughts of infidelity to a partner may be unconsciously projected in self-defence on to the partner in question, so that the guilt attached to the thoughts can be repudiated or turned to blame instead, in a process linked to denial.[24]

Bullying: A bully may project his/her own feelings of vulnerability onto the target(s) of the bullying activity. Despite the fact that a bully's typically denigrating activities are aimed at the bully's targets, the true source of such negativity is ultimately almost always found in the bully's own sense of personal insecurity and/or vulnerability.[25] Such aggressive projections of displaced negative emotions can occur anywhere from the micro-level of interpersonal relationships, all the way up through to the macro-level of international politics, or even international armed conflict.[20]

Projection of general guilt: Projection of a severe conscience[26] is another form of defence, one which may be linked to the making of false accusations, personal or political.[20]

Projection of hope: Also, in a more positive light, a patient may sometimes project his or her feelings of hope onto the therapist.[27]

Many of Apoppins flaws fit perfectly here and there is little denying the case of psychological projection. And if you can understand that his deep conscious is in full manipulation mode as it is coping, then it shouldnt be to hard to understand when i offer that his insistence that "everything is a simulation" is suspect as well.

I have long come to the conclusion that most likely it helps him not feel so lonely when he is playing video games, as he has told convinced himself that the entire world is a video game. His achievements in his simulated game worlds feel more rewarding, as an example: when he gets laid in a video game, to him it is the same as getting laid in real life.

But we can all pretend and fantasize, our minds are very powerful in its ability of delusion. But, there will always be that subconscious voice, a conflict deep within... A voice of reason.

That voice of reason is what he projects on to others. Everyone of us have a life. A real life with jobs and kids and families. Yet, we are the "no life loosers"? That little slip up (him saying those words out loud), it is enough on its own to see with absolute certainty there is no denying psychological projection. Of course there are other instances, they come out in just about every heated debate he is involved in. If someone cares enough, go thru the thread bofox posted and chances are high there will be projection.

When i first contested apoppins simulation theory, i quickly realized there was more to it....a lot more to it. This was something he fought passionately for but the real strange part was how desperately he needed his "theory" to hold up. I quit seeing it as a theory of his, he fights this religiously.

Anyway, apoppin is a smart guy but a guy with issues. We all have issues, but his are directly counterproductive in his life. They may very well consume him but his clever coping mechanisms can and may blind him the whole way.

*sorry if there are mistakes, totally distracted when i was trying to reply
(07-23-2015, 11:32 PM)SickBeast Wrote: BoFox you made a way bigger deal out of this than you needed to.

Maybe you right - but the reason I come on the forums is to have a good time, not to make a big deal out of anything.  It's not what I want.  He's very lucky to have such a caring and extremely loyal person like you supporting him even if he constantly launched the offensive, makes threats, etc..  Just carry on - no big deal.  I won't be missed there, you'll see.    :shy:
(07-24-2015, 12:06 AM)ocre Wrote: I think there is a deep rooted psychological reason apoppin clinches a death grip on his simulation religion.  This helps him cope..........see, when he called us all "no life loosers", it is just a reflection of what he feels about himself.  He was lashing out the right ideas (because he is smart), just projecting them on to others.  It is the text book classic case of psychological projection.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Psychological_projection

Quote:Psychological projection is a theory in psychology in which humans defend themselves against unpleasant impulses by denying their existence in themselves, while attributing them to others.[1] For example, a person who is rude may constantly accuse other people of being rude.

According to some research, the projection of one's negative qualities onto others is a common process in everyday life.

Quote:Projection tends to come to the fore in normal people at times of crisis, personal or political but is more commonly found in the neurotic or psychotic in personalities functioning at a primitive level as in narcissistic personality disorder or borderline personality disorder.

Quote:Practical examples

Blaming the victim: The victim of someone else's accident or bad luck may be offered criticism, the theory being that the victim may be at fault for having attracted the other person's hostility.[23]

Projection of marital guilt: Thoughts of infidelity to a partner may be unconsciously projected in self-defence on to the partner in question, so that the guilt attached to the thoughts can be repudiated or turned to blame instead, in a process linked to denial.[24]

Bullying: A bully may project his/her own feelings of vulnerability onto the target(s) of the bullying activity. Despite the fact that a bully's typically denigrating activities are aimed at the bully's targets, the true source of such negativity is ultimately almost always found in the bully's own sense of personal insecurity and/or vulnerability.[25] Such aggressive projections of displaced negative emotions can occur anywhere from the micro-level of interpersonal relationships, all the way up through to the macro-level of international politics, or even international armed conflict.[20]

