Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Free Speech not allowed on Reddit
7-15-2015

Reddit CEO: Site is not a bastion of free speech, change coming

Reddit's new CEO, cofounder Steve Huffman, has made a statement regarding the site's controversial racism- and abuse-related community "subreddits." He said, "we don't have any obligation to support them."

In the brief announcement, Huffman explains that a robust content policy is something they have "been thinking about for quite some time" and is in the cards in the near future.
Free speech continues here.
Fuck yeah!!!!
Keep it going, Dave! Smile
Free speech FTW.
Valve hater, Nintendo hater, Microsoft defender, AMD hater, Google Fiber hater, 4K lover, net neutrality lover.
(07-16-2015, 09:12 AM)ocre Wrote: Fuck yeah!!!!

Freedom is the only way.
My son loves that video..

He is 7
Fuck no!!!

Fuck yeah, I mean! Tongue
Ok with science that the big bang theory requires that fundamental scientific laws do not exist for the first few minutes, but not ok for the creator to defy these laws...  Rolleyes
(07-18-2015, 10:49 AM)BoFox Wrote: Fuck no!!!

Fuck yeah, I mean!    Tongue

Split screen posts- fuck no!

Individual posts- fuck yeah!
And "mutual DISrespect" not allowed on BTR, after Poppin says these things (highlighted areas):

[Image: 2w7n9g9.jpg]

I said I was just kidding!!! But such serious and angry Poppin made the first "blatant" offensive, and then this:

[Image: iw7rr5.jpg]

Then he demands mutual respect after saying these things?? Ummm, ok, and I never attacked him in the first place although he said I did?? And then threatens me with the "ground rules for productive discussions." which is like throwing a couple of punches to the face, and then saying "no fighting allowed": http://www.babeltechreviews.com/communit...=7&page=40

Bottom line: ABT actually allows for free speech here, thanks to Dave allowing Rollo to come back here! Cheers to Rollo, SteelCrysis, and Ocre, (who all fell victim to Poppin's threats less than a year ago) in a place where Poppin can no longer carry out his hypocrisy here. You guys are great people, no matter the viewpoints, etc.! We all believe in something common: free speech.
Ok with science that the big bang theory requires that fundamental scientific laws do not exist for the first few minutes, but not ok for the creator to defy these laws...  Rolleyes
If I said exactly the same thing to Poppin, what he said to me:
"You have your own beliefs. They are not based on hard facts or hard evidence, although you apparently like to think so."
and then in the next post:
" I guess your vision may be limited to black and white, with no shades of gray."

He would have already banned me from BTR, just like SteelCrysis.

Even after I was defending him here on ABT regarding Obamacare and Social Security welfare.

This is the thanks I get? You're welcome very much, Poppin.
(07-16-2015, 02:20 AM)dmcowen674 Wrote: Free speech continues here.

Bless you, Dave!   Angel

Alien22
(07-21-2015, 12:50 PM)BoFox Wrote: If I said exactly the same thing to Poppin, what he said to me:
"You have your own beliefs.  They are not based on hard facts or hard evidence, although you apparently like to think so."
" I guess your vision may be limited to black and white, with no shades of gray."

Even after I was defending him here on ABT regarding Obamacare and Social Security welfare.  

This is the thanks I get?  You're welcome very much, Poppin.

If this were BTR I would have posted a video:

"Apoppin's way- fuck yeah!
Swingin' the ban hammer to save the motherfuckin' day!
Apoppin's way- fuck yeah!
Apoppin is the only way!"

Mostly I feel sorry for Mark, and in a way I get him. When you get in NVIDIA's inner circle it's pretty exciting stuff, if you like gaming hardware anyway.

He's always been opinionated and always been interested in "policing" the forums, making sure things were happening in line with his views. (E.G. his witch hunt for me on AT, his moderating there, his heavy handed moderating here and BTR)

The NVIDIA relationship has inflated his ego, both validated his view (to him anyway) and made him think he's an important part of the tech industry. (rather than an unpaid part of NVIDIA marketing)

As noted, I get it. Been there, done that. Mark's on a sad path, which is too bad. He's a nice guy, think he's just forgotten this stuff is a hobby and can't be taken very seriously.
(07-21-2015, 01:57 PM)BoFox Wrote:
(07-16-2015, 02:20 AM)dmcowen674 Wrote: Free speech continues here.

