Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Google makes new parent company called Alphabet
Google to become Alphabet as firm shakes up operating structure

8-10-2015

Under the unorthodox plan unveiled by Page on Monday, a new holding company called Alphabet will be formed as the publicly-traded entity owning Google and all of its varied other efforts. Page will become CEO of Alphabet and Sundar Pichai, who oversaw most of Google's core businesses, will become CEO of the newly segregated Google unit. Brin will become the president of Alphabet, and Eric Schmidt will become the executive chairman of Alphabet.

The Google unit, which will report distinct financial results, will include only search, ads, maps, apps, YouTube and Android and the related technical infrastructure, the company said in a filing with the Securities and Exchange Commission. Businesses such as Calico, smart hardware maker Nest, and Fiber, as well as its investing arms, such as Google Ventures and Google Capital, and incubator projects, such as Google X, will be "managed separately from the Google business," the company said.
How can they take the word "Alphabet"?
$Billion.. easy! Smile
Ok with science that the big bang theory requires that fundamental scientific laws do not exist for the first few minutes, but not ok for the creator to defy these laws...  Rolleyes
It's bad karma, after all. Trying to be too extravagant by using such an extravagant word will just backfire.. Let's see!
Ok with science that the big bang theory requires that fundamental scientific laws do not exist for the first few minutes, but not ok for the creator to defy these laws...  Rolleyes
I think I am going to create AlphaBabelTech.com as an "alpha" website, which will then make ABT the "omega". BTR can be the "gamma". Then Dave and Mark can funnel all their profits to me. Tongue

Please don't sue me Dave!!! TongueTongueTongue