Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Judge sentences East Texas man to get married or face jail time
Judge sentences East Texas man to get married or face jail time

8-10-2015

In July, a Smith County judge sentenced Josten Bundy to get married to his 19-year-old girlfriend as part of his probation, which also included writing Bible verses and getting counseling.

The court case stemmed from a February altercation between Bundy and the ex-boyfriend of his girlfriend, Elizabeth Jaynes.

“[The ex-boyfriend] had been saying disrespectful things about Elizabeth, so I challenged him to a fight,” said Bundy. “He stepped in and I felt like it was on and I hit him in the jaw twice.”

Bundy said the ex-boyfriend did not require medical attention, but pressed assault charges.

Judge Rogers asked Bundy if he was married to Jaynes and then said, “You know, as a part of my probation, you’re going to have to marry her…within 30 days.”

If Bundy declined to do the probation, he would be sentenced to 15 days in jail.

Judge Rogers declined to interview about an open probation case. He also declined to comment generally about his sentencing practices.
Texas is truly a land of it's own.
LOL, for real??? The judge needs to seriously re-consider the amendment rights - or else get relieved of the status someday real soon. IMHO, the judge is just power-tripping (probably on the moral hypocritical "Christian" side).
Ok with science that the big bang theory requires that fundamental scientific laws do not exist for the first few minutes, but not ok for the creator to defy these laws...  Rolleyes
Judge needs to realize that forced marriage is a crime, which he should spend a awfully long time in prison for.  I think life in solitary confinement would be good, considering his abuse of power.

Of course, Sherlock Holmes had something to say in The Adventure of the Solitary Cyclist: "Then you got it by a trick. But in any case a forced marriage is no marriage, but it is a very serious felony, as you will discover before you have finished. You’ll have time to think the point out during the next ten years or so, unless I am mistaken."
Valve hater, Nintendo hater, Microsoft defender, AMD hater, Google Fiber hater, 4K lover, net neutrality lover.