Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Average monthly electric bill to be at least $1,000 a month
Whitehouse increases electric rates by at least 32%

8-3-2015

The White House is poised to unveil its final version of a plan to slash carbon emissions from existing power plants in what President Barack Obama calls the "biggest, most important step we've ever taken" to fight climate change.

Power plants account for nearly 40 percent of the country’s emissions of CO2, which is the most common greenhouse gas contributing to global warming. But there has been no limit to how much carbon these plants could spew into the air Americans breathe.

The revised plan will require the power sector to cut carbon emissions to 32 percent below 2005 levels by 2030.

Republican presidential candidate Jeb Bush said that Obama’s plan is “irresponsible and overreaching.”“The rule runs over state governments, will throw countless people out of work and increases everyone’s energy prices”
They make it cost prohibitive to run your own solar power because they charge a crazy rate so basically unless you are rich in the U.S. most Americans will no longer have electricity including me.

I don't think I will stick around when it comes to that point. I would find a way to go to a country that I can still afford electricity.
LOL

"The sky is falling! The skiy is falling!"

https://www.mge.com/customer-service/hom...rates-res/

In our state capitol, electricity has a base fee of $20/month and $.13/Kwh.

A 32% raise in the cost of energy would make it $.17/KWh.

Your $1000. forecasted bill would mean that 5764 KWh per month is used.

http://www.eia.gov/tools/faqs/faq.cfm?id=97&t=3

Quote:In 2013, the average annual electricity consumption for a U.S. residential utility customer was 10,908 kilowatt hours (kWh), an average of [B]909 kWh per month

So is the average home's electric use going to jump over 6X also?

909KWh X $.13 = $118.17

909KWh X $.17 = $154.53 under 32% increase.

I'd find the $35 a month in the budget before I would move to another country if I were you. Might take a long time to offset the international moving costs at $35/month savings.

Not to mention I believe our electricity is dirt cheap compared to other places, and our gas is as well. Look into what they pay in Europe.
You don't live here. Businesses are in a panic and building Solar farms like crazy with Lithion ION battery storage systems. Many planning on going completely off grid.
(08-05-2015, 04:52 AM)dmcowen674 Wrote: You don't live here. Businesses are in a panic and building Solar farms like crazy with Lithion ION battery storage systems. Many planning on going completely off grid.

Prairiedog80

Did you watch the video in your link?

People don't vote climate change, Senate telling states to ignore Obama, suits lining up in court to stop law, law not a big change anyway because it uses change from 2005 level and we've already done a lot in last 10 years, etc..

Like most things Obummer dreams up, this isn't happening.
Why do you guys use coal power so much down there? We use nuclear and hydro.
(08-05-2015, 07:12 AM)SickBeast Wrote: Why do you guys use coal power so much down there?  We use nuclear and hydro.

Mostly because we have ten times as many people as Canada and there aren't enough rivers here to power us, and nuclear waste would be huge if we used that.
(08-05-2015, 07:12 AM)SickBeast Wrote: Why do you guys use coal power so much down there? We use nuclear and hydro.

Coal is an abundant resource. It's not a far train ride from the mines here in Southern Indiana to the power plants in Indiana. The biggest plant is in downtown Indianapolis. It has scrubbers, the main release from it is steam.