Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Free Speech not allowed on Reddit
SB, you got a point. Too bad you're not a national diplomat like the ones I see around here all the time in DC, as you seem to love doing this (except for attacking Rollo, lol).

It's not the religion, but the fairness of discussion upon any subject (like the ones that SteelCrysis and Rollo got banned for).

Sickbeast, you really need to wake up and smell the reality.
Ok with science that the big bang theory requires that fundamental scientific laws do not exist for the first few minutes, but not ok for the creator to defy these laws...  Rolleyes
(07-25-2015, 12:35 AM)BoFox Wrote: SB, you got a point.  Too bad you're not a national diplomat like the ones I see around here all the time in DC, as you seem to love doing this (except for attacking Rollo, lol).  

It's not the religion, but the fairness of discussion upon any subject (like the ones that SteelCrysis and Rollo got banned for).  

Sickbeast, you really need to wake up and smell the reality.

I think Rollo and SteelCrysis got banned for their own reasons. apoppin has not set up BTR as a "free speech haven" like we have here. He wants discussion about technology and his main focus for the site is not the forum. I think he considered Rollo and SteelCrysis to be too much of a PITA; I don't think it was about "fairness of discussion".

If free speech and "fairness of discussion" is what you care most about, I say stay here at ABT and more power to you. It's your choice. I just really wish you guys would lay off apoppin at this point. He's doing his own thing over there, this is all a needless distraction for everyone.
See, I didn't post on BTR ever since I said I'd stop.   That's self-control, Tongue

[Image: Coward.jpg]

What happened to posting reviews on both ABT and BTR, as Poppin originally said was agreed upon?  Went all bitter?
Ok with science that the big bang theory requires that fundamental scientific laws do not exist for the first few minutes, but not ok for the creator to defy these laws...  Rolleyes
(07-25-2015, 12:53 AM)BoFox Wrote: See, I didn't post on BTR ever since I said I'd stop.   That's self-control, Tongue

[Image: Coward.jpg]

What happened to posting reviews on both ABT and BTR, as Poppin originally said was agreed upon?  Went all bitter?

I'm pretty sure BTR's traffic has surpassed ABT at this point. I don't think you will see him back at ABT, ever. Like I said, you guys all need to just respect his decision and move on. Is he bitter? I don't think so. He learned a lot when he created ABT with Dave. I think he's simply doing what is best for himself and his own goals. I don't see the big deal in just respecting his decision to move on. Like I said, you guys are all making a federal case out of this and blowing things way out of proportion. There is no conspiracy theory. BTR is not an nVidia flog site.

If you want to talk about being bitter, you guys need to look at yourselves. You are the ones badmouthing him, not the other way around.
Guys I'm going on vacation for a week starting tomorrow. I want you all to behave while I'm gone, mkay? Especially you, Rollo. No talking trash about apoppin! I mean it! I will be back!
(07-25-2015, 01:08 AM)SickBeast Wrote: Guys I'm going on vacation for a week starting tomorrow.  I want you all to behave while I'm gone, mkay?  Especially you, Rollo.  No talking trash about apoppin!  I mean it!  I will be back!

Or the wrath of SickBeast is gonna get all of us, trap us down and tie our arms so that Poppin can come back here and prove that he's not a coward?  *welps*  We were never going to hurt him anyway, unless he has some hypersensitive psychological issues that makes his skin bleed from lightly patting him on the shoulder to let him know that it was just a joke.
Well I do have to say, BoFox, that you successfully dragged me into this.

I will be back. I hope you guys have a good week.
And until apoppin can face us so-called "no-life losers" out in the open where debates of any subject have more freedom from his control/authority, he's a spineless coward.
He has simply moved on, he's not a coward.
(07-25-2015, 01:01 AM)SickBeast Wrote: I'm pretty sure BTR's traffic has surpassed ABT at this point.
You would be wrong about that. Alexa shows BTR far behind ABT in global rank and significantly behind in US rank.