Projection of general guilt: Projection of a severe conscience[26] is another form of defence, one which may be linked to the making of false accusations, personal or political.[20]

Projection of hope: Also, in a more positive light, a patient may sometimes project his or her feelings of hope onto the therapist.[27]

Many of Apoppins flaws fit perfectly here and there is little denying the case of psychological projection. And if you can understand that his deep conscious is in full manipulation mode as it is coping, then it shouldnt be to hard to understand when i offer that his insistence that "everything is a simulation" is suspect as well.  

I have long come to the conclusion that most likely it helps him not feel so lonely when he is playing video games,  as he has told convinced himself that the entire world is a video game.  His achievements in his simulated game worlds feel more rewarding, as an example: when he gets laid in a video game, to him it is the same as getting laid in real life.  

But we can all pretend and fantasize, our minds are very powerful in its ability of delusion.  But, there will always be that subconscious voice, a conflict deep within...  A voice of reason.  

That voice of reason is what he projects on to others.  Everyone of us have a life.  A real life with jobs and kids and families.  Yet, we are the "no life loosers"?  That little slip up (him saying those words out loud), it is enough on its own to see with absolute certainty there is no denying psychological projection.  Of course there are other instances, they come out in just about every heated debate he is involved in.   If someone cares enough, go thru the thread bofox posted and chances are high there will be projection.  

When i first contested apoppins simulation theory,  i quickly realized there was more to it....a lot more to it.  This was something he fought passionately for but the real strange part was how desperately he needed his "theory" to hold up.  I quit seeing it as a theory of his, he fights this religiously.

Anyway, apoppin is a smart guy but a guy with issues.  We all have issues, but his are directly counterproductive in his life.  They may very well consume him but his clever coping mechanisms can and may blind him the whole way.

*sorry if there are mistakes, totally distracted when i was trying to reply

Yeah I know he never apologized for calling us that (no life losers), and you're right that it's not to be taken personally, as it arises from his own issues.  That's great, for us to not take it personally.  So many psychological reasons for everything, as you mentioned!  One time, my Dad told me to go and get a life, after I couldn't stop playing too much Doom, Diablo, Duke Nukem, Starcraft, Warcraft, etc like a freak when I was young, and changed his mind about paying for my college tuition after he created a massive college savings fund of $11K during my childhood, but I took it personally for years.  We're all delicate human beings.  As to environments, it's important as well, if we're this delicate.  Choosing ABT over BTR is a no-brainer, so I don't have to worry about being drawn into a pit of flames there that is basically a time-sink whereas it's far less likely to happen in so many other places on Earth.  That's the reason I go to forums, to have a good time, not to suffer pointlessly constantly trying to appeal to a hater and defend myself against twisted accusations all day long.  I'm not a truly perfect saint that Sickbeast expects me to be, so I have my limits and reasons, even if "selfish", to move on to better things and places.

*Edited, more detail clarification

Glad to move on.  Nothing too bad, really.  All for the better!  Forget about me and my little crybaby issues, lol!

Moving on, fuck yeah!

Moving on, fuck yeah!
Ocre,
Your noting the theories of projection is very interesting.

Remember a few weeks back SickBeast was saying I was a "no life loser who spends no time with my family" a lot?

Could it be he was just saying what his Master Apoppin told him to say?

Could it be he's projecting his lifestyle on to me?

My conscience is clear- I take my son fishing/hunting/canoeing/boating EVERY week of the year, and never miss his sports or music events. Not to mention I take him on 4-5 fishing/watersports vacations a year.

Have to wonder how many people working full time spend "more" time with their kids?
Sickbeast, I'm having a hard time understanding why the guy who banned 3 people here is better than those whom he banned?  Dave had to stop Poppin from banning me here on ABT at least 2-3 times, and made him apologize 2 different times.  Rollo doesn't verbally attack like Poppin does.  If both of them were puppies of the same type, the bite from Rollo wouldn't even leave any marks on the arm, while the bite from Poppin would break the skin with the teeth sinking into the flesh.  Better to just let that puppy go.. unless you really feel for violent dogs and pet them everyday, take them out for a walk everyday, and quickly pull out a bone whenever the puppy growls at you.  Oops, the puppy bit that toddler walking on the street...  *SB shrugs with an indifferent shoulder*, and pats the puppy empathizing with its "innocence", defending it from angry parents.  