Bless you, Dave!   Angel

Alien22

I'm not a religious man, but I do say it's one of the possible answers that I can't discount. My son was confirmed this year, and I've told him more than once that I think the church has a lot of positives to offer him and does a lot of good in the world.
BoFox you're making a way bigger deal out of this than you need to. There was no mention of a ban, vacation, or even a warning. You said apoppin would ban you for saying his vision was limited - you did say that to him - twice! You said that he can't see outside the box. To me that is the same as saying that his vision is limited.

apoppin has only ever banned two people and it was for very good reasons with both of them.
Sickbeast, it was a friggin' joke!!! Friends joke with each other - usually a lot, if they're good friends, and I even make it clear that I'm joking. I do not lie when I say I'm joking. If you're saying that I'm lying, then it's your issue, that arises from yourself.
You're joking about what?
About the mind needing to see out of the box.  It was NOT directed at Poppin in any way, but was interpreted as such...   *facepalms*

[Image: f90.gif]
Honestly I think what both of you said to each other was pretty tame.
(07-21-2015, 12:38 PM)BoFox Wrote: Bottom line:  ABT actually allows for free speech here, thanks to Dave allowing Rollo to come back here!  Cheers to Rollo, SteelCrysis, and Ocre, (who all fell victim to Poppin's threats less than a year ago) in a place where Poppin can no longer carry out his hypocrisy here.  You guys are great people, no matter the viewpoints, etc.!  We all believe in something common:  free speech.
[Image: slow_clap_citizen_kane.gif]

(07-21-2015, 07:19 PM)SickBeast Wrote: BoFox you're making a way bigger deal out of this than you need to.  There was no mention of a ban, vacation, or even a warning.  You said apoppin would ban you for saying his vision was limited - you did say that to him - twice!  You said that he can't see outside the box.  To me that is the same as saying that his vision is limited.

apoppin has only ever banned two people and it was for very good reasons with both of them.
[Image: 2d2al8l.jpg]

(07-21-2015, 07:32 PM)SickBeast Wrote: Honestly I think what both of you said to each other was pretty tame.
[Image: 2d2al8l.jpg]
Not really, Trollpoppin went way over the line and attacked BoFox.
Valve hater, Nintendo hater, Microsoft defender, AMD hater, Google Fiber hater, 4K lover, net neutrality lover.
(07-21-2015, 07:19 PM)SickBeast Wrote: BoFox you're making a way bigger deal out of this than you need to.  There was no mention of a ban, vacation, or even a warning.  You said apoppin would ban you for saying his vision was limited - you did say that to him - twice!  You said that he can't see outside the box.  To me that is the same as saying that his vision is limited.

Apoppin feels threatened when anyone disagrees with him. His "very good reason" for banning me was he didn't like me posting he should go get a job with healthcare if he wants healthcare.

Babbled something about "having to protect ABT in it's growth phase, and after he banned me the web traffic immediately plummeted. What a concept- a discussion forum needs people on it discussing things to get traffic.

Turns out Apoppin's crazy theories of metaphysics, coupled with you and GStan chanting "Yes Master" was not what people want to read.

Go figure. :boredom:
(07-21-2015, 12:38 PM)BoFox Wrote: Bottom line:  ABT actually allows for free speech here, thanks to Dave allowing Rollo to come back here!  Cheers to Rollo, SteelCrysis, and Ocre, (who all fell victim to Poppin's threats less than a year ago) in a place where Poppin can no longer carry out his hypocrisy here.  You guys are great people, no matter the viewpoints, etc.!  We all believe in something common:  free speech.

Fuck yeah! Freedom is the only way. (seriously, and well said)
(07-21-2015, 12:50 PM)BoFox Wrote: If I said exactly the same thing to Poppin, what he said to me:
"You have your own beliefs.  They are not based on hard facts or hard evidence, although you apparently like to think so."

So you dont remember when he went on a rampage on the old forums when he was first creating the BTF?

You may have thought he was angry, just mad, or just lashing out but I didnt see it as such. Those things he said were truly what he thinks of us. He has a lot of issues and has become bitter in his age. Honestly, I dont see how you expected to have any discussion like that at all with him. He pretty much wrote you off completely and looks at you as a whack job bible thumper. When it comes to subjects like that, not one second of his time will he use actually thinking about anything you write or say. You are just giving him some fuel to ridicule.

You know you hit heavy resistance with you beliefs in the modern world. But you are talking to a guy who feels like he is looking down at you from miles above on his pedestal.

Apoppin will not be challenged in "his house". And once i started hearing him talk like that here at the ABT, there was absolutely no way i would want to waste my time at the BTR. His house? I enjoyed our community at the ABT and that was something i felt was a part of. It wasnt much, but it was our community. The ABT community was never his house but there he was claiming such. That we were merely his pesky guest that he couldnt stand deep down.