(07-25-2015, 01:01 AM)SickBeast Wrote:  I don't think you will see him back at ABT, ever.  Like I said, you guys all need to just respect his decision and move on.  Is he bitter?  I don't think so.  He learned a lot when he created ABT with Dave.  I think he's simply doing what is best for himself and his own goals.
You mean after he stabbed Dave in the back at ABT? Why would we respect Apoppin for using Dave to buy him video cards and admin the site and shafting him because Dave didn't quit his job and work on the site fast enough for him?

(07-25-2015, 01:01 AM)SickBeast Wrote:  I don't see the big deal in just respecting his decision to move on.
Why would we respect Apoppin grifting Dave and then casting him aside when he didn't obey Apoppin's mandates?

(07-25-2015, 01:01 AM)SickBeast Wrote:  Like I said, you guys are all making a federal case out of this and blowing things way out of proportion.  There is no conspiracy theory.  BTR is not an nVidia flog site.

LOL Well if you say so, it must not be.

(07-25-2015, 01:01 AM)SickBeast Wrote: If you want to talk about being bitter, you guys need to look at yourselves.  You are the ones badmouthing him, not the other way around.

Well he did ban and insult us all, and is trying to destroy the ABT to make more profits for himself, but other than those things, he's a great guy. Rolleyes
Rollo we all know that you have some type of beef with apoppin. A long standing grudge.
(07-25-2015, 05:41 AM)SickBeast Wrote: Rollo we all know that you have some type of beef with apoppin.  A long standing grudge.

Does that change what he did here?

How many years has Dave run this site, working long hours on it?

How much money did Dave spend on Apoppin's video cards to help with his reviews?

How much time did we all spend here, reading and posting, trying to make this site a success?

Do you remember Apoppin banning most of us?

Do you remember Apoppin insulting us? Calling us "no life losers he's better off without"?

Now you're on here, "Well Apoppin has screwed Dave like a three dollar streetwalker, we should respect his wishes and post on his new site and help him build that. Fuck Dave and all the work and money he put into ABT.".

If you and GStan had any concept of "honor" or "justice", you'd leave Apoppin alone in his own little world of BTR.

He's more than earned the solitude.
You know what, Rollo, I'm not going to comment on the conflict between Mark and Dave. That's between the two of them. I see you have chosen sides. I'm not going to let you drag me into this one.

See you guys in a week! I'm off to the Caribbean Sea! Big Grin
Hey sickbeast,
I hope you have a wonderful time.

We just got back from the gulf, i actually had a way better time than I expected.
Stayed in panama then Pensacola and stayed in AL orange beach/gulf shores.

Was crazy cause we had no plans or schedule, just figured out stuff to do as we went. After Florida, I just called work and took off another week, thought I would check out Alabama beaches. The best vacation ever....
Was a blast

I hope you and your family enjoy your trip
Thanks ocre! I'm glad you had such a great trip. I have a new radeon waiting for me when I get back as well, I'm really excited. I plan to mod it with water cooling as well.
(07-25-2015, 02:58 AM)SickBeast Wrote: He has simply moved on, he's not a coward.

What, are you breastfeeding him now?  He sure likes your milk..  :Big Grin 

He said he was going to write a book on his Theory of Everything, but I must've burst his bubble by disproving everything, so he can never forgive me for that, with a life-long resentment deep down inside.  He's not even telling us what he thinks the age of the universe is, other than saying that it's not 14 billion years..   Must be embarrassed, I guess.
(07-25-2015, 07:25 AM)ocre Wrote: Hey sickbeast,  
I hope you have a wonderful time.  

We just got back from the gulf, i actually had a way better time than I expected.  
Stayed in panama then Pensacola and stayed in AL orange beach/gulf shores.

Was crazy cause we had no plans or schedule, just figured out stuff to do as we went.  After Florida, I just called work and took off another week, thought I would check out Alabama beaches.  The best vacation ever....
Was a blast

I hope you and your family enjoy your trip

Wow, that's like my second home!  Glad you had a complete blast!!!  We always go there during the summers, to my parents waterfront home, and my mom-in-law lives just one block away from the beach also.  We used to stay there for 2-3 months each summer, but now only about 1 month, going to other places as well.  Most people who live there do not really have a blast except just a few weekends over the summer, unless they live it like vacationers do.  It's all about the mindset.  You rocked it there!
Just got to spend two weeks.