I know that Poppin is an excellent reviewer, but it does not give him a right to verbally abuse others or to ban others based on disagreements about certain topics.  

Soon, within the next decade or so, banning will be treated much more seriously in criminal courts as a form of discrimination.  There's a serious court case going on very close to where I live:
‘Reign of terror’: An online troll destroys a family’s offline life
http://www.washingtonpost.com/local/crim...story.html

There will be more laws concerning the treatment of each individual citizen on the internet.  It's like job discrimination being taken very seriously everywhere - but not just limited to work.  Personal and social privileges should not be discriminated by sadistic trolls who have the power to verbally abuse, unfairly threaten, ban, etc.. 

Poppin might think it's his OWN home, but it's a public place, just like any privately owned shop or restaurant hiring workers and serving the public. 

These will be interesting times as the world adapts to a novel major component of life, the internet.  SB might support Poppin because of his work, but work or money does not make a person more important than others, giving him the right to do anything....

BTW - it's not necessarily Poppin as the subject (just an example to the 3 people here), but many of those unscrupulous admins/mods out there who power-troll in a very severe manner, harshly attacking their personal beliefs and values or making twisted accusations, and also banning anybody - especially the unliked ones - who do not graduate the hazing or succeed at the personality pageantry.

The linked story is very big news around here in DC.
BoFox you are completely delusional comparing apoppin to Rollo like that. I'm actually shocked.
(07-24-2015, 07:21 AM)SickBeast Wrote: BoFox you are completely delusional comparing apoppin to Rollo like that.  I'm actually shocked.

Remember when Keysplayr left for good right after seeing Poppin ban Rollo the last time?  Keysplayr found it to be so unbelievably disgusting and unfair.  Keysplayr was friends with Poppin for more than 10 years, and just this one thing is what broke it up for good.  Right there to read, on the old forum - from less than a year ago.

It's ironical to see gobs and gobs of sympathy for the one who exerted the actual power-tripping, and complete resentment towards the one who just happened to have a less than respectable history of shilling (really company's fault anyway) and a couple wounds to lick.  Sick Beast of a judge who thinks one person has feelings, and the other doesn't..  I've been bitten enough times (trying to set me up for the "perfect ban", and out of nowhere this time)- so I have to let it go as I'm not welcome there.

Sorry SB and Poppin, but I have a life.  Can't spend too much of it fending off flames from a time-sink of a flaming pit that the hater spews.
What do you guys think the internet/forums will be like 15-20 years from now?  Will there be stricter laws enforced as much as on the public streets of the US, to protect individual posters on every public forum registered in America, at least?  How will the freedom of speech be maintained?  Will religious discrimination carried out by forum mods/admins be as taboo and strictly enforced against, as much as say, a store owner discriminating a Hindu lady walking in the door for wearing a hood over her hair, or refusing to hire Jews (which could result in a complete shut down of the business)?
(07-24-2015, 08:04 AM)BoFox Wrote:
(07-24-2015, 07:21 AM)SickBeast Wrote: BoFox you are completely delusional comparing apoppin to Rollo like that.  I'm actually shocked.

Remember when Keysplayr left for good right after seeing Poppin ban Rollo the last time?  Keysplayr found it to be so unbelievably disgusting and unfair.  Keysplayr was friends with Poppin for more than 10 years, and just this one thing is what broke it up for good.  Right there to read, on the old forum - from less than a year ago.

It's ironical to see gobs and gobs of sympathy for the one who exerted the actual power-tripping, and complete resentment towards the one who just happened to have a less than respectable history of shilling (really company's fault anyway) and a couple wounds to lick.  Sick Beast of a judge who thinks one person has feelings, and the other doesn't..  I've been bitten enough times (trying to set me up for the "perfect ban", and out of nowhere this time)- so I have to let it go as I'm not welcome there.

I'm not entirely sure Apoppin has never been part of the Advocates, I'd actually be pretty shocked if he was not.

It all adds up:
His relentless persecution of me on ATVF.
His relations with ATi.
His hiring an Advocate Upline to work on ABT.

I wouldn't be surprised at all if his whole viral marketing expose' was autobiographical and the public transition from being an Advocate (one sort of voice for equipment makers) to being a "reviewer" for NVIDIA. (another type of voice for equipment makers, and a step up for Apoppin)

He even said he was to me in a backhanded way once in a PM. Told me he had information about the AMD Viral program, and when I asked him where he got it, he replied "I am Mr.Ed!". (from the old tv show when the horse identifies himself)

Then he kind of danced around it.

