Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cincinnatti cop charged with murder after shooting unarmed motorist in the head
7-29-2015

Ohio cop indicted on murder charge in traffic-stop shooting

A University of Cincinnati officer who shot a motorist during a traffic stop over a missing front license plate has been indicted on murder charges, a prosecutor said Wednesday, adding that the officer "purposely killed him" and "should never have been a police officer."

Authorities have said Tensing spotted a car driven by DuBose and missing the front license plate, which is required by Ohio law. They say Tensing stopped the car and a struggle ensued after DuBose refused to provide a driver's license and get out of the car.

Tensing has said he was dragged by the car and forced to shoot at DuBose. He fired one shot, striking DuBose in the head.

But Deters dismissed Tensing's claim that he was dragged by the car and suggested that he shouldn't have pulled DuBose over to begin with.

"He fell backward after he shot (DuBose) in the head," Deters said, adding that it was a "chicken crap" traffic stop.

Another day another execution
Video in slow motion with notable details highlighted:

The area around the head when it was shot in point-blank range was blurred out for the public.  Obvious enough anyway.  Officer was NEVER hit, as he claimed.  Driver was dead by the time his foot hit the pedal.
Ok with science that the big bang theory requires that fundamental scientific laws do not exist for the first few minutes, but not ok for the creator to defy these laws...  Rolleyes
Just imagine what the cops got away with prior to the advent of cheap portable video recording devices.....
Adam knew he should have bought a PC but Eve fell for the marketing hype.

Homeopathy is what happened when snake oil salesmen discovered that water is cheaper than snake oil.

The reason they call it the American Dream is because you have to be asleep to believe it. -- George Carlin
I still can't get over this. Too disgusting and reviling. His hand was actually up in the air (covering his head in a defensive position, with his right hand clearly visible on the steering wheel) when the cop had the gun in his face. Never seen anything like this. Cop should've just shot the tire instead of going full retard racist.

If the judge doesn't put that cop on death row, a riot will happen all over again just like the one in Baltimore 2 months ago - black folks in Cincinnati might just shoot another cop if justice isn't done. Better for the judge to do the right thing, rather than incite the angry folks to do the damage to another cop. If the driver were a white woman, it wouldn't have gone down like this - still no reason for the cop to shoot the driver in the face, putting the pedestrian on the side walk at risk of being hit by the car.

Dumbest cop who knew that he was wearing a body cam has to live with this for the rest of his life, at least, and drag his own nose right along the worst that life has to offer for the rest of his life. "Oops, why did I hate a nigger enough for murder assault, enough to turn my own life into pure shit?" will be his nightmarish issue bothering him like a gigantic whale-sized leech sucking on his own balls every single day, every direction he is allowed to take. Way to go, full retard, signing your own "hell warrant" on earth.
Ok with science that the big bang theory requires that fundamental scientific laws do not exist for the first few minutes, but not ok for the creator to defy these laws...  Rolleyes
(07-30-2015, 09:30 AM)RolloTheGreat Wrote:
(07-30-2015, 12:51 AM)dmcowen674 Wrote: Another day another execution

What a crock.

You should be thanking the cops every day of your life for basically being the dogcatchers of human beings.

I guarantee you don't want their job. If you were in physical and armed confrontations day in day out, you might screw up on occasion as well.

Really tired of the media playing up anything they can get their hands on that might show the cops in a negative light.

Really? You support this cop executing this unarmed motorist and all the other ones that have been documented the last year?

If this was any other site you would be banned.
(07-31-2015, 05:34 AM)dmcowen674 Wrote:

What a crock.

You should be thanking the cops every day of your life for basically being the dogcatchers of human beings.

I guarantee you don't want their job. If you were in physical and armed confrontations day in day out, you might screw up on occasion as well.

Really tired of the media playing up anything they can get their hands on that might show the cops in a negative light.

Really? You support this cop executing this unarmed motorist and all the other ones that have been documented the last year?

Youtube comments are way worse than Rollo would even dare attempt, hehe LOL.  At least Google is hard on work on cracking down with excessively inflammatory Youtube comments that receive too many negative ratings (with such comments down by like 35% this year compared to last year). 

Anyway, the crock of a racist cop probably forgot for a minute that he was wearing a body cam.  Rollo, oops you killed your wife when you "screwed up on occasion", as she disagreed with you everyday and you got tired of it..   what do you do now?  Especially if you were wearing a body cam that instantly uploads everything to the cloud...  Geez.  Tell the judge that you got tired of arguing, and that you're not perfect?