The why i feel, Apoppin can have it his way. The BTF is completely and entirely his. He even invented imaginary alter ego secret mods that he tried to pretend wasnt really him. It is all apoppin over there. Him and his house. You arent welcome if you arent a constant cheerleader.
Thats what he wants and he has every right to want things.

Just remember, if you are entering into the BTR, he sees it as you entering his house. You are a guest there and he has very strict guidelines and rules that should be followed. One of them is, dont challenge the master, he is always right. If he scolds you, submit or your done.

I dont care to join the cult he wants to build. I like HW and i to hang out with other enthusiast. I still love the communities and love to be a part of them. I will let apoppin have his house. Its all his......

I just wonder why he always says "we did this", "we did that" in his reviews????? We who? Apoppin in his imaginary mod? There is no "we", its just him........
One of my degrees is in Psychology, I think Apoppin is at stage 8 of Erikson's psychosocial development, on the bitter side.

http://psychology.about.com/od/psychosoc...cial_3.htm

He's a smart guy who dropped out of college pretty quickly, like most who start do, and I think it's one of the choices he's bitter about about.

Now he's trying to build his own world where he's the king and we "guests" provide the affirmation the corporate and academic world did not along the way.

That's why he loves his cheerleaders (GStan, Sick Beast) and bans anyone who disagrees.

Note: I don't think people need college or corporate success for fulfilling or happy lives, but I think Apoppin does. He's a smart guy who wants to be seen as smart, but he quit on his education and then never got intellectual training in the work world. So he's a case of arrested development who knows he could have been more.

Like most us, how many can really say they "did their best"?
What the hell Rollo? I don't blindly agree with everything apoppin says nor am I a "cheerleader". You're just a bitter fucked up loser with nothing better to do. Go back to your troll cave.
Do a search for how many times I've mentioned apoppin under this username (gstanford) here. Not many times at all and nearly all those times would be in response to something Trollo had wrote (and therefore don't count).

Trollo is the one with the apoppin obsession, not anyone else!
Adam knew he should have bought a PC but Eve fell for the marketing hype.

Homeopathy is what happened when snake oil salesmen discovered that water is cheaper than snake oil.

The reason they call it the American Dream is because you have to be asleep to believe it. -- George Carlin
(07-22-2015, 10:19 PM)SickBeast Wrote: What the hell Rollo?  I don't blindly agree with everything apoppin says nor am I a "cheerleader".  You're just a bitter fucked up loser with nothing better to do.  Go back to your troll cave.

Actually, I'm a pretty happy person. Have to run, taking my son up to cabin to fish for bass, get away from society.

That kind of stuff makes me happy!

Big Grin
Rollo is on my ignore list again.
(07-23-2015, 12:32 AM)SickBeast Wrote: Rollo is on my ignore list again.

Freedom is NOT the only way with SB.

SB:
"You have no life Rollo! You're an evil troll!"
"Dave, kick Rollo off the forum, he angers me and Apoppin!"
"Fuck you Rollo! Die!"

Rollo:
"One of my degrees is in psychology and I think the reason Apoppin bans those who disagree with him is he's bitter about roads not taken, and now it's too late. So he tries to surround himself with those who feed his ego, like SB."

SB: Fuck you Rollo! Die! I'm not even going to consider you anymore!"
Guys please let me know when Rollo is off the sauce.
(07-23-2015, 05:41 AM)SickBeast Wrote: Guys please let me know when Rollo is off the sauce.

Haven't had a drink since the last Superbowl, avoiding carbs as part of my diet.
I don't intend to drink period. I don't want to risk ending up like that drunk guy dancing with a road cone on his head during a sobriety test.
Haha,
You sure don't want to be that guy
(07-22-2015, 01:10 PM)ocre Wrote:

So you dont remember when he went on a rampage on the old forums when he was first creating the BTF?  

You may have thought he was angry, just mad, or just lashing out but I didnt see it as such.  Those things he said were truly what he thinks of us.  He has a lot of issues and has become bitter in his age.  Honestly, I dont see how you expected to have any discussion like that at all with him.  He pretty much wrote you off completely and looks at you as a whack job bible thumper.  When it comes to subjects like that, not one second of his time will he use actually thinking about anything you write or say.  You are just giving him some fuel to ridicule.  

You know you hit heavy resistance with you beliefs in the modern world.  But you are talking to a guy who feels like he is looking down at you from miles above on his pedestal.

Apoppin will not be challenged in "his house".  And once i started hearing him talk like that here at the ABT, there was absolutely no way i would want to waste my time at the BTR.  His house? I enjoyed our community at the ABT and that was something i felt was a part of.  It wasnt much, but it was our community.  The ABT community was never his house but there he was claiming such.  That we were merely his pesky guest that he couldnt stand deep down.  