It would make sense if you think about it though.
I fully agree with BoFox on Trollpoppin.  But I was reading the Washington Post article and noticed that the victim had done this:
Quote:Mr. Misery [user name of victim] displayed quirky humor but also contributed offensive comments about child molestation and the Sept. 11, 2001, attacks. Moreno said those posts were not serious, but he earned the ire of some users.
Seriously, you don't get offensive when it comes to child molestation, and the last person to say something offensive about 9/11, Ward Churchill, got investigated, which led to uncovering massive academic fraud by him and his being forced out of the University of Colorado. Both are bad karma.

He also kept at it with some persistence:
Quote:Mr. Misery was banned from the forum in January 2012 for flooding it with messages, but William Moreno continued to post under other usernames. A couple of months after the ban, the lawsuit says, Moreno received the e-mail that referenced VCU. Eesh threatened to take Moreno’s posts to school officials.
Valve hater, Nintendo hater, Microsoft defender, AMD hater, Google Fiber hater, 4K lover, net neutrality lover.
(07-24-2015, 08:49 AM)SteelCrysis Wrote: I fully agree with BoFox on Trollpoppin.  But I was reading the Washington Post article and noticed that the victim had done this:
Quote:Mr. Misery [user name of victim] displayed quirky humor but also contributed offensive comments about child molestation and the Sept. 11, 2001, attacks. Moreno said those posts were not serious, but he earned the ire of some users.
Seriously, you don't get offensive when it comes to child molestation, and the last person to say something offensive about 9/11, Ward Churchill, got investigated, which led to uncovering massive academic fraud by him and his being forced out of the University of Colorado.  Both are bad karma.

He also kept at it with some persistence:
Quote:Mr. Misery was banned from the forum in January 2012 for flooding it with messages, but William Moreno continued to post under other usernames. A couple of months after the ban, the lawsuit says, Moreno received the e-mail that referenced VCU. Eesh threatened to take Moreno’s posts to school officials.

Agreed.

It's fucked up to joke about child molestation. The victims of it have difficult enough lives, and parents of kids have enough to worry about.

Same goes for 9/11- how many families lives shattered? How many retirement accounts wiped out and people had to keep working?

I was at a rental cabin with my family and when I came back off the lake someone told me what had happened and I was horrified. I thought it was the beginning of the end, the start of WW3.

Free speech is one thing, using the internet to torture victims of tragedy is another.
(07-24-2015, 09:12 AM)RolloTheGreat Wrote: Agreed.

It's fucked up to joke about child molestation. The victims of it have difficult enough lives, and parents of kids have enough to worry about.

Same goes for 9/11- how many families lives shattered? How many retirement accounts wiped out and people had to keep working?

I was at a rental cabin with my family and when I came back off the lake someone told me what had happened and I was horrified. I thought it was the beginning of the end, the start of WW3.

Free speech is one thing, using the internet to torture victims of tragedy is another.
You said it. So did Wyatt Earp in Tombstone: "You called down the thunder, well now you've got it!"
Valve hater, Nintendo hater, Microsoft defender, AMD hater, Google Fiber hater, 4K lover, net neutrality lover.
(07-24-2015, 08:04 AM)BoFox Wrote: Sorry SB and Poppin, but I have a life.  Can't spend too much of it fending off flames from a time-sink of a flaming pit that the hater spews.
You keep trying to drag me into this. Can I ask why you keep doing that? I really have no interest in your conflict.
(07-24-2015, 09:31 AM)SickBeast Wrote:
(07-24-2015, 08:04 AM)BoFox Wrote: Sorry SB and Poppin, but I have a life.  Can't spend too much of it fending off flames from a time-sink of a flaming pit that the hater spews.
You keep trying to drag me into this.  Can I ask why you keep doing that?  I really have no interest in your conflict.
I don't believe you, because you can't stop aiming posts at BoFox.
(07-24-2015, 08:35 AM)RolloTheGreat Wrote:
(07-24-2015, 08:04 AM)BoFox Wrote:

I'm not entirely sure Apoppin has never been part of the Advocates, I'd actually be pretty shocked if he was not.

It all adds up:
His relations with ATi.