It was bad enough of the cop to put the gun in the driver's face, threatening his life.  That's what taser guns are for.  His left hand should've been reaching for the taser gun, while his right hand was on the pistol - instead of using his left hand to grab the steering wheel like as if he was a control freak.  And then shoot the tire that would still have been at point-blank range. 

America was a racist nation at the core until just about 40 years ago, and still quite a racist country in many places and aspects.  Our tax dollars are doing much good by forcing cops to wear body cams, and this would only further strengthen the cause, as other cops learn that it's utterly stupid to make "muderous" mistakes when tripping over something (i.e., power trip).

What a crock.

I deleted this post because I watched the video and saw this thread was not the place to debate the media sensationalizing police violence, out of respect for the victim of this crime.

If anyone should be banned, it is you for bringing a post out the trash for your own purposes, whatever they are.

I was responding to your ludicrous allegation that there are daily executions of the populace being carried out by the government, not this specific situation.

It's pretty obvious this situation is straight out murder and the policeman responsible needs to be sentenced as appropriate in his state for murder.
(07-31-2015, 06:01 AM)BoFox Wrote: Youtube comments are way worse than Rollo would even dare attempt, hehe LOL.  At least Google is hard on work on cracking down with excessively inflammatory Youtube comments that receive too many negative ratings (with such comments down by like 35% this year compared to last year). 

Anyway, the crock of a racist cop probably forgot for a minute that he was wearing a body cam.  Rollo, oops you killed your wife when you "screwed up on occasion", as she disagreed with you everyday and you got tired of it..   what do you do now?  Especially if you were wearing a body cam that instantly uploads everything to the cloud...  Geez.  Tell the judge that you got tired of arguing, and that you're not perfect?

It was bad enough of the cop to put the gun in the driver's face, threatening his life.  That's what taser guns are for.  His left hand should've been reaching for the taser gun, while his right hand was on the pistol - instead of using his left hand to grab the steering wheel like as if he was a control freak.  And then shoot the tire that would still have been at point-blank range. 

America was a racist nation at the core until just about 40 years ago, and still quite a racist country in many places and aspects.  Our tax dollars are doing much good by forcing cops to wear body cams, and this would only further strengthen the cause, as other cops learn that it's utterly stupid to make "muderous" mistakes when tripping over something (i.e., power trip).

Again, I was responding to Dave's ridiculous assertion the cops are executing people daily, had not even seen the video yet.

If anyone on YouTube is supporting the cops on this one, they shouldn't.

My problem with Dave's statement is probably 99% of cops are good people, doing a dangerous job for us. I think I can pretty much guarantee the percentage of good cops is higher than the percentage of good people.

Dave points to these isolated incidents where cops really are committing terrible crimes and says, "Cops are killing us daily" when the truth of the matter is 90% of the time cops are protecting us daily, and some of the rest of the time they're either making bad decisions in what could be life of death situations, or in this case it looks like killing a person without any reasonable cause.
The problem with body cams is that the smart police just turn them off before they misbehave. Technically, cops are killing us daily, since "cops" doesn't require a percentage, it just requires several of them doing it enough times that people inflate their killings to a daily occurrence.
Valve hater, Nintendo hater, Microsoft defender, AMD hater, Google Fiber hater, 4K lover, net neutrality lover.

What a crock.

I thoroughly agree!

Homeopathy is what happened when snake oil salesmen discovered that water is cheaper than snake oil.

The reason they call it the American Dream is because you have to be asleep to believe it. -- George Carlin
(07-31-2015, 06:07 AM)RolloTheGreat Wrote:

What a crock.

I deleted this post because I watched the video and saw this thread was not the place to debate the media sensationalizing police violence, out of respect for the victim of this crime.

If anyone should be banned, it is you for bringing a post out the trash for your own purposes, whatever they are.

I was responding to your ludicrous allegation that there are daily executions of the populace being carried out by the government, not this specific situation.

It's pretty obvious this situation is straight out murder and the policeman responsible needs to be sentenced as appropriate in his state for murder.

You have moderated forums before Rollo. You should know that Admin and Mods can see soft deleted posts. I saw it before Dave and was disgusted but said nothing because of its deleted status. I'm only commenting now because Dave chose to comment on it (and I'm glad he did, showing up the disgusting and shocking way you think about things!)

(07-31-2015, 06:50 AM)SteelCrysis Wrote: The problem with body cams is that the smart police just turn them off before they misbehave.  Technically, cops are killing us daily, since "cops" doesn't require a percentage, it just requires several of them doing it enough times that people inflate their killings to a daily occurrence.