The why i feel, Apoppin can have it his way.  The BTF is completely and entirely his.  He even invented imaginary alter ego secret mods that he tried to pretend wasnt really him.  It is all apoppin over there.  Him and his house.  You arent welcome if you arent a constant cheerleader.  

Just remember, if you are entering into the BTR, he sees it as you entering his house.  You are a guest there and he has very strict guidelines and rules that should be followed.  One of them is, dont challenge the master, he is always right.  If he scolds you, submit or your done.  

I dont care to join the cult he wants to build.  I like HW and i to hang out with other enthusiast.  I still love the communities and love to be a part of them.  I will let apoppin have his house.  Its all his......

I just wonder why he always says "we did this", "we did that" in his reviews?????  We who?  Apoppin in his imaginary mod?  There is no "we", its just him........

*sighs*, but exactly what you are talking about is happening all over again here:
http://www.babeltechreviews.com/communit...41#pid3341

It's not what I want to see from Apoppin - I wish for him to not be angry, nor do I want him to be angry at me.....  Poppin, please understand that.  We already agreed to disagree, so let's just move past that.  I'm asking him to close the thread, as it's impossible for him to move past this. Now he's trying to convert SB.
(07-23-2015, 09:22 AM)BoFox Wrote:
(07-22-2015, 01:10 PM)ocre Wrote:

You may have thought he was angry, just mad, or just lashing out but I didnt see it as such.  Those things he said were truly what he thinks of us.  He has a lot of issues and has become bitter in his age.  Honestly, I dont see how you expected to have any discussion like that at all with him.  He pretty much wrote you off completely and looks at you as a whack job bible thumper.  When it comes to subjects like that, not one second of his time will he use actually thinking about anything you write or say.  You are just giving him some fuel to ridicule.  

You know you hit heavy resistance with you beliefs in the modern world.  But you are talking to a guy who feels like he is looking down at you from miles above on his pedestal.

Apoppin will not be challenged in "his house".  And once i started hearing him talk like that here at the ABT, there was absolutely no way i would want to waste my time at the BTR.  His house? I enjoyed our community at the ABT and that was something i felt was a part of.  It wasnt much, but it was our community.  The ABT community was never his house but there he was claiming such.  That we were merely his pesky guest that he couldnt stand deep down.  

The why i feel, Apoppin can have it his way.  The BTF is completely and entirely his.  He even invented imaginary alter ego secret mods that he tried to pretend wasnt really him.  It is all apoppin over there.  Him and his house.  You arent welcome if you arent a constant cheerleader.  

Just remember, if you are entering into the BTR, he sees it as you entering his house.  You are a guest there and he has very strict guidelines and rules that should be followed.  One of them is, dont challenge the master, he is always right.  If he scolds you, submit or your done.  

I dont care to join the cult he wants to build.  I like HW and i to hang out with other enthusiast.  I still love the communities and love to be a part of them.  I will let apoppin have his house.  Its all his......

I just wonder why he always says "we did this", "we did that" in his reviews?????  We who?  Apoppin in his imaginary mod?  There is no "we", its just him........

*sighs*, but exactly what you are talking about is happening all over again here:
http://www.babeltechreviews.com/communit...41#pid3341

It's not what I want to see from Apoppin - I wish for him to not be angry, nor do I want him to be angry at me.....  Poppin, please understand that.  We already agreed to disagree, so let's just move past that.  I'm asking him to close the thread, as it's impossible for him to move past this.  Now he's trying to convert SB.

How was he trying to convert me? We all simply shared our own POV.
SB, he's gonna convert you if you let him!  Big Grin  

[Image: 2dfac75ff7e7b119eb0113dd108a19db.jpg]
Apoppin misses the point on several levels about religion:

1. The theories he believes are either antiquated (metaphysics) or just laughable (life is a simulation).

2. It's possible the Bible and everything in it are 100% true.

3. It's also possible that the Bible is brilliant social engineering and that religion fills many very positive roles in society and has for a very long time. (gives people hope, a sense of order for the world, a framework for charity and community, a moral compass)

There are a few things in the Bible that don't stand the test of time (attitude toward gays, women) but there's a lot more good than bad.

Furthermore, Apoppin isn't going to make any friends among the religious mocking their beliefs with his derision. (E.G. "the magic fairy book")

Want a "magic fairy tale"?

When Apoppin was involved with the beginning of ABT, he said it would soon be "bigger than Google" and that "Google level success is easy". Why? "It's metaphysics!"