Well, my kids are getting older and it's hard to please everyone at the same time.....or at least that was my worry. Turns out we all had a blast. The kids were happy doing kids stuff and they enjoyed things I thought they would be bored with.

no computers and very minimal tablet use (such as in the room when others were showering or sleeping), I expected resistance to this but they never once complained
Cool! Did you visit Destin, Navarre Beach, P'cola Beach, Perdido Key, etc.?
Dear Poppin (I have so little time now, btw),

What I said against you is just me trying to provoke you to come over again, as you're still a member here. (BTW, I don't mean for eveything that I said to be the absolute truth.) You've never been banned before.

If it weren't for Dave, you would've never started ABT or likely even BTR by yourself. He's not even going to try to set you up for a ban - never seen any threats from him.

If you say that you will treat me as your friend, then please feel free to participate here on ABT's new forum, where you created a new account this year. No need to discuss religious topics with me - I won't even bother to discuss mine with you (except if you must explicitly attack my beliefs and discriminate my religion, drawing me to defend it). Don't be such a snob here, ok, lol? We just like some good old fashioned debates - and I'll help defend you like Sickbeast does, if I agree with you (and I do about half of the time anyway). Just let it be fun, and it will all be ok like it should be. Truce, Poppin?
That was sick, beast!  How were you able to make a blank post without even editing it?  A metaphysical glitch?  

Apoppin, forget about what I said in this thread (I can even delete it if you want), but don't be a coward, don't be a snob.   Wink Heart :elf: We don't bite, if you trust us that we don't (as what you "trust" has gobs and gobs to do with how you perceive or judge things), and we'd know that you won't be able to really bite here either, so perhaps you'd discover that there's a radically different approach here now that the temptation is no longer in the way (to abuse authority or to make threats).  It's a psychological fact that aggressiveness attracts aggressiveness, congeniality attracts congeniality, and so on..  And if members feel threatened, they're probably more likely to snap back at some point, even pre-emptively.  When they know that it's now more of a fair atmosphere, they probably would show more understanding to you (and they'd also feel like you're more understanding to them as well).

BTW, you guys, I don't mean that I know everything about y'all, but it really seems like human nature to me, as it does apply to myself and my feelings/emotions.  And Poppin, I really understand that you do as well, and just want you to give the new forum a shot.  You might be amazed. 

It's like Scrooge learning to let go of his need to control/criticize/etc..  and what joy was there to be had!!! 

Now, I feel like I'm trying too hard to manipulate you.  Perhaps dreary silence would be golden but yet as chilly as the gold that Scrooge believed in, so I just feel that this is a better approach to let you know that if you want to give it a try, we'd see you as a guy on our level, not as an angry snob.  Your work is great, but please don't act like it's the only thing that matters to you now.  You're just taking it way too seriously, and dare I say, "religiously" - like Scrooge and his own ideals.  And, don't feel too proud that I'm comparing you to the success/wealth of Scrooge, lol.  It's really just an illusion in the long run.  We might seem angry at you sometimes, but it's really because we care about you, dude.  Tongue

Maybe see you again here, or in another world. Take care.
I'm back! I hope you guys behaved yourselves.
Yeah, pretty much lol Tongue

Bottom line is that Poppin needs to be more professional, and back off from openly criticizing other people's religions if he doesn't want others to criticize his own beliefs about the Matrix simulation theory. And attacking others is another thing - even if he didn't like the jokes.
You need a thicker skin man. You came on there taking about religion when we were discussing hardware. If you can't take the heat then you shouldn't enter the kitchen! You came into the kitchen and turned the stove on full blast!
(08-06-2015, 02:43 AM)SickBeast Wrote: You need a thicker skin man.  You came on there taking about religion when we were discussing hardware.  If you can't take the heat then you shouldn't enter the kitchen!  You came into the kitchen and turned the stove on full blast!