I wouldn't be surprised at all if his whole viral marketing expose' was autobiographical and the public transition from being an Advocate (one sort of voice for equipment makers) to being a "reviewer" for NVIDIA. (another type of voice for equipment makers, and a step up for Apoppin)

He even said he was to me in a backhanded way once in a PM. Told me he had information about the AMD Viral program, and when I asked him where he got it, he replied "I am Mr.Ed!". (from the old tv show when the horse identifies himself)

When was this?
(07-24-2015, 08:35 AM)RolloTheGreat Wrote: I'm not entirely sure Apoppin has never been part of the Advocates, I'd actually be pretty shocked if he was not.

It all adds up:
His relations with ATi.

I don't think so. If he was in the back pocket of AMD I wouldn't have had to spend my hard earned money to buy AMD video cards for him to review like I did.
You see Rollo? You are clueless where Apoppin (and me and SickBeast) are concerned. Keep fantasizing though........
Adam knew he should have bought a PC but Eve fell for the marketing hype.

Homeopathy is what happened when snake oil salesmen discovered that water is cheaper than snake oil.

The reason they call it the American Dream is because you have to be asleep to believe it. -- George Carlin
(07-24-2015, 01:07 PM)ocre Wrote: When was this?

Back in my ATVF days, when can't remember exactly what year. In retrospect, I wonder if he was hoping I'd recruit him to be in the NVIDIA group.

Told me a lot about how he "knows these AMD virals" and they had "reached out to him". I seriously doubt the Advocates keep anyone in their loop of information other than other Advocates- would blow the whole secrecy thing.
(07-24-2015, 01:51 PM)dmcowen674 Wrote: I don't think so. If he was in the back pocket of AMD I wouldn't have had to spend my hard earned money to buy AMD video cards for him to review like I did.

:exclamation:

You bought his review cards...paid for this web site....acted as it's admin....and he took off leaving you high and dry for review content because the site was down a few days?!

Apoppin is teh devil. Romans

Could still be true in any case. Apoppin establishing review relations with NVIDIA may well have ended his Advocate status with AMD. They might have seen Apoppin as a security risk for NDA info, and maybe he was never an "upper tier" Advocate.
(07-24-2015, 09:35 AM)SteelCrysis Wrote:
You keep trying to drag me into this.  Can I ask why you keep doing that?  I really have no interest in your conflict.

How so? Please give me an example.
(07-24-2015, 05:46 PM)SickBeast Wrote:
Quote:
Quote:You keep trying to drag me into this.  Can I ask why you keep doing that?  I really have no interest in your conflict.
How so?  Please give me an example.
Your quoted post is the most recent example.
(07-24-2015, 08:54 PM)SteelCrysis Wrote:
(07-24-2015, 05:46 PM)SickBeast Wrote:
Quote:
Quote:You keep trying to drag me into this.  Can I ask why you keep doing that?  I really have no interest in your conflict.
How so?  Please give me an example.
Your quoted post is the most recent example.

You're not making sense. I'm just asking him to leave me out of it. If he's got a problem with apoppin that has nothing to do with me and I don't want to be involved in the conflict. I actually really like both of them.
(07-24-2015, 01:51 PM)dmcowen674 Wrote:
(07-24-2015, 08:35 AM)RolloTheGreat Wrote: I'm not entirely sure Apoppin has never been part of the Advocates, I'd actually be pretty shocked if he was not.

It all adds up:
His relations with ATi.

I don't think so. If he was in the back pocket of AMD I wouldn't have had to spend my hard earned money to buy AMD video cards for him to review like I did.

That was a few years after ABT was launched (2 years), with HD 7970 the first card that you had to buy, after AMD couldn't tolerate him sharing leaked details on HD 6990 before the NDA, that painted it in poor light.  

It could have been possible BEFORE he started ABT with you. 

I was reading apoppin's posts when he was a VC&G moderator over at ATF from many years ago.  Sometimes he would just troll hard on anybody who disagreed with him, making snarky comments over and over again.  It was disgusting to read.  He was all against AEG/Nvidia, while yet knowing soooo much about ATi's own PR department (and he wasn't even a reviewer, so how come he "talked to" the guys at ATi's marketing dept like as if they were his close friends by referring to them, expecting them to be reading his own posts)? 