Yeah, BUT:

What Dave alleges is not what is happening. He said "executions" (like this video) and this is not happening daily.

(at least in this country)
(07-31-2015, 06:57 AM)gstanford Wrote:
(07-31-2015, 06:07 AM)RolloTheGreat Wrote:

What a crock.

You have moderated forums before Rollo.  You should know that Admin and Mods can see soft deleted posts.  I saw it before Dave and was disgusted but said nothing because of its deleted status.  I'm only commenting now because Dave chose to comment on it (and I'm glad he did, showing up the disgusting and shocking way you think about things!)

Really?

It's "shocking and disgusting" to think most cops are good people doing a dangerous job for the public?

Why don't you put some more about that in print? I think you and Dave might be bordering on defamation of character here.

Think I'll make some screenshots of your shenanigans.
The cop had NO REASON WHATSOEVER for shooting the victim in the head! He could have shot the tires of vehicle IF the car was pulling away.

This is nothing more than racial bigotry by a black hater who thought he would get away with it because of his uniform!

(07-31-2015, 07:30 AM)gstanford Wrote: The cop had NO REASON WHATSOEVER for shooting the victim in the head!  He could have shot the tires of vehicle IF the car was pulling away.

This is nothing more than racial bigotry by a black hater who thought he would get away with it because of his uniform!

I agree with the above, and that is why I deleted my post that only referred to Dave's hysteria about supposed daily executions.

Again I ask-

Do you disagree with my position that most police are good people doing a noble job serving the public, and that these tragic isolated instances are not representative of daily police executions?

You speak for this site, care to elaborate on how me thinking most cops are not murderers is "disgusting"?

Do you think most cops are racist murderers?
It is often said that the only difference between police and criminals is that police recruits are the criminals who know they aren't smart enough to get away with a life of crime.

testing, as posting here on this thread didnt work?? strange
(07-31-2015, 06:17 AM)RolloTheGreat Wrote: Again, I was responding to Dave's ridiculous assertion the cops are executing people daily, had not even seen the video yet.

If anyone on YouTube is supporting the cops on this one, they shouldn't.

My problem with Dave's statement is probably 99% of cops are good people, doing a dangerous job for us. I think I can pretty much guarantee the percentage of good cops is higher than the percentage of good people.

Dave points to these isolated incidents where cops really are committing terrible crimes and says, "Cops are killing us daily" when the truth of the matter is 90% of the time cops are protecting us daily, and some of the rest of the time they're either making bad decisions in what could be life of death situations, or in this case it looks like killing a person without any reasonable cause.

Hey Rollo, I understand you that you didn't watch the video yet until after you made the original comment that you deleted after watching the video.  No biggie, pal.

Anyway, on a serious note to all of us Americans:  racism is still strong from American roots - it's only been 40 years since negroes weren't allowed to eat at restaurants that serve white people, or even ride buses with them.  Even 10 years after MLK Jr was assassinated, it was still a brutal America for 98% of African Americans (wages being less than half of whites for the same jobs, difficulty of getting hired, denial of access to certain airports like Jacksonville, etc.). 

For these cops to say in the report that the cop was hit by the driver, that the driver offered a liquor bottle to bribe the cop (99.9% of the time when a driver does that, it means the driver doesn't plan on shooting the cop) and then the killer pleads "not guilty" today:
http://www.cnn.com/2015/07/30/us/ohio-sa...e-tensing/

Quote:"I think that if there had not been a body camera, that Sam would have been left with the memory of everyone saying he was basically trying to kill a police officer," she said. "They would have turned a nonviolent man who was loved into a poster child for violence against police officers."
Have a look at a list of outstanding racist police brutality (at least where we had any actual evidence, which is rare) - all against black males, since the Rodney King beating:
http://www.cnn.com/2015/04/05/us/controv...ast-facts/

Quote:As the Washington Post’s Wesley Lowery and Mark Berman noted, “Police officers are rarely charged after fatally shooting people. A Washington Post investigation[/url] found that thousands of police shootings over the last decade have resulted in a few dozen officers being charged.”