You see, supposedly the collaboration of Apoppin, Dave, and BFG10K was a cosmic collision of mystical forces that would turn the internet upside down and change life as we know it. Why? "We're going to have a 3d virtual world forum, no one has ever done that".

No offense intended Dave, but did you ever at ANY point think ABT would be bigger than Google because it was going to be 3d? Or you were partnered with BFG10K and Apoppin? My guess is "no". Sound like a "magic fairy story" to you? My guess is "yes".

Have no doubts you thought ABT could be a viable review site and forum, but presumably you pretty much knew all along the mind of Apoppin isn't changing the internet world like Google did.
(07-21-2015, 11:04 PM)RolloTheGreat Wrote: Apoppin feels threatened when anyone disagrees with him. His "very good reason" for banning me was he didn't like me posting he should go get a job with healthcare if he wants healthcare.
I don't know if the attacks are pre-emptive, arising out of insecurity, or out of hate.  Poppin recently said this, after constantly attacking me and trying to set me up for a "perfect ban":

Apoppin Wrote:I will treat you like some of my friends who are Jehovah's witnesses. They are just like any of my other friends, EXCEPT that we make it a point to NEVER discuss religion with each other. 

[Image: dd5b9f92cf51747e1cf5a43b340d5faffdb39cbf...5fb053.jpg]

Him, friends whose beliefs he hate the most?  He can't even help but directly attack my beliefs over and over again right out of the blue, and even attacked SickBeast's beliefs as well by directly telling him that they're based on fables - out of the blue!  Watchtower cult members go around harassing every home across the country, and for Poppin to actually be friends with them without attacking them...   perhaps he's talking about neighbors/acquaintances, or family like cousins, as "friends", but actual friends???  I'm nothing like the Watchtower cultists, and yet Poppin launches ruthless offensives against me, walking all over me like a doormat.

Poppin is going to ban Sickbeast someday, no matter how much SB tries to empathize with him in a 2-person dialogue forum (Poppin doesn't like pity-parties - excessive displays of mercy and pity are insulting to anybody).  Soon, Poppin will blame SB for lack of forum growth (as he always blames others for his forum not growing past a certain level), and then attack his belief over and over again until SB dares show resentment, then bam! 

[Image: Reaction-Pic---Thats-impossible.jpg]

Message to self:
SB spamming BTR forum with rudimentary posts, all mercy talk and game of pity for bitter Poppin who refuses to talk to anybody here on ABT...

Poppin DIRECTLY attacking my beliefs again, again, and again when I'm not allowed to DIRECTLY attack his beliefs....
Always trying to set me up as the attacker.  Trying to lure me, provoke me to be the attacker, so he can make the "perfect ban"...

Sick and tired of this "enemy treatment". 

Like a friend giving hell all day long, knowingly unfairly.  Out of hate.  All day is too much.

Poppin is using me to seed the forum.  SB using me because he loves Poppin so much, and don't want Poppin to be all depressed with just SB left, as the forum become a 2-person dialogue. 

Let Poppin deal with this.  His ego deserves it, while his hate begs for lessons to learn.  He doesn't teach anything meaningful at all, while he acts like he knows so much about the metaphysics.

No jokes allowed with SB and Poppin.  Fun here, not fun there.

His home, he wants to be left alone, so I'm leaving it alone.  Love my enemies, but leave their homes if they do not really welcome me there, always trying to set me up....   I can see through this.  Leaving BTR alone after SB sided with Poppin, making it 2 vs 1 (painting me as one enemy in both of their way).  Let them enjoy their peace as much as possible.

Poppin enjoys his freedom of speech over there, and we enjoy ours here, with more respect for each other, leaving each other beliefs alone.  No issues with Steelcrysis's or Rollo's likes/dislikes - not accusing them of trolling/spamming, ever.   And definitely not spamming religion myself.  Just happy non-"violence" environment (banning is like violence/murder, if verbal abuse is abuse).  Whatever, man, monotonous wall of text over and moving on!
Simple solution BoFox. Don't preach to people who don't want to be preached to! Save it for the church hall or a church forum!

If you don't want your religous beliefs attacked don't force them onto others!
Adam knew he should have bought a PC but Eve fell for the marketing hype.

Homeopathy is what happened when snake oil salesmen discovered that water is cheaper than snake oil.

The reason they call it the American Dream is because you have to be asleep to believe it. -- George Carlin
Even though Apoppin has contempt for you I doubt he would ban you.

As you note, his site is in danger of becoming Apoppin posting his crazy crap, and SB and GStan saying "Yes Master". He knows his site can't survive that way, he needs you and ocre (his "no life losers" who should go "f*** themselves") to post there to give the illusion it's not a ghost town forum.

He tolerates those he despises because he needs them.