Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Smileys
Well it's 6 months on this host and knock on wood been perfectly stable.

When I brought this forum software up I didn't copy over any of the smileys that were added to the old software.

This is the default smileys that came with MyBB.

Anyone miss all those smileys?

Should I copy them over?
Anyone wanting the old smilies use the link below:

http://alienbabeltech.com/old_abt/postin...milies&f=4

right-click the smiley you want to use, "copy image image location" then paste that url in your post and use img tags around it.
Adam knew he should have bought a PC but Eve fell for the marketing hype.

Homeopathy is what happened when snake oil salesmen discovered that water is cheaper than snake oil.

The reason they call it the American Dream is because you have to be asleep to believe it. -- George Carlin
I would like it if the default MyBB smileys were available in Quick Reply.
Valve hater, Nintendo hater, Microsoft defender, AMD hater, Google Fiber hater, 4K lover, net neutrality lover.
Yes, Dave!!!  Those smileys were priceless!!!!!  Awesome!
Ok with science that the big bang theory requires that fundamental scientific laws do not exist for the first few minutes, but not ok for the creator to defy these laws...  Rolleyes
(07-18-2015, 09:02 PM)SteelCrysis Wrote: I would like it if the default MyBB smileys were available in Quick Reply.

I don't see an option to change the quick reply
(07-19-2015, 02:32 AM)BoFox Wrote: Yes, Dave!!!  Those smileys were priceless!!!!!  Awesome!

It will take a while. Have to convert the .gifs to .png which this software uses.
It's great that you have found a stable host, Dave.

How hard would it be to recover all the old articles? They seem to be missing charts and images.
(07-19-2015, 07:51 PM)SickBeast Wrote: It's great that you have found a stable host, Dave.

How hard would it be to recover all the old articles? They seem to be missing charts and images.

Probably a complete re-copy of wordpress which had gotten up to 26gb. Pretty tall order.
Can you take a look and see if post combining can be turned off dave? or set the timer to something like 2 minutes for combining posts.

Homeopathy is what happened when snake oil salesmen discovered that water is cheaper than snake oil.

The reason they call it the American Dream is because you have to be asleep to believe it. -- George Carlin
(07-19-2015, 09:36 PM)gstanford Wrote: Can you take a look and see if post combining can be turned off dave?  or set the timer to something like 2 minutes for combining posts.
OK, saw where a setting where if same author posts within 60 secs it automatically combines the posts. Changed it to 360 secs,
Thatpepsigirl2 Hurricane1 Laughing pig :Titantic: Breaknnews_e0 Abductt Alien23 Starwarskid Hello_Dave Head KISS MY ASS 1 Nightlife lady Cruise_zaps_oprah Know Animated lets party Freak_e0 Alien15 Alien20 Deadhorse Motorcycle17 Thatpepsigirl1 Romans
Most of them are back

I uploaded all of them but obvious;y not all are showing. I think there is a hard limit of how many this software can handle.

I will delete some of the never used ones and see if some of the more popular ones from the old forum then show up.
Great job Dave. Smile
Dave, I think you went the wrong way with the post combining. Increasing the time seems backwards.

Turn it off completely, if you can. Or make it less than 30 seconds. I don't honk anyone of us like the post combining
OK, it should be disabled now.
Can you add this Tom Cruise laughing gif to the smileys? http://oi50.tinypic.com/2d2al8l.jpg

Cruise_laugh

added
Valve hater, Nintendo hater, Microsoft defender, AMD hater, Google Fiber hater, 4K lover, net neutrality lover.
(07-19-2015, 10:01 PM)dmcowen674 Wrote:
(07-19-2015, 09:36 PM)gstanford Wrote: Can you take a look and see if post combining can be turned off dave?  or set the timer to something like 2 minutes for combining posts.
OK, saw where a setting where if same author posts within 60 secs it automatically combines the posts. Changed it to 360 secs,

Thanks! Much better!

(07-20-2015, 06:42 AM)SteelCrysis Wrote: Can you add this Tom Cruise laughing gif to the smileys? http://oi50.tinypic.com/2d2al8l.jpg

Trying to add it but the file is nearly 1 meg. Will try editing it later.
Alien2 :scared: Kiss-my-ass :jaws: :bike2: :tv: :elf: :skull: :hunter:
Ok with science that the big bang theory requires that fundamental scientific laws do not exist for the first few minutes, but not ok for the creator to defy these laws...  Rolleyes
:Safe_Sex:
a
safe sex!
Hahaha

Are those.......doing it?

Haha
I pared down a lot of the smileys. Also got rid of duplicates and blanks.

Testing

Beer3
Doing some more tweaking

Star-wars