According to a Post database tracking police shootings, more than 550 people have been shot and killed by cops this year alone and only three officers had been charged with crimes. In two of the previous shootings where cops were actually held accountable in some way, there was video evidence.
[url=http://www.slate.com/blogs/the_slatest/2015/07/29/the_sam_dubose_police_report_is_full_of_falsehoods_from_ray_tensing_s_colleagues.html]http://www.slate.com/blogs/the_slatest/2015/07/29/the_sam_dubose_police_report_is_full_of_falsehoods_from_ray_tensing_s_colleagues.html

The cop only fell because he lost balance.  Big deal.  Being dragged on the ground was a dishonest excuse, a lie deserving another count of indictment in court.  It's not as if he were hanging onto the door - all he had to do was let go of the steering wheel and shoot the tire.  Shooting the head should be very, very last resort - not "don't dare disobey me or I'll shoot your head" justification for the execution.

Time to weed out the bad cops using technology, at last...  no more racist wild wild west with an itchy trigger - which should be on the taser instead of the pistol.
Ahh, must've been some scripting complexities that prevented me from posting here. Bizzare and weird.
(07-31-2015, 08:02 AM)gstanford Wrote: It is often said that the only difference between police and criminals is that police recruits are the criminals who know they aren't smart enough to get away with a life of crime.

Where is that often said? Prison?

So the men and women who have made a career of getting dope dealers, gang bangers, abusive parents, abusive spouse, thieves, rapists, and murderers off are streets are no better than the people they arrest, who you consider smarter?

Tell us more Gstanford.
Better said:
The difference between police and criminals is that police recruits are (GENERALLY) the criminals who know they are too smart to try to get away with a lawless life of crime, which they would otherwise pursuit due to a lust for adrenaline and social unscrupulousness by carrying a gun with them all the time everywhere they go.

Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin
(07-31-2015, 08:25 AM)BoFox Wrote: Hey Rollo, I understand you that you didn't watch the video yet until after you made the original comment that you deleted after watching the video.  No biggie, pal.

Anyway, on a serious note to all of us Americans:  racism is still strong from American roots - it's only been 40 years since negroes weren't allowed to eat at restaurants that serve white people, or even ride buses with them.  Even 10 years after MLK Jr was assassinated, it was still a brutal America for 98% of African Americans (wages being less than half of whites for the same jobs, difficulty of getting hired, denial of access to certain airports like Jacksonville, etc.). 

40 years?!

Dude, thirty years ago I had black professors, used to go to clubs and get wrecked with my black friends, and was dating any race that would let me buy them dinner.

These days we have a black president, and I run into black people at all levels of business.

My son says at his school no one really cares about race at all, and in my neighborhood none of us care what race or sexual orientation people are.

I think we've come a LONG way toward the way things are supposed to be.

Racism still exists, and probably always will. (just like sexism, ageism, homophobia, religious discrimination, and Ford vs Chevy) But things have come a long way and better than they were.

Personally I think our real problem is the economy- we have way too many poor people, not enough decent jobs. Poor people without hope sometimes turn to crime, no matter what their race.
Agreed, man!  

But not agreed on everything - one small part, highlighted below:
(07-31-2015, 08:54 AM)RolloTheGreat Wrote: Racism still exists, and probably always will. (just like sexism, ageism, homophobia, religious discrimination, and Ford vs Chevy) But things have come a long way and better than they were.

I think it was much better during the 50's and 60's right after WW2, as it was all about communism vs democracy.  Then now, radical extremists (Taliban, ISIS - especially an alarming number of ISIS terrorists in the hiding here in DC metro area which is frightening) and "holier-than-thou" folks are stirring up a bit of commotion these days, driving many atheists to express extreme intolerance towards religions, particularly some of them - with the atheists and their discrimination towards such generally on a sharp rise as of late.  Just an observation (and a disagreement) to mention, that's all.

You from Wisconsin anyway, so no wonder you had a black professor anyway, lol.  Definitely not in the deep south where I grew up in, where 98+% of African Americans were being massively oppressed.  Many of them were so uneducated to begin with, so it was difficult for them to begin with anyway.
(07-31-2015, 08:25 AM)BoFox Wrote: Hey Rollo, I understand you that you didn't watch the video yet until after you made the original comment that you deleted after watching the video.  No biggie, pal.

For these cops to say in the report that the cop was hit by the driver, that the driver offered a liquor bottle to bribe the cop (99.9% of the time when a driver does that, it means the driver doesn't plan on shooting the cop) and then the killer pleads "not guilty" today:
http://www.cnn.com/2015/07/30/us/ohio-sa...e-tensing/

Quote:"I think that if there had not been a body camera, that Sam would have been left with the memory of everyone saying he was basically trying to kill a police officer," she said. "They would have turned a nonviolent man who was loved into a poster child for violence against police officers."
Why do I have the ugly feeling that the police officer's testimony will overrule the video? If that happens, I hope Cincinnati burns.
Valve hater, Nintendo hater, Microsoft defender, AMD hater, Google Fiber hater, 4K lover, net neutrality lover.
(07-31-2015, 09:45 AM)SteelCrysis Wrote: Why do I have the ugly feeling that the police officer's testimony will overrule the video?  If that happens, I hope Cincinnati burns.