Oh boy, you guys were talking religion, not hardware.  Just go back and read the thread.  Geez, *facepalms*  lol....    and didn't mean to blow up the house with a light joke. 

If you 2 guys are like this, there's just no way I'm ever going back there into that "sob house".  Sorry, dude.  Out in the open is better for me.  And that guy can crawl out of his hole, and face me here if he wants to debate further.  You're just enjoying crawling into his hole - I understand.  Big Grin
Were we talking about religion already? My apologies if we were. You do need a thicker skin if you're going to talk about religion though, that applies both here and elsewhere, free speech or not. Poppin did not moderate you either, he did nothing to you aside from hurting your feelings. Just let it go. He is a nice guy. You're a nice guy. He has moved on, you should do so as well.
No problem - I moved on, and I even welcome him to debate further with me here, if he so wishes. No hatred, no anger. Just harmless debate with good sportsmanship out in the open, where threats do not work. He wants religion to continue to be an open topic on his forum, but cannot tolerate it when I mention anything about his own religious discussions over there. So I can see that it's not welcome, and just am moving on. It seems like he wants to be left alone with his own convictions about his own simulation theory while being quite dogmatic about it and directly criticizing religions at the same time (did you ever see Anand or Toms or even the loud-mouthed Kyle criticizing other people's religions on their own forums)? Already experienced this many times before, and it's an even stronger case now. He can run things all he wants in his own territory while refusing to come out of there for so many reasons that he obviously feels guilty of. Best thing for me is to just move on... rather than staying at BTR compared to what the vast universe has to offer. And I can still read his reviews, etc.. it's not like as if his review pages are no longer getting hits from me, so don't worry. Tongue
(08-06-2015, 03:16 AM)BoFox Wrote: No problem - I moved on, and I even welcome him to debate further with me here, if he so wishes.  No hatred, no anger.  Just harmless debate with good sportsmanship out in the open, where threats do not work.  He wants religion to continue to be an open topic on his forum, but cannot tolerate it when I mention anything about his own religious discussions over there.  So I can see that it's not welcome, and just am moving on.  It seems like he wants to be left alone with his own convictions about his own simulation theory while being quite dogmatic about it and directly criticizing religions at the same time (did you ever see Anand or Toms or even the loud-mouthed Kyle criticizing other people's religions on their own forums)?  Already experienced this many times before, and it's an even stronger case now.  He can run things all he wants in his own territory while refusing to come out of there for so many reasons that he obviously feels guilty of.  Best thing for me is to just move on...  rather than staying at BTR compared to what the vast universe has to offer.  And I can still read his reviews, etc..  it's not like as if his review pages are no longer getting hits from me, so don't worry.  Tongue

That's fair. I can tell you calmed down now and had some time to think about it. Smile

I also am a Christian and I completely disagree with his views. I completely understand that he has had enough of people preaching the gospel at him. Just try to imagine being raised as a JW when you had no interest in it at all. He also lost his mom because of her views - she refused to have a blood transfusion.

I think it would be great if you would come back over there to discuss hardware. It's your decision. I understand how you're feeling about this.
She was 89, and was already showing so many near-death symptoms of critical aging - he said that she was mostly a vegetable, but yet consciously experiencing antagonizing feelings.  A blood transfusion would've only endured her suffering as the body further degenerated into its full vegetable state within a matter of weeks or so.  Poppin couldn't just respect that she knew it was her time and leave it at that, rather than twisting it around and turning it into a bloody red herring.
That's easy for you to say when you weren't even in his situation. You're being really insensitive and quite mean actually.
It's because I don't even believe him to begin with (about the whole transfusion thing), given how he would do anything to attack your Christian beliefs with as harsh criticism as possible, that are completely unfounded and obviously fabricated on his own while acting as a "Simulation" troll who cannot even debate such topics in a calm, level-headed manner.
You know what I don't even want to talk about this with you any more.
Oh, behave! Tongue
Angel