Of course, it would've been impossible to receive cards from Nvidia if he were still blatantly shilling for ATI/AMD.  So, it had to be way before that (the site was launched shortly after AMD bought ATI).  Also, with it all a secret, Nvidia probably didn't have evidence that he was a shill in the past.  Plus why did AMD actually act like as if ABT should be a flog site in the first place, if everything Poppin said about Nigel Dessau were correct, like some sort of secret agreement behind your back?  And then blacklist ABT just 2 years later?  How did Poppin know soooo much about all of this, and yet refuse to share much of any real evidence at all, to support his accusations?  

Rollo, WOW, it actually makes sense to me after all this time.  Some types of people can't EVER admit to any wrongdoing, even if to the slightest degree.
[Image: slow_clap_citizen_kane.gif]

We all realize that apoppin is by definition a coward for running away and not discussing his grand theories (ToE, or "Theory of Everything") here where he doesn't have admin powers.
(07-24-2015, 11:11 PM)BoFox Wrote: Rollo, WOW, it actually makes sense to me after all this time.  Some types of people can't EVER admit to any wrongdoing, even if to the slightest degree.

Oh look another conspiracy theory on ABT. Angel
(07-24-2015, 11:19 PM)BoFox Wrote:
[Image: slow_clap_citizen_kane.gif]

We all realize that apoppin is by definition a coward for running away and not discussing his grand theories (ToE, or "Theory of Everything") here where he doesn't have admin powers.

Why don't you guys start a "bitch fest about apoppin" thread so you can all rag on the guy when he's not even here to respond. Get all your rage out in one thread. Because your constant negativity about the guy gets boring and it's consuming the entire forum.
Yes, he's here - he's a jr member here, not an admin.  So he calls us no-life losers, and runs away.  Typical of a coward.

If you're saying:
Quote: If he's got a problem with apoppin that has nothing to do with me and I don't want to be involved in the conflict.

[Image: image.jpg?w=554&c=1]
(07-24-2015, 11:26 PM)BoFox Wrote: Yes, he's here - he's a jr member here, not an admin.  So he calls us no-life losers, and runs away.  Typical of a coward.

Are you really this upset because he called the Bible a bunch of fables? You realize that a lot of people feel that way, right?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_re...opulations

30% of the world's population is Christian, I think it would be pretty fair to surmise that the remaining 70% of people think that the Bible is fables.

I don't let that stuff bother me personally. Certainly not to the extent that you are allowing it to bother you. You are really blowing this way out of proportion, I'm telling you. You have a chip off your shoulder about the guy. You need to let it go.

I think you need to be happy with your own beliefs and stop worrying about what other people think of them. It's going to drive you crazy otherwise.
(07-24-2015, 11:11 PM)BoFox Wrote:

It all adds up:
His relations with ATi.

That was a few years after ABT was launched (2 years), with HD 7970 the first card that you had to buy, after AMD couldn't tolerate him sharing leaked details on HD 6990 before the NDA, that painted it in poor light.  

I was reading apoppin's posts when he was a VC&G moderator over at ATF from many years ago.  Sometimes he would just troll hard on anybody who disagreed with him, making snarky comments over and over again.  It was disgusting to read.  He was all against AEG/Nvidia, while yet knowing soooo much about ATi's own PR department (and he wasn't even a reviewer, so how come he "talked to" the guys at ATi's marketing dept like as if they were his close friends by referring to them, expecting them to be reading his own posts)? 

Of course, it would've been impossible to receive cards from Nvidia if he were still blatantly shilling for ATI/AMD.  So, it had to be way before that (the site was launched shortly after AMD bought ATI).  Also, with it all a secret, Nvidia probably didn't have evidence that he was a shill in the past.  Plus why did AMD actually act like as if ABT should be a flog site in the first place, if everything Poppin said about Nigel Dessau were correct, like some sort of secret agreement behind your back?  And then blacklist ABT just 2 years later?  How did Poppin know soooo much about all of this, and yet refuse to share much of any real evidence at all, to support his accusations?  

Rollo, WOW, it actually makes sense to me after all this time.  Some types of people can't EVER admit to any wrongdoing, even if to the slightest degree.

I think Apoppin has been opportunistically bopping through life for a very long time.

I would also bet decent money he was an Advocate before there were Advocates.

His old posts, his "talks" with ATi PR, all the stuff you say points at it.

My guess is things went sour with Apoppin and ATi/AMD so he used the one weapon he had to strike back at them- his knowledge of the Advocate program.

Then he jumped on the NVIDIA's helper train and rides that to this day. A website without developer relations to all the players basically IS a flog site.