The only way the officer's testimony could matter here is if he testifies that the driver of the car was pulling a gun when he fired and the gun was in the car.

The news said the guy was unarmed, and the prosecutor for the county said:

Quote:“It was so unnecessary for this to occur,” Hamilton County prosecutor Joe Deters said at an afternoon news conference. Of more than 100 police shootings reviewed by his office, Deters said, “this is the first time that we’ve thought, ‘This is without question a murder.'”

There isn't anything this guy can say that will clear himself.

Personally I think all cops should wear body cams while on duty and that it being turned off grounds for suspension or dismissal. We need to have accountability because two times this year cops have shot people apparently without cause. (other time was that guy running away from a traffic stop)

Wikipedia says in 2008 there were 765,000 cops on the street, so two is not "most cops" or "daily", but it's still two too many.

The body cams would also clear things up in the cases where people are shot resisting arrest, and allow the cops to determine if using deadly force was justified, or excessive and get those cops out of circulation.
Quote:Personally I think all cops should wear body cams while on duty and that it being turned off grounds for suspension or dismissal.

Bugger that! if you are issued a body cam and you wilfully switch it off or tamper with it in any way so that it fails to record video or audio, or you manipulate the cam so it records a scene other than the one it is meant to record (roughly the same scene as the officer sees with his/her own eyes) while you are on active duty instant 25 year jail sentence with no parole. Same applies to any editting of the video footage.

(07-31-2015, 05:43 PM)gstanford Wrote:
Quote:Personally I think all cops should wear body cams while on duty and that it being turned off grounds for suspension or dismissal.

Bugger that!  if you are issued a body cam and you wilfully switch it off or tamper with it in any way so that it fails to record video or audio, or you manipulate the cam so it records a scene other than the one it is meant to record (roughly the same scene as the officer sees with his/her own eyes) while you are on active duty instant 25 year jail sentence with no parole.  Same applies to any editting of the video footage.

Even if no one is harmed? 25 years to turn the camera off? Most people don't serve that for actually killing someone.
Yes, because you are trying to cover up an action of yours that is very likely illegal. There would be no other reason to tamper with the cam.

Public officials should be held to a higher standard than the average non-public servant citizen and be subjected to harsh punishment when they abuse the system they are employed to uphold.

I don't like that most of the forces that have the cameras can turn them off at will.
(07-31-2015, 06:21 PM)gstanford Wrote: Yes, because you are trying to cover up an action of yours that is very likely illegal.  There would be no other reason to tamper with the cam.

Public officials should be held to a higher standard than the average non-public servant citizen and be subjected to harsh punishment when they abuse the system they are employed to uphold.

Well, you cant say that.

I can think of plenty of reasons to turn off the cams. Such as an officer talking to his girlfriend he has on the side.

But during any traffic stop or a police call, any time they have contacted dispatch or they are dispatched, the cameras should be a requirement. No question about it
(07-31-2015, 06:21 PM)gstanford Wrote: Yes, because you are trying to cover up an action of yours that is very likely illegal.  There would be no other reason to tamper with the cam.

Joint
Nice. Freedom of speech ends on ABT
(08-02-2015, 10:19 PM)RolloTheGreat Wrote: Nice. Freedom of speech ends on ABT
Huh?
(08-02-2015, 11:34 PM)SteelCrysis Wrote:
(08-02-2015, 10:19 PM)RolloTheGreat Wrote: Nice. Freedom of speech ends on ABT
Huh?

I was having trouble posting in this thread, but looking at BoFoxs posts, it's not just me
(08-03-2015, 02:39 AM)RolloTheGreat Wrote: I was having trouble posting in this thread, but looking at BoFoxs posts, it's not just me
What kind of trouble? I checked system health and all files pass.
I get "HTTP 500 That's odd, MS Edge can't find this page" when I try to quote a post.
(08-03-2015, 08:20 AM)RolloTheGreat Wrote: I get "HTTP 500 That's odd, MS Edge can't find this page" when I try to quote a post.

Take the multiple links out.

I noticed MyBB seems to only like a single link in a post.
505 Rollo not found

Wouldn't that be a treat! LOL