BTR is the last place I want reviews from.
(07-24-2015, 11:31 PM)SickBeast Wrote:
(07-24-2015, 11:26 PM)BoFox Wrote: Yes, he's here - he's a jr member here, not an admin.  So he calls us no-life losers, and runs away.  Typical of a coward.

Are you really this upset because he called the Bible a bunch of fables?  You realize that a lot of people feel that way, right?  

30% of the world's population is Christian, I think it would be pretty fair to surmise that the remaining 70% of people think that the Bible is fables.

I don't let that stuff bother me personally.  Certainly not to the extent that you are allowing it to bother you.  You are really blowing this way out of proportion, I'm telling you.  You have a chip off your shoulder about the guy.  You need to let it go.

I think you need to be happy with your own beliefs and stop worrying about what other people think of them.  It's going to drive you crazy otherwise.

Dude, nice try, but geez...  slipping and rolling in the mud in front of me by getting it all wrong..

Boo-yah again, by the way. 

He basically said that he was not treating me like a friend, when he admitted that he is deciding to finally treat me like his "friends" who believe in the stuff that he hates.   That's nice of him to say that, but such a dishonest comment is a smoke screen while trying to set me up for the perfect ban. 

It's simply this:  Coward doesn't see us as friends over here, and refuses to post again where he doesn't have admin powers.  This is the bottom line, SickBeast. He refuses to participate in a "fair" arena where he cannot cheat.
(07-24-2015, 11:44 PM)RolloTheGreat Wrote:
(07-24-2015, 11:11 PM)BoFox Wrote:

It all adds up:
His relations with ATi.

I think Apoppin has been opportunistically bopping through life for a very long time.

I would also bet decent money he was an Advocate before there were Advocates.

His old posts, his "talks" with ATi PR, all the stuff you say points at it.

My guess is things went sour with Apoppin and ATi/AMD so he used the one weapon he had to strike back at them- his knowledge of the Advocate program.

Then he jumped on the NVIDIA's helper train and rides that to this day. A website without developer relations to all the players basically IS a flog site.

BTR is the last place I want reviews from.

LOL this is a new low.
(07-24-2015, 11:47 PM)BoFox Wrote:
(07-24-2015, 11:31 PM)SickBeast Wrote:

Are you really this upset because he called the Bible a bunch of fables?  You realize that a lot of people feel that way, right?  

I don't let that stuff bother me personally.  Certainly not to the extent that you are allowing it to bother you.  You are really blowing this way out of proportion, I'm telling you.  You have a chip off your shoulder about the guy.  You need to let it go.

I think you need to be happy with your own beliefs and stop worrying about what other people think of them.  It's going to drive you crazy otherwise.

Dude, nice try, but geez...  slipping and rolling in the mud in front of me by getting it all wrong..  

Boo-yah again, by the way. 

He basically said that he was not treating me like a friend, when he admitted that he is deciding to finally treat me like his "friends" who believe in the stuff that he hates.   That's nice of him to say that, but such a dishonest comment is a smoke screen while trying to set me up for the perfect ban. 

It's simply this:  Coward doesn't see us as friends over here, and refuses to post again where he doesn't have admin powers.  This is the bottom line, SickBeast.  He refuses to participate in a "fair" arena where he cannot cheat.

I dunno man. I have known apoppin for a very long time now, 15 years actually. I have never had any type of conflict over that span, and he has never moderated me aside from the one time I used mod powers on gstanford (that was fun and totally worth it BTW - I love you Greg! LOL).

I think religion is obviously a touchy subject for him. I mean, think about it, he was raised as JW but he clearly had no interest in it. Those guys come to my house and preach at me constantly, I can only imagine them in their own home. He's probably just had enough of it at this point. I'm fine with that. I'm not there to talk about religion with him. I like talking about computers with him, he knows a lot and he's very interesting to interact with. I think it's really too bad that so many of you here have not had a similar experience. I will say that when he left ABT he was clearly under duress from the whole situation. I'm not trying to blame anyone, I'm just saying that I think it was upsetting for him. I always try to be compassionate with people when they are going through stuff. I know people have been there for me when I have been having a hard time.

I just really think all of you need to let it go at this point. Just be happy for him if he turns out to be very successful with BTR. I think he has done a really great job on his own. Things didn't work out here. That's really between him and Dave. You guys shouldn't take it so personally that he's not here. It's got nothing to do with you guys, it has everything to do with what he wants to achieve with BTR.